Status: Updated biweekly

Used to Love 'Em

Chapter Three

"This could be a tad harder than I anticipated." Axl mused to himself as he walked down a street in downtown LA. He was on the bad side of town, up ahead he could see a bunch of kids, ones that looked like they were up to no good running around. Probably smoking pot or up to some other form of mischief. He saw the bar that he had been given the name of and turned into the alleyway before it, like he had been instructed too. He had his hood up and his aviators that covered most of his face. Hopefully no-one would recognize him, although he was sure that they probably wouldn't after all, he didn't wear track pants very often. Or baggy sweatshirts with the Motley Crue logo strewn across them.

"Are you Bill Bailey?" A voice said behind him. "Don't turn around or else." The voice threatened as he felt the metal barrel of a gun press against his head.

"Yes that's me, I came here because I needed a gun, and two rounds for that gun." Axl stammered as he raised his arms up.

"What kind of gun?" The voice demanded to know as Axl shrugged his shoulders

"I don't care, a pistol or something, maybe the one that you've got aimed at the back of my head." Axl replied as he felt the metal get pressed into his head.

"Don't act smart around me or else." The voice said, "you have money for the gun?" The male voice asked after a moment. "Don't move or nod your head." The voice warned.

"Yes." Axl replied quietly.

"Where is it?"

"My sweatshirt pocket there's a bundle, that's the money." Axl said out loud trying to keep his voice from shaking. He felt a hand in his sweatshirt, probably looking for the money but the barrel remained pressed firmly against his head.

"The gun will be on the floor behind you. I will leave and you will count to ten, do not turn around before then or I will kill you, the rounds will be with the gun." The voice said before it went silent. The barrel of the gun was no longer pressed against his skin.

"Eight, nine, ten." Axl finished counting out loud before he turned around only to see that he was alone in the alley. It was deserted, barren, completely void of life, like when he had come, except for him. There were no rats, no mice, no bugs, just him.
True to the man’s word the gun and the rounds were right where he said they would be. Axl didn't have a clue about guns, but it looked like a simple pistol, point and shoot, just the basic gun. No silencer, no anything, just a gun and bullets.

"Now let's see if the damn thing is loaded." Axl muttered to himself as he placed the bullets in his pocket before playing with magazine and flipping it open, the gun was fully loaded. Axl was ready to rock and roll. "Now just to get this baby home, if it'll even make it there." Axl said with a bit of a smirk playing across his face. He was happy, that much was obvious, why was he so happy? Well there were many reasons why he was happy but it all came down to one thing, and that was simply because after so many long years of waiting his plan was finally coming together.

As Axl left the alleyway he made sure that his hood was up all the way and his aviators covered most, if not all of his face. His hand was in his pocket, clutching the gun that he had just gotten tightly while the other hand held the bullets down, trying to keep them from making noise as the clinked against each other.

"First victim, where are you?" Axl mused out loud as he walked down the streets, it was barely past ten o'clock on a Monday night, where was everyone? The streets were basically dead, and that wasn't good. Not for Axl it went against his plan. He needed to run into someone, he needed to accidently bump into some random innocent bystander. In his pocket beside the note he could feel the thin piece of paper that he had specifically placed in his pocket earlier. Just for this, everything was in preparation for this, the clothes he bought the way he acted; it was all coming down to this. It was all for this. He continued walking down the street, trying to come off as unsuspicious as possible, which he seemed to be having quite a few problems with. Mostly because it was hard not to look suspicious when you had your hood up, aviators covering your face, a large baggy sweater and pants to match and you had both of you hands crammed in your pockets. "Oh come on, someone anyone walk by, please." Axl begged out loud unafraid if anyone heard him, because if they did well it would one of the last things that they ever heard.

Axl continued to walk along the street as the darkness took over, still he was alone, it was just him, no-one else. Not a single solitary soul anywhere. He passed a little small run down fast food shack before deciding to stop and wait outside. After all it was a fast food joint, there were always hungry people going in and out of there, if he wanted long enough he was sure that someone would come out of there. Someone that would turn into his first victim.

He waited a few minutes before sure enough a man, no younger than twenty left the area going the same way that Axl was going, the same general direction of Axl's house. It was perfect, it was as though this was supposed to happen.

"Just a quickly and then we can go." Axl said out loud talking to himself as his grip tightened around the gun. He was ready for this, he knew what he was doing. Axl followed the man for a block give or take a bit, taking a chance and letting him walk every time as a corner approached. Every time he did it he knew that he was risking quite a lot because if the man turned then it was done, it was over and he wouldn't be able to go after him, simply because those streets led into the downtown of LA, right now he was in the slums, where the people were used to hearing gunshots and sirens every night. They had grown up with it and it didn't bother them in the least. They didn't care about the siren's as long as they were inside. "This is it." Axl told himself as he took a deep breath.

"Hey you!" He called out as the man turned around, facing Axl with a look of surprise, Axl didn't waste a second as he pulled out the gun and pulled the trigger. This was it, he had one shot and it better hit or else he was screwed and his delicate plan was ruined. He watched as the man was hit and he staggered a few steps a shocked look upon his face as a spot on his chest turned red and grew as though it was a flower, blossoming and spreading out. He made a gurgling sound in the back of his throat as Axl put the gun back into his pocket, he would have to wait until later to get rid of that, a lot later and on the other side of town. Or even better, close to here, somewhere where the cops would never find it but it would never draw the lines between Axl and the murder, not ever in a million years. The man fell flat on his face as Axl watched with a disinterested expression on his face, he didn't care. This was a nobody to him, just a unidentified face, just another face in a sea of them. Then with a humming sound in the back of Axl's throat he pulled the small sheet of paper out of his pocket and tucked it under the body pulling his hand back and seeing the tips of his fingers covered in blood, it was still warm and sticky. He made a disgusted face as he wiped it on his clothes, those would have to go straight to the fireplace, or the hoodie would need to be bleached but that would ruin it, might as well burn the damned thing. Now Axl was nearly free, he just had to do one thing, and that was get home, and how hard could that be?