Older Then Time, Loving Forever

Created Feelings

* * * Edward's POV * * *


I was sitting in the hospital with a not so pleased look on my face, “Looks like you can sit up now huh?” Maria spoke, “What happened with the fifth laboratory?” I asked, “Well it… um… somebody blew up the building and now there’s nothing left of it now but rubble,” Maria explained, “Dammit! You mean they wiped out everything!” I yelled then cringed and held my stomach, “that didn’t feel good… this isn’t fair… do you know how close I was to finding out the truth? This is no time for me to be laying around in a hospital,” I complained.

“Fullmetal Alchemist sir! We do apologize in advance for this!” Maria and Danny yelled together as Maria slapped me across the face! WHAT THE HELL! “You acted like a selfish child! You only escaped with your life because you were lucky! You don’t have to do everything all on your own you know, you can lean on other people… like us… not all adults are the enemy, you can trust us,” Maria explained. I realised there point.

“That’s all! Please forgive our abusive words and conduct sir! It will not happen again!” Maria and Danny yelled again, “No, your right… I should be apologizing,” I sighed, “My punishment, for slapping you?” Maria asked, “Nothing, I had it coming,” I quickly said.

Maria and Danny sighed with relief, “What’s got you two so scared of me?” I asked, “State certified alchemists carry a military rank equivalent to that of a major,” Maria smiled, “Don’t worry about it, I didn’t get my certification so people would kiss up to me, you don’t have to talk to me like I’m a high ranking officer,” I explained, “really oh?” Maria smiled, “Ahh, I guess we were scared of the brat for nothing,” Danny smiled.

They adjust quickly! I glared at Danny and Maria.

“Where’s Al? I haven’t seen him… and…” I had an image of what happened to Reaka come into my head, “Rea! Where’s Rea!” I asked quickly, “Reaka’s fine Edward, she’s just sleeping at the moment, she’s been sleeping since she got here,” Danny looked confused, “Wait… you mean she didn’t have any injuries?” I asked, “Non at all… and Alphonse got his lecture earlier, but I was the one who did the slapping,” Danny shown his throbbing hand, I laughed then cringed in pain, “I just remembered I’ve got another less pleasant lecture in store for me today,” I spoke.

Danny and Maria left me to make the phone call to my mechanic Winry.

* * * Maria's POV * * *


Danny and myself walked to Reaka's room to still find she was asleep; “She’s been out for a few days now… I wonder when she’ll wake up…” Danny looked concerned, “She will… Reaka might have took a hard blow to the head or something…” I was worried. We both heard her stir a little as we rushed over to the bed, “Rea?” I asked, no reply from Reaka, “Rea?” Danny spoke, still no reply.

* * * Edward's POV * * *


I walked past an open door and saw Maria and Danny looking over someone, “Guys what are you-?” I stopped, realising they were looking over Reaka, “Rea!” I quickly walked to her bedside. “Rea… has the doctors said anything about her?” I asked, “No, they just said she was in some sort of coma…” Maria explained, I looked over her almost lifeless body. I took Reaka's hand and squeezed it a little, I felt her squeeze back, “Rea…” Edward spoke. Reaka pulled her hand away from mine and turned on her side with her back to me, “She’s sleeping… she’s not in a coma…” I smiled calmly.

“Shouldn’t you try to wake her at least if she’s sleeping?” Maria asked, I walked around the bed and put my hand on Reaka's shoulder and shook her gently.

“Rea?” I spoke, no reply, just a small stir.

“Rea…” I shook Reaka a little more.

“Rea!” I yelled, and got punched in the face by Reaka as she shot up from bed, “Oh my god! Edward! I’m so sorry! It’s just reactions when people wake me!” Reaka jumped out of bed and knelt down in front of me, as I was holding my nose! “Let me see,” Reaka said, “No…” I snapped, “Edward… let me see if I’ve hurt you…” Reaka snapped, pushing my hand out of the way, “Maria… we’ll need a few tissues… I’ve made Edward’s nose bleed…” Reaka smiled up at them guiltily.

Damn right she should be guilty!

* * * Reaka's POV * * *


After getting Edward sorted you went back to his room with Danny and Maria. “Rea.” Maria stood in front of you; you blinked twice in confusion then a sharp sting hit your right cheek as your head turned left. “How could you of all people agree to what Edward and Alphonse did the other night… it was selfish and reckless, you of all people… I know what your life is like… but… every now and again you can lean on someone else…” Maria explained, you looked down, “Sorry about that Rea… its just we were worried about you and-” “as an adult it is your job to protect me… thanks… and I’m sorry… I just want to help Edward and Alphonse as much as I can… I’d do anything for them…” you bowed your head.

You sat in Edward’s room and took care of him until Winry arrived, “What happened?!” Winry asked, “Well, that didn’t take long, your gonna charge me an express service fee now aren’t you?” Edward looked nervous, “No, I wont charge you for this I didn’t do a good enough job on your automail the last time, and now your badly injured,” Winry bowed her head down, you all looked at Edward as he panicked looking around, “It’s not your fault you can’t blame yourself for this, I broke it because I was being reckless. Your repairs were as flawless as ever, this was all my fault…” Edward explained in a state of panic.

“Besides if my arm hadn’t broken when it did I would of kept fighting and then I would have been hurt even worse! So don’t worry about it ok!” Edward explained, “Well then, lets go ahead and get right down to business shall we, I’ll have to charge you the usual rush order fee of course,” Winry smiled and ran over like she just won something.

“You didn’t drink your milk,” Winry quickly noted, “Why should I? I hate it,” Edward snapped, “Your going to be small and stubby forever if you keep using that stupid excuse,” Winry yelled, “Shut up! I don’t have to drink it if I don’t wanna!” Edward yelled back. “You sound like a spoiled little brat Edward Elric,” Armstrong ripped off his shirt and pulsed his abs as you stood in the background feeling tired and bored, “Every going boy needs his milk,” Maria spoke, “You want the girls to like you don’t you?” Danny asked. You all stopped as you heard the door close, “Was that Al?” Edward asked.

You went out that afternoon to get some fresh air as Winry fixed Edwards arm up. You were thinking about how Alphonse hadn’t been acting like his normal self lately, you were getting worried about him.

You walked back through the hospital and saw Alphonse sitting down a corridor, “Alphonse… are you ok?” you asked, Alphonse looked up and over at your innocent face.

Could Rea be hiding the secret too? Alphonse though.

“I’m fine, maybe you should go see Edward, I’ll be up in a bit,” Alphonse sounded upset, “Oh… ok, you know if anything is up you can always talk to me,” you smiled sweetly, “Yea…” Alphonse sighed, “See you later,” you waved and walked onwards.

Alphonse has got something big on his mind, you thought and sighed.

When you got to Edwards room you saw Hughes dragging Winry away laughing manically.

You looked at Edward and pointed forward, “Winry fixed my arm and Hughes kidnapped her,” Edward plainly stated, “Oh…” you sighed. “How’s the arm?” you smiled, “Great!” Edward smiled.

* * *


The next day you were sitting by the window as Edwards food was brought in, “So we meet again you little bastard, I’m not going to drink you,” Edward snapped, you smirked knowing that he was talking to the milk, “Brother, you have a living body that needs nourishment, you have to drink it,” Alphonse spoke, “Plus you want to grow a few inches right?” you smirked, “I don’t have to if I don’t want to, it may not look like it but I have grown some. But everyone still calls me a pipsqueak. I wish I was like you Al, you’ve got such a big body now,” Edward spoke, “It’s not like I asked for this body brother!” Alphonse yelled standing up in the process knocking the chair over.

You, Edward and Winry who just walked in were in shock.

“Sorry, your right, its my fault that it happened, but I’ll make it right, I’ll get you back into your real body Al, you’ll see-” “That’s what you always say, but you don’t know that for sure!” Alphonse yelled, “Look I promised I’m going to get you back, believe me Al I’ll do it,” Edward looked at Alphonse, “Believe you? How am I supposed to believe anything when I’m stuck in this body? What should I believe in my memories? Memories are just scraps of information that can be made up as easily as anything else!” Alphonse yelled. “Al? What are you talking about?” Edward was scared, “Do you remember when you said there was something you were afraid to tell me? I think I might know what it was. Maybe you wanted to say that my soul and memories are really artificial constructions that you created… you, Winry, and Granny… you’ve been lying to me all along haven’t you? What do you have to say for yourself brother?” Alphonse yelled, Edward smashed his fists on the table.

You stood up, “Is that what you really think? Have you believe that all this time? So you’ve finished, or is there more you wanted to say?” Edward asked, “Ok…” Edward moved his table and walked out of the room, “Don’t go… Ed!” Winry called.

You glared at Alphonse, Winry stood next to you as you both faced Alphonse. “Al… you moron!” you yelled, Winry whacked him on the head. “Where did that come from?!” Alphonse yelled, Winry had tears at the corner of her eyes, “Winry?” Alphonse spoke, “You idiot!” Winry hit Alphonse on the head again, “You have no idea how Ed feels! Do you know what he was so afraid to talk to you about? He wants to know if you blame him for what happened to your body Al?” Winry yelled.

Winry fell on her knees and started beating Alphonse with her wrench slowly, “And then, you idiot… you said that… who would ever do something like that… who would risk his own life to create a fake brother? Don’t you get it, all the two of you have left… is each other… now… Go get your brother!” Winry pointed at the door as Alphonse stood up, “Start running!” Winry spoke, “Right!” Alphonse ran down the corridor as you put your hand on Winry’s shoulder.

You smiled at her, “Come on,” Winry nodded and followed you to the roof with Hughes.

You smiled as you watched the brothers fight and make friends again. “Mr. Hughes, maybe you don’t have to hear something out loud, but it sure is helpful sometimes,” Winry spoke, “I guess it is,” Hughes smiled. You smirked at Edward as he was limping over to you three after the fight he had with Al.