Sequel: One Way or Another
Status: finished...check out the sequel >>>

Gerard, Me and Mikey

Chapter 30

Nicole’s POV

We sat down at the table for lunch, Mikey was next to me to my left and Gerard to my right. This couldn’t get anymore uncomfortable.
Oh, wait. Yes it can.

“So tell us Mike what do you do for a living?”

My dad couldn’t be serious.

“Dad! Please he’s 16 for crying out loud.”

“Yes, right. I meant what are you going to do when you grow up?”

“Well I’m really into all the art stuff, like my brother ya know. Comics, painting, photography…. Well you get the idea.”

“Umm, interesting.”

Yes dad, he is interesting. God let this be over please!

“And what about you….” he referred to Gerard who looked up from his plate.

“Gerard.”

“Right, Gerard. What do you do? I imagine you’re a little bit older than 16 aren’t you?”

“Yes sir, I’m 19 to be exact. Well I was planning on going to collage this year, but since I have to take care of Mikey I just couldn’t leave him alone you know, so I’ll just have to wait until he graduates. Maybe we might as well go together.”

“Oh, well you have a couple of more years to wait don’t you. What are you doing mean while?” my mom seemed to but her way into the conversation.

And the question she had just made caught my attention and curiosity as well. I didn’t have a clue as what he did. I mean he didn’t go to school obviously, he didn’t have a job, God he made his brother get one to paid his fine, and he always seemed to be around and free.

Gerard seem caught offgaurd with this question. His eyes grew with surprise, like he wasn’t waiting for them to ask so much about him, after all they were here cause of Mikey. He didn’t say anything for a while until he finally talked, more like stuttered out

“I..I’m practicing my skills on drawing and painting and I take care of my brother….so yeah that’s basically what I do”

My parents seem to be waiting for some other kind of answer. They simply murmured

“Oh”

And started eating their meals.
I looked at Gerard next to me, he seemed sad. Like he felt bad about ruining the conversation. He started eating again as well.
I put my hand on his left leg underneath the table, it took him by surprise. He flinched at first and I thought he was gonna push it off but he didn’t. Instead he looked up at me and I smiled at him, a warm and comforting smile.
It took him a while to notice my smile but as soon as he did he smiled back, faintly though.
He looked back at his plate, he had almost finished. Or maybe he was full cause he stood up, my hand falling off of his leg.

“May I be excused to go to the bathroom?” he asked politely, his sad tone still noticeable in his voice.

“Of course, go ahead. Do you know where it is?”

He moved his head, answering no.

“Oh, Nicole mind showing our guest where the bathroom is?”

“Yeah sure”

I got up and lead the way, looking at Mikey before leaving. He was eating, obviously fine with the fact the I was gonna be alone with his brother for a moment. They hadn’t fought or anything since they got here, I wonder what happened between them, maybe they decided to solve all their problems and actually act like real brothers. Anyway, I still couldn’t help but feel nervous being close to Gerard. He had that effect on me.

We were walking down the hall passing some bedrooms, the bathroom was the last room to the right. I could have just told him that but for some reason I didn’t. Instead I decided to walk with him, and show him where it was.
As we were one door from the bathroom something seemed to have caught his attention.

“Is that your room?” he asked curiously and when I turned around I saw he was motioning to a closed door with some band posters and some drawings I had made myself.

“Ahh…yeah”

“Can I see?….”

He was asking for permission to go in, and why not?

I nodded and he opened the door revealing a not to tidy room. There were some clothes folded neatly on the bed even though they didn’t belong there. The walls of my room were black and red, two and two. And the red ones were almost covered in posters while the black ones had some pictures of me and the few friends I had made in my life, also with some more drawings.
I had my desk with my laptop and some cds stacked neatly on a shelf above it.

“Wow….your room is awesome.” he said as he walked around contemplating all the things I saw on a daily basis.

“Thanks”

“And you’re a really great artist may I add. This is beautiful”

He traced his fingers across a drawing that was taped to my wall. I had made it a few months ago, before moving here. It was as if I was trying to draw a sunset but instead of the sun I drew a moon with a black background and some black little animals, all setting on a cemetery.
Yeah it was kind of dark, but I was a little depressed back then with the whole moving thing.

“You like that?”

“Of course I do! You really did it?”

“Uhh, yeah….depressed times ya know”

He turned around and looked at me with those beautiful hazel of eyes of his.

“Well I think those are the best times, the most emotional, for an artist anyway. And you’re an amazing artist. Ever though of going to an art collage?”

“Uhh, not really. I just draw as a hobby and I’m not that great anyways.”

“Don’t lie to yourself Nicole” he walked closer to me, the nerves that had disappeared when we walked into my room and he started wondering around, had now come back. Even worse, I was more than nervouse now.

“You’re amazing.”

I blushed and he inched even more closer caressing my cheek with his soft and warm hand.

“Gerard I don’ think we should be….”

He grabbed my face softly pulling it towards his and our lips met, this time sending sparks through all my body. The feeling was amazing, it was something I had never felt before. I shouldn’t have kissed back, but I did wrapping my arms around his neck. He wrapped his around my back pulling my body as close to his as possible. The soft and sweet kisses turned into rough and passionate ones.
I almost panicked thinking what if Mikey sees us? What if my parents see us? But thankfully I had closed the door to my room when we walked in. I hadn’t locked it, but still.

Gerard started moving his lips away from my lips, but not from my skin. He was kissing my neck and I was enjoying it.
Why did I enjoy this? Doing something I knew was wrong, especially since I had a boyfriend.

“Ahhh” I soft moan escaped my lips and I hated myself for it.

I couldn’t see his face, but I could feel a smile forming on his lips as he continued to kiss me there.

“Gee…I think we should go back to the…tt…table. They’ll be wondering what’s taking so long”

He knew I was right and stopped kissing me.
As soon as his eyes met mine a worried expression took over his face.

“I’m so sorry! I shouldn’t have done that, aghh, I’m such an idiot. I’m sorry Nicole, I really am.”

I was surprised he was actually apologizing, he hadn’t done that the other times. But it wasn’t all his fault. I was also to blame. I was such a terrible girlfriend. I didn’t deserve Mikey. He deserved someone better.

‘Someone like Hailey?’

I hated when that voice in my head started talking to me, it seemed to enjoy discussing with me. But it was right this time. I’m sure that if for some reason me and Mikey were to break up that slut would totally take advantage of it.
Me and Mikey couldn’t break up, partly cause of her, but mainly cause I love him. I know it doesn’t seem to show much if I’m always finding a way to make out with his brother. But I do, I love him so much.
But then there’s Gee….I don’t know much about him, but I’m starting to lately. And he’s such a great kisser….but such a bad brother.

I jumped back to reality.

“Shit! We have to go back, seriously. And think of a good story for taking so long”

He nodded and I started walking down the hall as he followed me.

“Wait” I turned around, I had an idea, to make it seemed less suspicious.

“I’ll go back first, and say I just stayed in my room reading some texts and then you come and say….”

“I got sick? That’s embarrassing.”

“Sorry, it’s that or say that you stayed making out with me in my room and your brother will hate us forever.”

“Umm, yeah, ok I guess that’s ok.”

“Ok, then I’ll go…wait like 3 minutes before coming”

“Ok”

I continued walking down the hall and got to the dinning room, but no one was there. Where the hell was everyone?

“Oh yeah! Look at him run!”

I heard my dad yell from the living room, where else. They were watching either a football match or a Discovery documental.

I walked into the living room and saw Mikey sitting next to my dad, my mom was probably in the kitchen doing the dishes. They noticed me quite quickly.

“Oh hey Nicole, what to you so long?” my dad asked me paying half attention to me, half to the TV.

Mikey turned towards me, a suspicious look on his face. I couldn’t blame him though.

“I was checking some texts I got from Kimmy”

She was my old friend from my old town. Weird that when you move everything seems old.

My dad didn’t ask anything else and I walked in front of them and took a sit next to Mikey.

“Hey babe, I thought you had been abducted or something, seriously I was gonna call the guys from the UFO hunters show”

“I bet you were” I laughed and kissed him right there.

Yes were my dad could see us. I hadn’t realized that until I pulled away and saw him looking at us.
He would have to get use to a ‘kid’ kissing her daughter.
Two ‘kids’ actually.
♠ ♠ ♠
I’m updating for the weekend cause I don’t think I’ll be able to update tomorrow. I wrote it all in Nicole’s POV haha. Please excuse any writing mistakes I wrote this in less than 30 min as it came to me.
About this story being reported, I already sent a note to the editors telling them I don’t see anything wrong with the title, but it’ll take a while for them to answer. But I still can update! So I’m happy. Make me happier >>> COMMENT! =D