Sequel: One Way or Another
Status: finished...check out the sequel >>>

Gerard, Me and Mikey

Chapter 47

Mikey’s POV

I rolled down the window of the car, relieved when the cold morning air hit my face.
We were on our way to the doctor, and it was quite early and I was still sleepy.

My brother had insisted on taking me to be checked. He said that my sudden changes weren’t just simple mood changes.
I had calmed down a bit from yesterday over night. Well, I had cried all night not getting to much rest. I was really starting to worry myself. I didn’t like the way I was acting, hurting the people I loved the most in my life.

“Ok, we’re here” my brother’s voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I got out of the car, following him kind of lost in the almost empty parking lot.
When we got inside the clinic, I spotted a waiting area and headed towards it. I was so tired, it was killing me to stand up for too long.

I patiently waited as Gerard went to the front desk and “checked” me in. He was soon next to me, impatiently tapping his feet to some unknown rhythm.
We sat in silence for the next 10 minutes, until I was finally called. Gerard was told he had to wait outside, since it was physiology and it’s suppose to be a private and personal consult.

“Well good morning Michael, how are you doing?” he asked looking at a sheet on his desk that must have had my name printed on it.

I sat down in a simple chair, not a lounging one I had expected.

“Not okay, I guess.”

He looked up from the sheet, meeting my eyes and sighting.

“Well, tell me what’s wrong. I was told you were brought here by your brother”

I hated sharing my personal life with someone I didn’t know. With someone who was gonna write it all down for others to see.

“Um…well I been acting different lately I guess you could say. I’ve done crazy things, like threaten my ex girlfriend…and lock my brother in a closet…and other stuff like that.”

“Oh, well I see. I think I might know what this could be, but just to be sure I’ll ask you some questions which you have to answer honestly. And based on those answers we might find what the problem is.”

I nodded, bracing myself for whatever questions he was gonna ask me.

“Ok, I’m gonna more like state things and you have to tell me if that happens way more than usual, a bit more, or as usual. OK?

I nodded again, as he started the “interview”.

“Do you feel more confident and capable?”

“Way more than usual”

“See things in a new and exciting light?”

“As usual”

“Do you find that your thoughts race?”

“Much more”

“Do you note that your senses are heightened and your emotions intensified?”

“Much more”

“Say quite outrageous things?”

“Yes, much more”

“Feel irritated?”

“Much more”

“Have much increased interest in sex?”

I looked down blushing. I really wasn’t expecting that.

“A bit”

“Sleep less and not feel tired?”

“No….I mean as usual.”

“Talk over people?”

“A bit”

“Feel angry?”

“Much more”

After asking me some other questions, which I answer no, or as he would say “as usual”
We were finally done asking and answering.
I waited a bit impatiently as he looked at the sheet where he had marked my answers, examining it carefully.

“Well…it seems I was right.” he looked up from the sheet.

“What? What is it?!”

“Well apparently you have bipolar disorder, thought I’m not sure if type I or II, even thought it seems you have more of manic attacks than depression. But I’m not sure you still answer as if depressed. Well why don’t you let me analyze the results some more and than maybe you could stop by in a few days.”

I nodded, getting up to exit the room.
When I got out Gerard’s head shot up as he heard the door being closed. He got up, walking quickly over to me.

“So, what did he say?”

*******************

“I should have seen it before…..my little brother’s bipolar, great.”

We were on our way back home, after stopping at a CVS to get some pills the doctor had subscribed me. I hated the idea of having to live on pills. But for now it was probably the best just to “calm me down” a bit. I also had to assist to therapy twice a week.

I sat in the silence the whole ride, feeling a bit calmer and forgetting about Nicole. Until I thought just that. Now I couldn’t seem to stop thinking about her, about how much I had hurt her. And I couldn’t help but feel awful about it, hating myself.

When we got home, I made my way up the stairs to my room and plopped down on the bed, eventually falling asleep.

******

Nicole’s POV

I had stayed in bed since yesterday’s event. I ate in it too last night, telling my mom I was just not feeling well.
I would not go to school this week, since that’s what the doctor recommended. My mom and dad came into my room to kiss me goodbye before heading off to work. Reminding me that Gerard should we here anytime now.

I smiled widely when they left.
Seeing Gerard was what I needed. I needed someone to talk to, someone who actually cares about me.

“Knock, knock” he stood in my doorway, one arm behind his back.

He walked to me, giving me a passionate kiss. I scooted over, leaving him a spot which he occupied quickly.

“Whacha got there?” I asked curious about his arm that was still behind him.

“Oh, nothing…..just something beautiful for a beautiful young lady”

I giggled at his words.
He than handed me some red and black roses tied to a teddy bear.

“Awww…..this is so cute”

I sniffed the amazing smelling flowers and placed the teddy on the other side next to me, covering him with the sheets.

“You’re cuter” he leaned in to me, kissing me deeply, while playing with some strands of my hair.

I pulled away minutes later, breathless.
He looked down a bit sad.

“What wrong?”

“Oh well, I wanted to go a little bit farther than that ya know” he winked at me.

I giggled and than he added.

“And I have something kind of important to tell you about Mikey…”

“Ugh, don’t even mention him”

“No, listen. Really it’s important. I took him to the doctor today cause of the way he has been acting lately and it turns out he….has bipolar disorder.”

“What?”

“Yeah, he’s bipolar. The doctor gave him some pills and he’s gonna start going to therapy twice a week…..so he should be getting better soon”

I couldn’t believe it. Mikey was bipolar.
All this time I had thought it was just his way of being. Well, when we were dating at least, cause after that he just got out of control. He really scared me when he threatened me.

“That’s awful”

I started to feel something. I started to feel bad for him.
I just couldn’t help myself, remembering all the good times we had when we were together. And I guess after we broke up, well…all the things he did and said it just wasn’t him. If we had known about this before, maybe I would have given him another chance….

*********************************

~Next Week~

Mikey’s POV

I walked down the hall, finally relived the day was over. But I still had to go to that stupid therapy. Ugh…

“Mikey, wait up!”

I turned around and saw Nicole running towards me. Her brunette hair hanging loose, she was wearing a Green Day t-shirt. That reminded me of the time we went to their concert, when we had just met.

“Uh…I know. I’m sorry, I have been such an ass to you lately….” she started apologizing and I had no idea for what.

“Why are you apologizing?”

“Cause I know you have bipolar disorder” she whispered the last part.

“And??”

“Well, I know people who have that don’t always mean what they say or do….so yeah I understand that.”

“Um…ok.” I walked a few feet more till I got to my locker, and started grabbing the books I needed for my homework.

“Mikey….”

I turned around and saw her staring at me with her deep blue eyes. She wrapped me in a hug.

“I still love you Mikey” she whispered in my ear, which sent chills down my spine.

But in a good way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, for all of the people who are as confuse as I am with Nicole's actions, comment!
I'm thinking of maybe finishing this story and writing a sequel. What do you think?
Well if you guys have any idea for this let me know,Oh and another thing I was maybe thinking you guys could vote, who she stay with?? Mikey or Gerard?? It would be great if you voted as soon as you can cause Nicole has to make her decision in the next chapters. =)