Older Then Time, Loving Forever

Beasts of Dublith

You three and Sig were at the train station as you were saying bye, “Feel free to drop by if your ever in town,” Sig spoke, “I’m not so sure about that,” Alphonse looked down, “You idiots! Your so busy pouting you can’t see what your expulsion means, you aren’t her students any more so now your free to speak to Izumi as equals, unless of course your too chicken to try…” Sig folded his arms, “Damn! Al, we haven’t done what we came here to do in the first place. Thank you, we’re heading back there right now,” Edward ran back with Alphonse following, you sighed and followed on behind them, “Don’t let her kill you!” Sig called.

“Teacher!” Edward spoke when he opened the door but suddenly screamed as you saw a knife in the wall above his head, “What the hell are you doing coming back here? And you called me teacher I do not teach scum like you, get out of my home!” Izumi yelled.

Edward and Alphonse kneeled on the ground, “Teacher!” Edward spoke, “We came to you because we’re trying to find a way to get our bodies back,” Alphonse explained, “and we won’t leave without your help,” Edward added, “Get out now!” Izumi snapped, “We’re staying!” Edward and Alphonse yelled. There was a moment of silence as Izumi’s expression softened, “You idiots…” Izumi looked away.

You all sat down in the other room and talked, “Al, you didn’t see the ‘truth’ did you?” Izumi asked, “No, I don’t really even know what that means,” Alphonse replied, “You must have lost your memory from the shock. We need to get Al’s memory back; his entire body was taken from him. Just think what he must of seen,” Izumi glared, “Oh yea, we only exchanged parts of our bodies for what we saw, but Al paid the toll with his entire physical being, he must of seen more of the ‘truth’ then either of us did,” Edward agreed, “So, if I can remember what I saw then we’ll know how to get our bodies back?” Alphonse questioned, “But the memory of that thing,” Izumi looked away, “Huh?” Alphonse was getting worried, “What is it something bad?” Alphonse quickly asked, “No it’s more like… awful!” Izumi spoke, “Horrifying,” Edward added, “it could drive you insane,” Izumi spoke, “Or even leave you brain dead,” Edward added.

“That doesn’t matter, if there’s a chance that it can help us, then I want to do it,” Alphonse was determined, “All right, I have an acquaintance that might know a way to retrieve your memory for you. But, lets east dinner first, give me a hand,” Izumi smiled and stood up, “Ok,” you three spoke.

* * *

You were coming back with some shopping for dinner tonight but saw Alphonse walking off with a piece of paper in his hand. You were a little suspicious so you put the shopping in the living room then quickly ran out the house and down the street where you saw Alphonse just get pinned down to the ground by some men.

“Alphonse!” you called, “Rea! Stay back!” Alphonse called, “Dammit… we’ll have to take the girl too now. Dolcetto… get the girl, but don’t kill her, she might know something about this boy.” The man wearing shades spoke, “Right,” the man called Dolcetto pulled his sword out and went to attack you. You dodged the attack and kicked him in the side and ran towards the man with the shades. You punched upwards to his chin but winced horribly when you saw a tiny black area of skin under his chin, “So how many fingers did I break? Hmm?” he smirked, you scowled as you were knocked out from behind, “REA!” Alphonse yelled as your body fell to the floor.

You woke up and saw that your wrists and ankles were tied together and the people were talking to Alphonse as you sat yourself up properly, “Ohhhh I see the girl is awake now,” a man walked over to you and lifted you up by your collar, “You’re a very pretty girl you know-” “Leave Rea alone!” Alphonse spoke, “Calm down, I’m not going to hurt her, just ask her something,” the man spoke, you looked at the man, “Is your second name Morden?” the man asked, “Yes, my name is Reaka Morden, what’s yours moron?” you glared, “That’s not very nice, then again you don’t have a nice reputation, but my names Greed,” the man smirked, “Anyway kid, if you don’t give me the information I want this girl here isn’t going to have the best of days,” Greed smirked at you.

Greed dropped you back on the ground and walked over to Alphonse, “I want to know what its like to have a body that never dies. A soul transmuted and bound to an object, sounds like the perfect recipe to immortality to me. Let me explain, you see I’m Greed. I want everything you can think of, money and women, power and sex, status, glory, I demand the finer things and of course I crave eternal life,” Greed explained.

“Aren’t you already immortal?” Alphonse asked, “Well I guess I was put together a little sturdier then most, I am nearly 200 years old, but I wouldn’t exactly say that I’m immortal. So I spilled my guts all over. Told you my darkest secret, now it’s your turn. How’d you get you body?” Greed asked you tried to stand up but one of Greed’s men walked over to you and put there arm around your neck and squeezed, “Just make this easy and tell him, unless you’d rather be examined, which means we’ll have to take you apart,” someone spoke from inside Alphonse’s armor.

“I wish I could tell you, that would mean I actually remember how I got it, but even if I could I’m not the one who did the transmutation,” Alphonse explained, “That’s not a problem in that case I’ll just ask the person who did,” Greed pointed at Alphonse.

You were chocking a bit on the guys grip as one of Greed’s men got thrown through the door and Edward stood there. “Brother!” Alphonse spoke, “Never really crossed my mind that you could get kidnapped.” Edward snapped, “Brother, this guys a homunculus,” Alphonse spoke, “Are you serious?” Edward was shocked, “This guy might be able to give us some leads on how to get our original bodies back,” Alphonse explained.

“An Uroboros tattoo.” Edward spoke, “Aren’t you observant, I was hoping that I’d only have to deal with the little armored giant.” Greed smirked and walked forward, “Why don’t you just ask your partners whatever you want to know?” Edward asked, “Partners?” Greed asked, “Yea, the rest of the Uroboros gang from the 5th lab who had a couple of armor bonded souls with them as well,” Edward explained, “You don’t say. Well its kind of a long story but we don’t talk much any more,” Greed smirked.

“I’ve got a little proposal for you. You guys are pretty desperate to get your bodies back right? Because I could teach you how to fabricate your own homunculus in no time at all, in return you teach me how to transmute a soul. Classic equivalent exchange. But I really don’t understand why you would want your other body back, seems like you’ve got one that’s perfect already,” Greed smirked. You glared at him, “No I don’t!” Alphonse yelled. “Your joking right? You don’t need to eat, you don’t need to sleep, and you don’t even need to use the toilet! Sounds great to me!” Greed smirked, “That’s enough, shut your damned mouth!” Edward yelled.

“SOUNDS GREAT TO YOU! IT SEEMS PERFECT! YOU DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE HELL HE’S HAD TO GO THROUGH STUCK WITH THAT BODY, AND YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW TO TRANSMUTE A SOUL? YOU KIDNAP MY BROTHER AND REAKA AND YOU WANT TO TRADE SECRETS WITH ME! I’M GONNA CRUSH YOU CREEPS; I’LL SMASH YOU AND YOU. AND I WONT GIVE YOU SLIME ANYTHING! In other words there won’t be an exchange with you SCUM!” Edward yelled and pointed at Greed who clapped slowly. “I guess we’re doing this by force again,” Dolcetto pulled his sword, “Don’t kill him alright,” Greed spoke as you were thrown to the ground by another of Greed’s goons you crawled over to Alphonse.

“Yeah, yeah.” Dolcetto replied and went to attack Edward who jumped up, “You’re a lot slower then a prisoner I know,” Edward knocked Dolcetto out then transmuted the blade on his arm, “Next.” Edward snapped, “Roa, get the armored kid and Reaka out of here, guess we’ll dismantle the kid and have some fun with the girl,” Greed spoke and walked forward, you glared as Roa picked you and Alphonse up, “Hey hold on!” Alphonse yelled, “Let me go!” you screamed and trashed about until Roa punched you in the head.

“Drop them!” Edward yelled and went to attack Greed but the same black skin that broke your fist earlier stopped his blade. “Edward!” you yelled as Roa carried you both out the room and down the corridor, “EDWARD!” you screamed.

Edward heard your scream and attacked Greed from the air throwing him to the ground. “Guard your head next time,” Edward smirked and jumped back as Greed attacked him wounding Edward, “Oh, that hurt. That move would have hospitalized most people,” Greed sat up, “But your not like most people,” Edward snapped, “Well my body is, all that sets me apart are my ultimate shield and my advanced healing powers. Nothing special but you’re never going to beat me so lets just make a deal,” Greed stood up as Edward held his wound, “Oh, your one of those guys. You don’t care if someone beats the crap out of you, but if someone lays a finger on a family member or a friend then you completely freak out. What a waste, you lose your temper like this and your going to lose my information and your brother and that beauty Rea,” Greed spoke, “My brother and Rea are fine, they’re just waiting for me to kick your ass. You’ve already told us your not immortal remember, and your ultimate shield doesn’t cover much,” Edward glared, Greed laughed and took off his jacket, “Sorry to let you down but I’ve been holding back, this obscures my handsome face so I try not to wear it that much,” Greed put his jacket down as his ultimate shield covered his body.

“I wasn’t kidding kid, try all you like, but your not going to beat me,” Greed smirked.

Over on your end Roa was running behind Dolcetto as he stopped, “Something doesn’t smell right to me…” Dolcetto spoke, “You know what it feels like to me, old times…” Roa spoke, “Old times?” you muttered.

Some soldiers ambushed you and Roa put you and Alphonse down on the ground. Though you both started to crawl away ever so slowly because Alphonse was having trouble with Martel, “Will you stay put! Quit struggling,” she yelled. “I will… wanna…” Alphonse struggled along. You saw Greed walk up to you both on the floor, “Greed!” Martel popped out of Alphonse’s head. “Ah, Martel I’m glad to see that your safe,” Greed walked over, “What’s going on up there, no one else has made it back yet,” Martel spoke. “Yea, things have gotten out of hand so we need to figure a way out of here.” Greed folded his arms.

“I can’t let you do that.” You looked up and saw, “Just what do you want old man?” Greed asked, “Furher?!” you were shocked, “Why is he here?” Alphonse asked, “King Bradley?” Martel spoke from inside Alphonse’s armor. “What’s the most powerful man in the land doing down here?” Greed asked, “Not that you’d no but growing old isn’t easy… this year marks my 60th birthday. It’s frustrating how your body stops moving the way you want it to. So I’d like to finish this job as quickly as possible and return home,” Bradley started to walk forward, “Heh, I’ve got an idea, why don’t you retire!” Greed’s hand suddenly flew off, “Well look at this, the old mans got some moves!” Greed smirked and they both started to fight for you to see them. Until you heard a break in the wall, “Greed!” Martel called, “Shh…” Alphonse spoke.

“Where the hell is Greed?” Martel asked, “I can’t see anything so I don’t know,” you spoke and hugged your knees. Then you heard footsteps to your right and saw Greed fall on the floor with a sword through his neck. “No Greed!” Martel called, “Quiet.” Alphonse pushed his helmet back down to hide Martel; “Let me out, come on dammit!” Martel complained, “No way!” Alphonse replied, you helped hold his helmet down too, “Open up!” Martel snapped, “You’ll be killed Martel!” you spoke.

Then Dolcetto and Roa shown up, “Aw crap, I kinda wish we died back there,” Dolcetto spoke, “There’s still plenty of time to tuck your tail and run away,” Roa smirked, “Trust me I’d love to but I’d got this obnoxious canine sense of loyalty,” Dolcetto broke Alphonse’s chains then broke yours too, “Do us a favor kid’s and get her out of here,” Dolcetto spoke, “Protect her,” Roa smirked, “Roa! Dolcetto!” Martel yelled as they went to attack him, you looked away.

“Hey quit stalling and let me out!” Martel yelled, “I can’t!” Alphonse replied, “I don’t have time to argue now open up! They need my help dammit!” Martel yelled, “I said no! I can’t let you out!” Alphonse spoke, “Just let me out! Your not going to let me sit here and watch my friends get killed are you!” Martel yelled, “They asked me to protect you, so quit struggling and be quiet,” Alphonse begged, “Dolcetto no!” Martel yelled as Roa attacked the Furher. “ROA!” Martel screamed. “Please I’m begging you,” Martel started to cry, “I’m sorry, I can’t,” Alphonse explained. “I’m sorry Martel,” you spoke.

Bradley pinned Greed down on the floor and walked over to you and Alphonse, “We gotta run,” Alphonse muttered, “Not so fast, aren’t you the younger brother of Edward Elric, and your Reaka Morden right? They didn’t hurt you right? Can I help you at all?” the Furher walked over, “Erm, sure… I mean no, no I’m fine, thanks but I’m alright,” Alphonse spoke, “Yea we’re fine,” you agreed.

Suddenly Martel took over Alphonse’s body and grabbed Bradley by the throat, “Martel don’t!” you grabbed onto Alphonse’s arm, “Stop it Martel! Please!” Alphonse begged, “Die Bradley!” Martel yelled, suddenly Bradley put his sword down Alphonse’s armor; you froze as blood came spilling out of Alphonse’s armor and splashed on your face and clothes. You let go and fell on the floor in shock.

The Furher took you both to safety where you saw Edward again, “Alphonse! Al!” Edward yelled, “Brother?” Alphonse spoke, “You ok?” Edward asked, “Are you ok? You’re covered in blood!” Alphonse asked, “We thought it would be best to remove her before you awoke,” Armstrong spoke as Alphonse saw her body. “I couldn’t save her,” Alphonse covered his face, “You can’t blame yourself Al, come on, let’s go home, ok? Al?” Edward smiled.

“Hold it you two. There are a few questions I need to ask both of you before you can leave. Have you had any past dealings with the man who referred to himself as Greed?” Bradley walked over, “Course not,” Edward shook his head, “Did you happen to trade any manor of information with him?” Bradley asked, “Non at all, and the military wasn’t even mentioned, not once,” Edward replied, “That isn’t my concern, let me be more specific. If you exchanged or shared any knowledge with him I’ll execute you both of you right now. I’ll ask again, did you share any knowledge that might effect the military?” Bradley asked, “No. Can we go now?” Edward asked, “I am curious about your steel arm and leg, and your brothers armored body. Is there any connection between the two?” Bradley asked, “You really are an honest kid,” Bradley smiled and turned around, “Alright, men, pull out! You make sure to take care of your younger brother Edward,” Bradley spoke.

Edward walked over to you after the men left, “Rea? Are you ok?” he asked, “No…” you covered your face. Edward sighed, “I’ll carry you home then…” Edward picked you up on his back as you wrapped your arms around him, “Why did you freeze up like that when a tiny bit of blood hit your face?” Edward asked, “I hate blood, its my worst fear other then my immortality,” you explained, “Oh,” Edward replied, “It reminds me, of how my parents died,” you muttered, Edward was shocked.