Status: I feel awful. Forgive me! I'm writing now! (2/18/11)

Bring Me That Horizon

Prologue.

I hated everything about my life at the moment. My dad was a colonel in the Marines and was never home. When he did come home though, it was a time of rejoicing for the family in the whole, but also sadness, because we knew that our home would be gone within the next few weeks. It was the same thing every year. We would settle down and finally start getting accustomed to the area when we would have to up and leave once again. We, of course, would be my mother, my little sister, and I.

I loved my family, I really did. I was just so sick of constantly moving. I was a loner in the schools that I went to, and when I would actually start making friends we’d disappear. It sucked. My sister, Cheyenne, didn’t seem to be effected by the moves at all. In fact, she loved it. Chey loved seeing new places and she took it as a gift from our parents.

I had just packed all my boxes except for one into the moving van. My dad was transferred once again, this time from Georgia all the way to San Diego, California. I would be flying out with Cheyenne to meet my aunt and cousins and stay with them until my parents arrived. I looked down at the bag in my hands. In it were the contents of my childhood, the one before my dad became a colonel. Photographs of our family on multiple vacations were strewn inside, along with medals and trophies, and other collectibles. I would be carrying this on the plane with me. This never left my sight. I don’t know what I would do without my memories.

But now it was time to stop dwelling on the past and face the future.