Older Then Time, Loving Forever

A New Enemy

“The lights are on,” Edward spoke, “Oh yea… I just noticed,” you looked at the floor lighting, “Who are they trying to fool? This is it alright,” Edward smirked.

* * *


You and Edward found a large room with a transmutation on the floor with a few blood smears here and there; you coughed and wanted to throw up but stopped yourself, “Rea?” Edward looked at you, “I’m fine,” you stood up properly, “What is all this? I bet this is what they used to transmute a philosophers stone,” Edward smirked, “Yes, that’s right. I don’t know who you are kid, but you sure just figured out a lot just from looking at a transmutation circle,” a man in armor walked out, “I’m just good like that, who are you pal?” Edward asked, “The one in charge of guarding this place from curious brats. For the moment lets just say my name is number 48. And believe me I’m not your pal; my orders are to dispose of anyone who walks in here, poking his nose in where it doesn’t belong. Try not to take it personally boy,” 48 spoke, you glared at him.

“Alright we wont,” Edward clapped his hands and created the blade on his arm, “And you try not to take it personally when this boy kicks your ass,” Edward smirked, “Hmm, you’re an alchemist are you?” 48 asked, seconds later he was in front of Edward, “Alright then, lets see what you’ve got,” 48 swung his blade in the air, you jumped backwards as Edward dodged, “Rea, stay out of this fight!” Edward called, “But Edward!” you snapped, “No! I don’t want you getting hurt!” Edward snapped, you growled, “I can’t get hurt moron…” you glared, as Edward was being brash.

“Automail arm huh? No matter, my blade can cut through steel and flesh,” 48 spoke as they both started to fight, Edward kicked 48 back and you both heard the sound, “My, my, what’s this? I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say your hollow inside,” Edward smirked, “You’re a perceptive one,” 48 stood up, “I can tell from the sound, I spar against someone like you all the time.” Edward explained, “So there are people like me on the outside too are there, that’s surprising,” 48 spoke, “Yea, it makes me sick, to think there was more then one idiot in the word who came up with the brilliant idea of bounding a disembodied soul to a suit of armor,” Edward smirked.

“Perhaps I should introduce myself again, 48 was the number I was assigned when I was on death row, back when I still had a living body I was better known as Slicer, I was a mass murderer you see,” Slicer explained, “So you were slated for execution, tell me something then, this laboratory, are they using condemned prisoners like you to make philosophers stones here?” Edward asked, “that I can’t tell you, it isn’t my area. They simply recognized my skills gave me this body and made me their trusty guard dog,” Slicer explained, “Interesting, I’m sure they gave you a seal, to serve as a medium between soul and armor?” Edward asked, “yes,” Slicer took his cloth off from his helmet and lifted the cover, “I have a blood seal, and this is it right here. If you destroy this, the fights yours,” 48 explained, “that’s awfully considerate of you to show me your weak spot,” Edward looked suspicious, “I like to give myself a little extra challenge during a fight now and then,” Slicer explained, “If your in such a giving mood then how about this, why not just let me go?” Edward smirked, “Nice try kid,” Slicer put his helmet back on, “But what kind of mass murderer lets his prey get away so easily, now, lets fight,” Slicer lifted his blade.

Edward got cut a few times during the fight but as you went to run in Edward would always call you to stay back.

“What a cute little monkey,” Slicer smirked as Edward jumped back away from him, “Who you calling little!” Edward yelled, you ran besides Edward and went to take a look at his shoulder, “You should let me help,” you whispered, “It’s been too long since I’ve had prey that was worth hunting, but with you tired and wounded now, you won’t last much longer, then I’ll kill off your girlfriend behind you,” Slicer spoke, “she’s not my girlfriend,” Edward spoke, “Hm, Right about now my companion should be finishing off the partner you left outside,” Slicer spoke ignoring Edward, “Alphonse…” you muttered, “Is this companion of your strong?” Edward asked, “Yes, he is. He isn’t as strong as I am though,” Slicer smirked, Edward laughed and stood up pushing you back in the process, “in that case, no need to worry. You see, we’ve been sparring partners a long time, and I’ve still never beaten him,” Edward smirked.

“Your brother is that good is he? Then I’ll have to hurry up and defeat you and your girlfriend, so I can get around to taking care of him,” Slicer spoke.

“Go Al, do it now!” Edward yelled, Slicer quickly turned around; Edward ran at Slicer and chopped his head off.

“That was dirty!” Slicer yelled, “There’s no such thing as dirty in a fight!” Edward snapped, as he landed he put his blade away and walked over to Slicers helmet as you stood in front of the suit of armor on the floor, “what’s the matter, you still haven’t destroyed the blood seal I so kindly pointed out, you going to or not?” Slicer spoke, Edward picked up his helmet, “there’s something I need to ask you about,” Edward spoke, “The philosophers stone?” Slicer spoke, “Yes, tell me everything you know about it,” Edward demanded, “Sorry can’t,” Slicer put it bluntly, you glared a little, “Hey now, I did beat you at your own game,” Edward sounded smug, “That’s where your wrong I’m not beaten yet,” Slicer spoke.

Edward turned around “REA!” Edward called as you spun around and you saw the armor stand up and the blade in the armors hand cut right up your body. You fell on your knees and fell on the floor in pain as Edward started to fight the suit, “Impossible!” Edward spoke, you cough on the floor, “I forgot to mention about this mass murderer Slicer,” Slicer spoke, “His crimes we’re really done by a pair of brothers,” the suit spoke, “an independent head and body, that’s a dirty trick!” Edward snapped as you lay on your back as your vision went blurry.

Where are my healing powers?

“Now, now, we’re you the one who said there’s no such thing as dirty in a fight?” the helmet brother spoke, “Are you ready? Round 2’s about to begin, and I suggest you make it quick because your girlfriend over there doesn’t look too good, even though I think she’s already dead,” the armored brother spoke, “I wont let her die!” Edward went to clap his hands, “I’m don’t think so I’m not giving you time to transmute!” the armored brother ran at Edward, “Edward…” you looked over at him as he started dodging attacks.

You felt your healing powers start to work and your body was rapidly recovering, you sighed as the wound vanished, “At least I didn’t die… I would have been out for days…” you sat up and went to help Edward as he was pushed against the wall, “EDWARD!” you screamed, then he mad the suit of armor blow in two, you stopped, “A… partial transmutation,” you spoke, you then ran over to him and knelt down.

“You reminded me of someone I don’t like,” Edward spoke, “and now I’ve done exactly what he did,” Edward snapped, “How could you! You brat!” the armored brother yelled and trashed about on the floor, Edward jumped out of his skin, “He’s wriggling! That’s freaky!” Edward was in shock.

“Brother…” the armor brother called, “As much as I hate to admit it, we’ve lost,” the helmet brother sighed, “Your not going to tell me your really 3 brothers are you?” Edward poked the legs of the armor, “No, no,” the brothers spoke, “Come on boy, you’ve won, hurry up and destroy us,” the helmet brother spoke, “With bodies like these are we really even people?” the helmet brother spoke, “Your both people alright, whether you have bodies or not, saying that your not would say that someone I care about isn’t a person as well,” you stood up, “We wont take the life of a human being,” you walked over to the helmet brother.

The helmet brother laughed, “brother?” the armor brother laughed, “My brother and I have been lying, cheating and stealing together for as long as we can remember, and now that we are in these suede bodies we are finally being treated like humans for the first time, don’t you see the irony,” the helmet brother explained, “For that girl, we’ll give you a parting gift, we’ll tell you who made the philosopher stone and who ordered us to guard this place,” the helmet brother spoke, you smiled but seconds later the helmet had small black daggers through it.

You were all shocked as you stood up, “My that was a close call, number 48 you should know better then to talk about things that don’t concern you,” you watched the daggers return to a woman in a black dress, the daggers turned out to be her fingers. Another person appeared from behind, “Well, well, what are the Fullmetal Pipsqueak doing here, as well as the Morden… hmm…” A man walked out with a palm tree looking hairstyle as you glared, “Such a troublesome boy, how did you find out about this place?” the woman asked, “who are you?” you snapped, “hmm, what should we do about Morden?” the woman spoke, “I want to see if she’s really immortal,” the man smirked, “Who told you about-?” you stopped talking as the woman had put her dagger fingers through your heart, you coughed out some blood.

“REAKA!” Edward yelled, “In the head as well, for real damage,” The man smirked.

Edward watched the second dagger go through your head, he didn’t know what to do, he didn’t know if you would actually live from that, he watched your body fall to the floor. “Rea...” Edward muttered, the woman broke the helmet, “Brother? Brother? Brother!” the suit yelled as the man came over and started stabbing the blood seal with the brothers’ sword, “Stop your pathetic blubbering you idiot! You we’re trying to kill one of our most important sacrifices, do you understand me? You could have messed up the entire plan, what would we of do then? Huh!” the man yelled.

Edward pushed himself up, “Tell me who you people are? What plan are you talking about? What do you mean, when you say important sacrifice?” Edward asked many questions, “Oh the pipsqueak is raring to go, I think I made it angry,” the man smirked in Edward’s face, “Don’t call me pipsqueak again,” Edward warned, “Then what would you prefer, a pipsqueak?” the man smirked more, Edward kicked the air, “Whoa now, there’s no need to fight here someone might get hurt you know,” the man walked backwards away from Edward.

“This is a fight that you both started when you killed Rea! So come on!” Edward glared and clapped his hands, but his arm collapsed. “Technical difficulties,” the woman spoke as Edward yelled out, “Lucky me!” the man walked over and his hand on Edwards head then kneed him in the stomach, “Your fortunate your arms broken, if not for that you wouldn’t be getting off so easily,” the man dropped Edward on the floor, “Listen to me well boy, don’t ever forget this, always remember we allowed you to live… we can’t have him poking around this place again its too dangerous, it will have to go, blow it up.” The woman spoke.

* * *


“You know Al, there’s something I’ve been wanting to tell you for a while, but I guess I’ve been to afraid to say it,” What was Ed about to tell me? He said he’d been too afraid to say it, what could have frightened him that much?

“Are you sure you’re not a puppet created by your brother? We’re you even a real person to begin with?” Barry the Chopper spoke, “what’s the matter little boy? You got something on your mind?” he smirked and ran at Alphonse, “Shut up! Your wrong!” Alphonse yelled and blocked his attack, “Just accept it, you’ll feel better,” Barry smirked.

“You’re mine now little puppet!” Barry yelled from above, as a gun was fired and the blade was shot out of his hand, “What?” Barry questioned, Alphonse looked over and saw Maria and Danny, “Stay right there! Or the next one puts a hole in your head!” Maria yelled, “This isn’t going quite as I planned,” Barry spoke.

Next thing the whole place started to shake, as the building started to explode, “What are you doing? Get away from there!” Maria yelled, “But my brother is still inside the building with Rea!” Alphonse called, “Ed and Rea are in there?!” Maria was shocked, “Hmmm I know what this means, time to get out of here!” Barry ran off “Hey you! Hold it!” Danny ran after Barry, “Brother! Rea!” Alphonse called, “Take cover Al or you’re going to get caught in it too!” Maria pulled on Alphonse’s arm, “Ed! Rea!” Alphonse yelled.

The wall blasted down and a man walked out with Edward and yourself with him, he was carrying you both, “There you are! I brought a little present for you!” the man smirked and put Edward and yourself down, “Brother, Rea,” Alphonse spoke, “His life’s not in danger but he has lost a lot of blood, so you might want to get him to a hospital as soon as you can, also you really should keep a better eye on them, stop them from taking these crazy risks, they are precious resources,” the man smiled, “But who are you?” Maria asked, “Lieutenant Ross we need to go!” Danny yelled, “Sergeant help me with them,” Maria spoke, “What happened to them?” Danny asked, “We’ll talk later, and you should go too!” Maria looked back but the man wasn’t there.

The whole building collapsed as Alphonse, Maria and Danny ran away from it carrying you guys.