Status: I feel awful. Forgive me! I'm writing now! (2/18/11)

Bring Me That Horizon

Dos.

I regretted the previous day. Why bother trying to make friends or acting so nice and, well, normal around when I would be leaving soon anyways? Fuck that shit. All I needed right now was an aspirin, my surfboard, and the cool water all around me. Too bad I only had one of those things right at the moment, and it was the aspirin. Before I walked into Jaime’s kitchen I had turned around and fled. I didn’t need Jaime or any of his friends.

But of course, I did the one thing you should never do: look back. Jaime’s joyous face turned into one of complete and utter sadness, almost like a sad little boy. My heart felt a twinge of sadness at the thought of hurting him, but I chose to anyways.

I sighed as I laid back on my bed. My room was really nice, with a small private bathroom, and a balcony with a table and a few chairs on it. The balcony overlooked the ocean. I knew my dad had prevented Chey from having this room for just that reason. He knew how much I loved the ocean. Cheyenne’s room was on the first floor near my parent’s bedroom. She was only six after all, and my parents liked to have her closer just in case anything happened. My arm hurt from the fall, but I was avoiding the doctor like the plague. The same way I was avoiding Jaime. I knew he had come over to see what went wrong, but before he got to the door he turned around and went home.

A warm breeze drifted through the open balcony doors and lifted my spirits. I stood, searching for a swim suit in my many boxes. I dressed quickly and went downstairs. My dad was standing at the kitchen counter eating a sandwich.

“Hey sweetheart. You like it here?” he asked, his mouth half full. He smiled, a happiness I hadn’t seen in a long time shining in his eyes. I nodded, giving him a small smile too.

“Yeah. Um, dad, I’m actually going to head down to the beach, alright?” He brushed the crumbs off his hands and motioned for me to follow him. He led me into the garage, and pointed to the far wall.

I looked at it closely, in shock. I couldn’t believe it. My surfboard. Well, an exact replica. Happy tears welled up in my eyes as I stared at the board.

“I can’t believe this, dad!” I squealed, throwing my arms around him. He hugged me back, laughing.

“I knew you’d be happy. Now go catch some waves honey. I might join you later,” he said. That’s when I saw the second board next to mine. I forgot how my dad and I went surfing together. After all, he was the one who taught me most of what I knew. I guess I really was daddy’s little girl.

♒♒
Well, that makes my list complete: aspirin, my surfboard, and the ocean. I had been out in the water for about two hours, and now I was resting on my towel.

“You were amazing out there. I’ve never seen anything like that,” a voice said. I jumped about ten feet in the air and turned around.

A somewhat short guy with brown hair mostly covered with a beanie was standing there smiling.

“Sorry, didn’t mean to startle you. I’m Vic,” he said, sticking his hand out. I shook it hesitantly.

“Emery.” I picked up my towel and wrapped it around my waist before turning to walk back towards my house.

“That’s it?” Vic asked, standing there looking confused.

“I don’t talk to strangers,” I said coldly. Then I turned and continued walking away without a second glance back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to my few subscribers already C:
Cookies are in the oven, u kno?
hehee
<3