Status: In process. Kind of slow but getting there. :D

I Was Always a Biter

3. Common Sense

**********
William’s POV

I would say I am a calm person. I put up with a lot from people. Not that I want to but I have to. But that helps keep things in line. I mean, I can’t have trouble. Not now. Gabe Saporta was enough as it was.

I had newborn vampires. They can’t control themselves so they need to be controlled. It’s hard. I know it is but my men should be used to it. Though for some weird reason they can’t seem to calm these new ones.

It must be a phase.

Back to Gabe Saporta, “So what did you find out?”

Brendon, my right hand man spoke, “We think he has a hideout on Madison Street. We’re not sure. But there is an empty warehouse. It would be perfect for him. The windows are boarded up and it’s not condemned but should be.”

I smirked, “I thought he had batter class then that.”

Then I started to think to myself. I knew Gabe had more class then that. He would never stay in a place not like that. Well, unless it was an emergency. Technically, he was in need. Two nights ago he took a fatal hit and lost quite of few of vampires.

Sickening, how we are so alike and yet we kill each other off.

I don’t like him and he doesn’t like me. It’s not my fault. He started it. He came on my turf and acted like owned the place. Forgive me for sounding like a child, but he is not allowed to take what is not his.

I didn’t want this to get too blown up but it seemed to be the only way to keep my street safe. Yes, I was hunting humans but only what I needed. Gabe on the other hand wanted to devour every last drop of the city. He was giving me a bad name.

“And what of this Ashley girl? Do you know where she lives?”

She was a pretty one. Not like some of the other locals. She was different. I might not know her but I could tell there was something special deep in there. I mean she caught my attention for god sakes. No human usually does that.

One of my other men spoke up, “Yes. I followed her home. I saw a older female and a male but I think that is all that lives there besides her. “

I felt my lip curl, “Think or you know?”

“I-”

Brendon cut him off, “Just shut up.”

I looked away from them and towards another head vampire. He was another one I trusted, “Skisy. When you get the chance take this birdbrain with you to see who all is in the house. I want to know every detail. Get a floor plan if you can.”

He only nodded me but he was serious. He was one of my men that were in charge of the newborns. I knew I could trust him with it because he was strong. He was determined too. He never gave up. Then again, I never let him.

“I suggest you men rest. I need to send a group of you tomorrow to figure out more on Saporta. I need to pin point where he is. I don’t want this rat to get out of hand.”

Mike Carden was another to speak up, “The hunters?”

I looked in his direction, “Spare them. They’re not our enemy at the moment. Maybe we can lead them to Saporta and have them kill them. Honestly, I don’t care about them. Kill them if you want but remember your main target is Saporta.”

I heard a few grunts and agreements. I stood up and slowly walked past my men through the room. I could feel all their eyes on me. Almost a burning sensation. I don’t know what the reason was for all the tension but it was rather unsettling.

As I walked out of the room I spoke one last word, “Dismissed.”

I could hear shuffling and in seconds Brendon was near me, “Beckett?”

He kept up with my pace, “What?”

“Why are you keeping such an eye on this girl?”

“Saporta is interested in her. That is enough to keep an eye on her.”

I could hear a chuckle in his voice, “Come on now William. I know you better then anyone here. There is another reason.”

We stopped at my bedroom door. I smiled at him and reached for the handle. I opened the door and slipped into the room. He tilted his head and raised an eyebrow. I know he wanted an answer but letting him suffer was rather fun.

“Goodnight Urie.” I closed the door on him.
***************
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!
Please comment and subscribe.
Thank you to all the people who commented.
Thanks to: AlmostLovelyDisaster and Lovelynight