Older Then Time, Loving Forever

Separate Destinations

“Well… the last thing I remember was this guy kicking me,” Edward spoke, you touched the middle of your forehead, “I don’t remember that, I just remember the needle going through my head… then again I only remember it coming towards me…” you spoke, Edward looked at you full of worry, “I’m fine now though so don’t look so worried,” you smirked, “I wasn’t,” Edward snapped.

“It’s odd that they let you both live. What about the sacrifice and these other armored souls?” Armstrong asked, “Not to mention the Uroboros tattoos, and the transmutation circle. Dr. Marcoh claims that they we’re using the philosophers stones in Ishbal,” Hughes explained, “Every clue we have to work with seems to lead to its own mystery,” Armstrong spoke, “Not much we can do about that though, any answers we may have found are under a tone of rubble back at the lab,” Hughes spoke as a disappointing aura flew on the scene.

“I’ll run some searched on anybody with a Urborous tattoo,” Hughes spoke, “And while you do that, I’ll continue looking into the research team that was working with Dr. Marcoh in Ishbal,” Armstrong spoke.

The door was knocked and it opened, “Sorry to interrupt,” you all looked up at Furher Bradley in shock. “Furher Bradley, your Excellency!” Armstrong spoke in shock as everyone except you and Alphonse saluted him. “Calm down gentlemen and beautiful young lady, this is just an informal visit,” Bradley walked towards Edward, “Yes, sir, but may I please ask the occasion sir?” Hughes asked, “This young man, are you injured? I thought a nice melon could cheer you up,” Bradley held up a basket, “Er… I guess… Er, Thank you sir!” Edward quickly yelled.

“I understand you’ve been checking up on some of the senior staff, is that true Major Armstrong?” Bradley asked, “Um, yes sir, but how did you know I was er?” Armstrong asked, “You should know that nothing gets past me major,” Bradley spoke, “Now you, our revered Fullmetal Alchemist, tell me what you know about the Philosophers stone, and I hope for your sake you don’t know too much?” Bradley asked.

A minute later he laughed, “I’m only kidding, there’s no reason for you to be so uptight, I know that there’s been some suspicious activity within the military lately and I believe its necessary for something to be done about it,” Bradley picked up some papers, “Oh, that’s er…” Armstrong spoke, “A list of the research team assigned to study the philosophers stone. Every person in this document has been reported missing, they all vanished several days before the 5th laboratory collapsed, it seems the enemy is always one step ahead of us even with my vast network of informants, I have no way to determine how far our ranks have been infiltrated. The most we know about them, is that they know a lot about us,” Bradley explained, “In that case, this is proving much more dangerous then we imagined,” Hughes explained.

“Major Armstrong, Lieutenant Cornel Hughes, Elric brothers and Reaka, you’ve all proven yourself to be men and women of a trustworthy character, from this point forward I’m giving you the direct order to forget this matter and all that it concerns. At this time, suspicion is a strongest line of offence and the strongest form of defense is digression. Do not trust anyone, keep this to yourself at all costs however, when I feel the time is right to confront the enemy I expect you be prepared in me to join the effort,” Bradley explained, “Sir!” Hughes and Armstrong saluted.

“Where is he? Has Furher Bradley been through here?” A man called, “Gotta go! Damn bodyguard is my shadow,” Bradley walked to the window and opened it, “You see I’ve snuck away to get a few minutes of privacy, well, farewell for now,” Bradley jumped out the window and walked away as you all watched him walk away in disbelief.

“Hey Ed! What the… what’s going on? Did I miss something?” Winry walked in, “Not really, just a tornado passing by,” Edward spoke.

“Well I don’t think that there’s anything I can do about that, but I did go and buy the train tickets you asked for,” Winry closed the door and walked over, “Thanks, just in time,” Edward thanked Winry, “You sure are a man on the move aren’t you? Your wounds haven’t even healed completely,” Armstrong spoke in concern, “Yea, well two days of sick people and hospital food is enough for me thanks,” Edward glared, “And where are you heading off to this time. What’s in Dublith?” Hughes asked. “Well, with the way things have gone lately, Al and I decided we should go back and visit our old teacher,” Edward put his hand on Alphonse’s arm as he started to shake, “I think I’m too scared brother, there’s no way she’s not gonna kill us,” Alphonse and Edward held hands in fright as you looked at them confused, “Look, don’t you chicken out on me now I’m scared too ok,” Edward spoke. “What exactly does this person teach?” Winry asked.

“It appears you have a rather lengthy journey ahead of you,” Armstrong looked at the map, “How far is Dublith?” Winry asked, “Well lets see, all the way down here,” Alphonse pointed on the map. Then Winry noticed something then screamed, “What’s up Winry?” you asked in confusion, “That, right there, right before Dublith! The holy land of automail engineering. It’s Rush Valley!” Winry cheered. “We have to go! We have to go! We have to go! You have to take me!” Winry smiled with stars in her eyes, “Yea whatever, I don’t have to take you anywhere,” Edward glared, “Well someone has to pay for my travel fairs!” Winry glared back, “Well why does it have to be me!” Edward snapped, “Come on brother, what’s the big deal its on our way,” Alphonse stood between Winry and Edward.

Edward looked away and glared at the wall, “Only if you want to Al,” Edward spoke, “Yay!” Winry spun around and ran to the door, “I’ve got to call and tell Grandma,” Winry smiled and ran out. You smiled and looked at Edward, “That was nice of you,” you smiled, “Nice of me to do what?” Edward snapped, “To pay for Winry to go to Rush Valley, it will probably help her to learn more about automail and maybe make yours a lot better,” you smiled, “Huh… never thought of it like that,” Edward folded his arms, “Well, I’m gonna get a change of clothes and meet you after, byeeeeeeee!” you ran out the door.

Edward smiled to himself; “She’ll make you a fine wife someday,” Hughes put his hand on Edward’s shoulder, “Don’t start that again!” Edward snapped, “I would only like to talk about my wife anyway, plus I was on about Reaka this time, she’s a lovely girl,” Hughes laughed, “Oh… erm… still shut up about that stuff!” Edward snapped again with a red face, “Ooooh, is seems Edward has a crush on a special girl!” Hughes teased, “I don’t fancy Rea!” Edward snapped, “Why does your face say different then?” Hughes smirked; Edward stopped and folded his arms. “I’ve told him to talk to Rea but he just won’t” Alphonse spoke, “Hey!” Edward snapped, “Well he can be a little stubborn sometimes,” Hughes spoke to Alphonse, “A little?” Alphonse replied, “Hey! Don’t call your older brother little!” Edward was yelling in the background but no one was listening to him.

* * *

You managed to get some new white combat trousers, and a black tank top with some black trainers. “Nice clothes Rea,” Alphonse smiled, “Thank you, they were a present from Edward,” you smirked, “what do you mean a present from me?” Edward snapped, “I mean the money you let me have that while ago, I didn’t spend it till now,” you smirked, “Hey… wait a minute I don’t remember ever giving you some money!” Edward snapped, you whistled to yourself as Edward glared at you, “Oh come on Edward, I will pay you back, you know I’m good for it,” you smiled, “Yea, yea… I swear you women are going to make me bankrupt,” Edward muttered as you and Winry laughed.

You waved to Armstrong, Danny, Maria, Gracia and Elicia as the train moved off. “So why is it suddenly so important that you guys see your teacher?” Winry asked, “There are a couple of reasons. For starters I’m a little tired of getting ass kicked,” Edward spoke, “Wait, is this some kind of combat teacher? Why don’t you just quit fighting?” Winry was concerned, “It’s not that simple Winry, what we’re looking for isn’t really the most easiest thing in the world and its getting us in all sorts of danger,” you explained with a smile, “It’s not only our fighting but our core needs work too, right Al?” Edward spoke, “Exactly, we feel like seeing our teacher will help us grow and make up stronger on the inside,” Alphonse explained, “Yea, and we’re going to need as much strength as we can get,” Edward looked out the window.

“Well, what’s reason two?” Winry asked, “To see what she can tell us about the philosophers stone,” Edward continued to look out the window, “And to ask her about the truth within the truth, we haven’t gotten any closer to figuring it out. There’s a chance our teacher knows something about it,” Alphonse explained, “Let’s hope she at least gives us a chance to ask her, you should be more worried explaining your appearance to her Al… considering… considering… she’s going to kill us when she find out what happened,” Edward started to get worried, “It would have been to at least had a girlfriend before I died,” Alphonse spoke, “Maybe you two should get a new teacher?” Winry suggested.

Later on you all started to eat the food that Mrs. Hughes left for you all, “Oh man, this is hand down the best apple pie ever!” Edward smiled, “I know its gorgeous!” you taken a big bite out of your slice, “Very lady like Rea…” Edward glared, “Well… Excuse… me for… being hungry…” you munched, Edward had a small smile on his face as he saw you swallow and smile, “What?” you asked, “You’ve got crumbs around your mouth,” Edward spoke “Oh! Erm…” you blushed and wiped your face with the tissue, “All gone?” you asked, “No,” Edward spoke, you wiped again, “Now?” you asked, “No…” Edward looked blankly at you, “Where then?” you snapped, Edward sighed and grabbed your tissue from you and wiped your cheek, your face went red.

“Mrs. Hughes is really an excellent cook,” Winry smiled, “To put it mildly, not to mention that keesh she made for us is also pretty delicious,” Edward spoke, your face was still red as you sunk in the chair and hid your face from the others. “Yea, I actually wrote the keesh down on my list of things I’m going to eat when I get a mouth again,” Alphonse smiled, “well she gave me the recipe so when your back to normal Al, I’ll make it for you,” Winry smiled, “Awesome thanks!” Alphonse cheered.

“I had such a good time staying with them, they are both really great people,” Winry smiled, “Yea but Hughes is obnoxious he doesn’t know when to shut up and he spoils his daughter rotten,” Edward eaten his piece of pie, “He did come by your room at the hospital a lot,” you spoke up and smiled, “Every damn day, he always made it a point to come and keep me company, it didn’t matter when, he’d even blow off work,” Edward smiled looking out the window as you crossed your legs with a smile.

What you didn’t know is that Hughes was promoted to Brigadier General and was buried.