Status: In process. Kind of slow but getting there. :D

I Was Always a Biter

8. Praying For Life

******
Ryan's POV

I hated this clan. I hated my life and even more I hated Beckett. All he worries about is that stupid human girl, I thought to myself. I let my fingers trace the walls of the mansion as I walked down the hallway. I didn't feel like looking for Brendon, knowing he would be dead by now.

Saporta had his way of treating the living and the dead. Through torturing, sometimes even sex. That was his favorite thing to do. Interrogate you, tell him your greatest sins, then kill you slowly. He always got joy from death. That was the difference between him and Beckett.

Beckett honored both the living and the dead. Respected them both as much as he damn well pleased to do. How do I know this you may think? Well I used to be apart of the Cobras. Beckett saved my life. For that is why he doesn't trust me one bit. I don't blame him. I still have some Cobra in me. That's why I don't feel like going to Saporta's hideout. He'll try to suck me right back in.

And let me tell you something, when you get in, you never get out.

I watched Beckett's men begin to discuss about feeding matters, then they started to talk about 'his' as in Beckett's girl. I listened closely.

'This isn't entirely great', one of the men began, 'He'll worry about this girl constantly and forget about what his clan needs. We are already falling apart. I don't know what's gotten into him. Maybe he just wants to feed off of her. I've never seen him so fixed on a girl like that, but she does smell good.'

'Agreed.', Michael chimned in, 'He has been acting differently, but I can see why. The pressure of Saporta is finally getting to him. Not that it hasn't before, but now he thinks Saporta's going to take the girl from him.'

'But he is', I interjected.

All of his men looked at me. I was busted, I knew I wasn't really included in that conversation, but maybe I could give them a few details and they'd forgive me. Either way I had to act fast, 'Saporta wants the girl as bad as Beckett does. He was there the night that he took her from her house.'

'And how do you know of this?', Michael questioned me.

'I was there. Yes, I know that's called spying, but I'm doing it for the clan.' I explained it to them as best as I could. Knowing something had to be done.


'Doing what for the clan?', I heard a familiar voice question me. Shit. It was Beckett.

**
Ashley's POV

So I didn't really have anywhere to go. The door was locked and I was sure as hell that I wasn't jumping out of a two-story window. I felt something poking me in my hip. It was my phone. I forgot all about it.

I grabbed it out of my pocket and flipped it open. Dead. I threw it against the wall knowing it was useless. I watched it hit against the wall as you could hear it snap. It was junk anyway. I walked over to the bed and crawled under the covers started praying. I wasn't highly religious, nor did I have a specific religion, but I did believe in God and Jesus. It was the first time I had ever actually prayed in my life, but now, what I was praying for was something I'd never thought I would have to pray for, I was praying for my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy birthday William Beckett!