You're My Only

Happy Ending

I was completely thrown aside for the moment. What was he doing there?

"Nate?"

"Just let me up Lea."

I nodded my head even though he couldn't see and pressed the buzzer for the lock. I stood next to it for the moment... Why would he come? Why wouldn't Avi come herself to apologize. It is really that much of a problem to come to me herself and not be a completely bitch? No, she has to send her brother to tell me that I'm an idiot that should have just gave in and gave Greg what he wanted. No... she was a complete bitch...

What did I ever see in either of them?

I was quickly brought out of my thoughts by a curt knock at the door. I knew who it was, but I was still confused. I walked over to the door and let him in only to be enveloped in a huge hug quickly afterwards.

"I'm so so sorry. I know that she's a bitch, and I wish that you didn't have to see that. And you deserve so much better than that dickhead. I'm so so so so sorry Lea."

I just stood there for a minute. What on earth was this... I'd met Nate a few years ago. He'd gone to a boarding school since he was in the 6th grade, and I'd never really went over to Avi's house except for homework stuff, and he was too much of a jock to stay at home for more than a few minutes at a time. If he wasn't playing a game of some sort then he was on his way to doing so. The first time that we'd managed to talk was during my eighth grade year. It wasn't about anything specifically, but I was worried about high school and he was just giving me some relief.

We'd gotten only slightly closer over the years but it was still nice to have a friend... I guess that it helped that he was basically gorgeous. I suppose that that may have been one of the reasons that I continued to be friends with Avi, was that I knew that if I let go of her then I'd likely never see her again.

I guess what surprised me the most was in the next moment because suddenly his lips were on my own and I was drowning in happiness...
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short and sweet...