Older Then Time, Loving Forever

Envoy From The East

You were with Edward, Alphonse and Armstrong cleaning Alphonse’s armor and talking about the incident with Greed, “Something I forgot to mention, Greed had an Uroboros tattoo,” Edward spoke, “I’m not sure I follow,” Armstrong said, “Think back, the 5th laboratory, the philosopher’s stone, remember the guys I told you and Colonel Hughes about,” Edward explained, Armstrong flinched at hearing Hughes’ name for some reason, you noticed and glared suspiciously, “Colonel Hughes… I…” Armstrong spoke, he then grabbed Edward, “Listen Edward Elric. Do not do anything rash.” Armstrong warned, “Sure,” Edward replied in shock, “Well then, goodnight,” Armstrong walked off.

“Brother. There back, all the memories of when my body was taken away, I remember,” Alphonse spoke, “What did you see?” Edward asked, “Hmm, well it was definitely weird, but unfortunately I didn’t learn anything about how to get our bodies back,” Alphonse explained. “That’s ok,” Edward smiled as Alphonse fixed his armor back on, “So I guess we haven’t made any progress,” Alphonse sighed, “No, that’s not entirely true. Remember what the Furher told us back in central, about the unrest among the ranks of the military,” Edward spoke, “mmhm, and it all had something to do with the philosopher’s stone and the Uroboros guys. He said he was trying to gather info on them,” Alphonse spoke, “Well Greed was obviously connected to them somehow, but if so, why did the Furher slaughter everyone? If he was trying to figure out what they are up to, why didn’t he catch them and make them talk?” Edward questioned, “Yea good point, it also seems a little weird that the Furher himself would lead an attack against such a small group,” Alphonse explained, “Sure does, no matter how you look at it non of this adds up. We’ve been warned, but we need to get closer.” Edward looked back at you both.

You sighed to yourself and walked inside. “Rea, are you ok?” Edward asked, “No, I’m not…” you spoke, “Then what’s wrong?” Alphonse asked, “Just… that fight today… seeing all that blood… reminded me of when my parents we’re murdered…” you put your head on the table. “I was only 5 when it happened, but I remember it like it was yesterday… their faces… haunt my dreams.” You covered your face and hid your tears from the boys.

Unfortunately Izumi heard your story too and sat next to you, “Like I told the boys Rea, its ok to hurt,” Izumi smiled, “I hate burdening people with my problems though, I’ve always been an independent person and barely ever shared any secrets with anyone… and I guess… its just piled up over the years…” you looked up at the light as the tears fell. “I hate my life… but I also love it… I’ve been to so many places and met so many people, but I’ve also seen so many people die,” you looked away, “This curse is something I wish to be rid of,” you sighed. “And we will get rid of it,” Edward looked at you with determination, “You won’t have to cry any more about seeing people die, we’ll return you to normal when we get our bodies back,” Edward clenched his fist.

He hated seeing the tears appear from your eyes, Edward then sighed and bowed his head down, “What’s up?” you asked, “Winry’s going to kill me tomorrow when she sees my arm,” Edward held up his automail arm, you blinked in shock then laughed, “You should take more care of yourself then,” you giggled. “Thanks Edward,” you smiled, Edward gave a small smile, “Time for bed…” you stood up and stretched.

* * *

“Hello their Winry!” Edward smiled, “You look like you’re in a very generous mood today!” Edward smiled, “Hi Ed, Hi Al, Rea! What are you doing showing up like this?” Winry smiled, Edward pulled out his automail arm, as Winry’s face didn’t change until she smacked him around the head and started to look over his arm.

“Even Paninya’s holding down an honest job now and you three still can’t stay out of trouble,” Winry snapped, “Paninya’s got a job?” you smiled, “Yea, she’s given up her former life as a pick pocket and now she earns her job fixing roofs and doing other odd jobs around town. And what about the three of you huh? Made any progress yet?” Winry asked, you looked away with your hand behind your head, “Yea, we have, its slow going though,” Alphonse spoke, “We’re still moving ahead little by little, I guess,” Edward sat up, “Good, glad to hear it,” Winry spoke. “Alright I’ve done all I can for now,” Winry spoke, “Thanks Winry,” Edward smiled, “I’m missing some parts so you’ll have to make do with a patch job, I’ll go get what we need but until then you’ve got some time to kill,” Winry explained as you all left.

“Time to kill huh… yea… how do we do that in a town entirely made of automail shops,” Edward was bored already, though you couldn’t see Alphonse, “Alphonse?” you looked to your right and you both saw him kneeling down, “Did you find a stray kitten or something?” Edward walked over. “Uh… well no,” Alphonse held up a boy who had passed out as Edward spat out his drink in shock.

You all took him to a restaurant and he ate LOADS. “I feel so much better, you guys are life savers! Thanks a lot! Your treat right?” the boy smiled, “When did I say I was paying?” Edward glared, “Let’s not quibble short stuff,” the boy laughed, “Who you calling small?!” Edward snapped, “How lucky I am to have found such hospitality, so far from home,” the boy smiled, “Far from home?” you asked, “You mean you’re not from here?” Alphonse asked, “That’s right, I came from Xing!” the boy smiled, “Xing, that’s… the country that’s East of the desert?” Edward was shocked, “Yea, and crossing that desert was rough, let me tell you,” the boy said, “Why in the world would you take that route?” Alphonse asked, “I wanted to visit the ruins of Xerxes, that route goes by them,” the boy explained, you froze up, you hadn’t been there for years and years.

“Xerxes ruins? I heard there’s next to nothing out there,” Edward spoke, “I wanted to see for myself, anyway I was headed here to do some Alchehestry research,” the boy said, “Alchehestry research?” you asked, “Yes, I believe its what you here in this country call Alchemy. In Xing its known as Alchehestry, it’s mainly used in the medical professions.” The boy explained, “Huh, different countries, different customs I guess. Here Alchemy is mainly used as military. It’s not hard to see why; even now we still have skirmishes with the boarders of Aerugo to the south and Creta to the west. North of us is the huge country Drachma, we have a tenant of non aggression pact with them and Briggs mountain stands between us, making invasion difficult our relationship is still dicey at best.” Edward explained, “Yep, sounds like you guys have got your hands full alright,” the boy agreed, “Things began to move more toward militaristic when the current Furher King Bradley first came into power.” Edward explained, “I have to say I’m getting curious about Alchehestry, a branch of Alchemy that’s medically specialized?” Alphonse looked at Edward, “I’m curious too,” Edward smirked, “Oh, are you three by any chance alchemists?” the boy asked, “I’m not but these two certainly are. This is Edward Elric a State Alchemist, and this is his younger brother Alphonse, and I’m Reaka,” you pointed at Edward, Alphonse then yourself.

“My names Ling Yao, it’s a pleasure,” Ling stood up, as you all shook, “So Ling, what else can you tell us about Alchehestry? We’d sure love to learn more,” Edward smiled, “Nothing, yea sorry but I’m not actually a Alchehestris,” Ling explained, “If you don’t practice Alchehestry why come all the way to research it?” Edward glared at Ling as you smacked your forehead. “Well see I’m looking for something. It’s possible you three have heard of it before. The Philosophers stone,” Ling spoke, you all froze up. “I’m very eager to find it, do you know anything about it?” Ling asked, “No sorry, we can’t help you,” Edward spoke then walked off, “You wouldn’t be lying to me now would you?” Ling smirked and clicked his fingers. Suddenly you and Edward had a dagger held at your throat. “So, do you have something to tell me?” Ling asked, “Why the interest in the philosophers stone?” Edward asked, “I want to achieve Immortality,” Ling spoke, you looked around and glared at him, “Out with it, what do you know?” Ling stood up, “Immortality, nonsense,” Edward glared back at the person holding the dagger, “Not to me it isn’t” Ling put his hands on his hips, “In any case I can’t say that I care too much for your way of asking questions,” Edward pushed the dagger away and tried to attack the man but he was quick to jump in the air then kick Edward back. Alphonse did the same but the other man against him kicked Alphonse back towards Edward also, you stood there in shock as the two men both looked at you, “I don’t want to cause a fuse so I’ll behave,” you put your hands up in defense, “Oh thanks Rea!” Edward yelled, “Well I don’t really have anything to fight back with do I! I don’t wanna get killed again!” you yelled, then froze, “We need to talk,” Ling appeared behind you as you cringed, “Oh crap…” you muttered in a high-pitched voice as the two others chased Edward and Alphonse away.

Ling kept asking you questions but you just sat there in silence until you both heard 2 explosions in the distance. Ling dragged you off as you both appeared as you caught up with Edward and Alphonse, “Ok, good work guys!” Ling smiled, “Why you! What are you so chipper about?” Edward snapped, you sighed deeply as Ling smiled, “You guys have got some pretty impressive skills. I know how about you two work for me and together we can take over this country, what do you say?” Ling asked, “I’ve had enough of your idiotic chattering! Just go back to Xing!” Edward yelled, “Look there they are!” A man called, “Look at the mess you’ve made, you’ve practically destroyed our town!” another man yelled, “Your covering the damages!” another man snapped, “And restaurant bill too!” the man from the restaurant spoke. “H-Hey wait just hold on a second! This guy and his little entourage should be paying for every thing,” Edward pointed at Ling, “Sorry I know understand the language of this country, ok? Bye now!” Ling disappeared, “Hey you get the hell back here!” Edward yelled, you smacked your forehead and looked around, “They’ve gone!” you were shocked, “What!” Edward and Alphonse yell in shock.

“You’ve gotta be kidding… how am I suppose to fix this place up with only one arm?” Edward asked, “It’s ok brother, I’ll take care of it,” Alphonse clapped his hands, “What? So you can do Alchemy without a transmutation circle now?” you asked, “yea, I think it’s because of the memories I recovered,” Alphonse looked at you and Edward, you smiled at him, “Well that’s more convenient now,” you spoke. Suddenly Edward screamed and fell on the floor, you laughed as you realised what he was so upset about, Alphonse was a little confused.

“We’re back!” you three smiled, “Hello, we meet again!” Ling waved, Edward ran over and knocked him on the head with Edward’s broken automail arm, “What’s your sorry butt doing here?” Edward yelled as Ling fell on the floor and picked himself up, “Now, now we’re all friends here right?” Ling smiled, “That’s how you treat your friends? By sicking your dogs on them? Those two didn’t go easy!” Edward glared, “Let it go I promise I’ll give them a talking to later. The girls name is Lan Fan, the Old man is called Fu. Their family has served mine for generations, their quite good at what they do,” Ling explained, “Oh, so you shake down strangers for food yet you can afford two personal attendants?” Edward glared, “Well I am the emperors son after all,” Ling spoke, and you blinked.

“Emperors… Son?” you muttered, “That makes you…” Edward looked at you, “A PRINCE!” you all yelled then started to laugh. “Not the reaction I anticipated,” Ling spoke, you looked at him, “Sorry but its not something you hear everyday, I never expected it,” you laughed, “Yea, the guy who mooched food off of us is the son of an Emperor!” Edward laughed, as a dagger appeared by him. Edward and Alphonse jumped out of their skin, you just carried on laughing, “you will not speak badly about Master Ling,” Lan Fan glared, you smirked, “Oh please calm down,” you pulled the dagger out of the table and flipped it in the air a few times, “We were only shocked about hearing something completely outrageous,” you smirked then snickered to yourself, “I’m glad you find this so funny,” Ling smirked, “Sorry, just never expected to meet someone who turned out to be a Prince,” you explained and thrown the dagger in the air and it landed on the centre of the table that Ling was sitting at.

“But your probably right, its not that big of a deal, the Emperor has a lot of sons. My country Xing is broken up with 50 different clans, with an Emperor at the top reigning over all of them. The daughter of each clans chief becomes the Emperor’s wife’s and bares his children. The current Emperor has 19 daughters, and 24 sons, I come in at number 12 in that line up,” Ling explained, “43 kids? That’s incredible,” Edward was shocked, “He must have a lot of stamina…” you smirked, Edward and Alphonse looked at you confused, “Sorry… was thinking of something wrong then just ignore me. But anyway… it must be tricky to see who succeeds the Emperor right?” you asked, “Indeed it is that’s the problem we’re facing right now, the Emperor’s health has become to deteriorate recently, each clan is doing they can to curie favor. And I’m no exception,” Ling explained, “You want to up your chances by discovering the secret to immortality?” Edward spoke, you clenched your fist, “Exactly, ok. The Philosopher’s Stone, what information can you offer?” Ling asked, “Not happening! The stone isn’t a tool for some political game,” Edward snapped, looking away, “Oh then I’ll have to stay with you until you tell me!” Ling hugged Edward, “Oh no you don’t get off of me!” Edward yelled and smacked Ling a few times with his broken automail arm until…

“I’m back,” Winry called, Edward froze as Winry looked over to him and saw his automail arm broken off, “What happened to your arm!” Winry yelled and started beating Edward up, “You careless little jerk! How could you do this! You know how tired I get of this!” Winry yelled as you pulled her off him, “I think that’s enough beating on the ‘careless little jerk” you quoted, Winry glared at Edward as you held her back.

“So… where are you headed to break your automail this time?” Winry asked, “You just assume I’ll break it?” Edward sighed, “We were thinking about doing some digging in central,” Alphonse spoke, “You guys are going back to central! I wanna come too take me with you!” Winry smiled, “What do you want to go there for?” Edward asked, “I’d like to go see the Hughes family again,” Winry smiled brightly, “Don’t you have a lot of work from here though?” you asked, “It’s ok if you want to go Winry, you should take a break every once in a while,” Mr. Garfield smiled, “Oh really, thanks so much Mr. Garfield!” Winry beamed, “Ok, we’ll all go!” Edward smiled, “Central here we come!” Alphonse put his thumb up.

“Oh, we’re going to central! How exciting!” Ling appeared at the window, “I told you you’re not coming with us!” Edward screamed at Ling. You smiled at everyone, something so simple, but something you took pride in. You took pride in having friends such as these, they had their flaws but you loved them all.

But you began to love someone more, which you hoped you did not.