Older Then Time, Loving Forever

The Briggs Way

You were left to explore the area at Briggs trying to find Edward and Alphonse. Luckily you did at the open area where the Icicles hung, “Hey there boys… got you cutting these down huh?” you smiled, “Where did you go?” Edward was surprised to see you, “I went and had a catch up chat with Olivier… I’ve known her since she was 3…” you smiled, “Oh… really?” Edward asked, “Yep, she doesn’t snap at me one bit… She treats me with respect… unlike you two… I take it she’s had a bit of a cold side huh?” you asked, “Yep…” Edward bowed his head down, “She’s so mean…” Alphonse quivered, “I call her Ice Queen, I’m the only person who calls her that though… anybody else who calls her that gets a smack,” you laughed, “You seem to be on good grounds with her then,” Edward spoke, “Yep,” you smiled.

“Hey Falman!” you smiled as you saw him behind the brothers, “Rea, how are you?” Falman smiled, “I’m good, are you going to show the boys around Briggs?” you asked, “Yes, I was just about to,” Falman smiled.

“This is the development lair.” Falman spoke as you all looked down at loads of tanks, “Wow, what’s that?” Edward asked, “They’re developing weapons using the best technology in the country under orders from Major General Armstrong.” Falman explained, “Even automails for combat?” Edward asked, “Yes. Let me show you something else.” Falman replied as he started to walk on.

You all walked into a huge room with pipes all along the floor and walls of the opposite side of the room, it was the warmest room in the entire building. “This is the lowest level of Briggs.” Falman spoke, “It’s really warm down here. Totally different from how it is up at the top.” Edward spoke, “The lifeline of the fortress is gathered here. Even if the top of the fortress is attacked, the central part underground will remain unscathed.” Falman explained.

A man walked between Edward and Alphonse pushing them apart, “Out of my way. Don’t be milling around!” the man complained as he walked off, “Sorry.” Edward spoke.

“Hey Bobby, this way! It’s this pipe.” A man called, Bobby over.

You watched them suspiciously as you heard a soft noise underground, “Did you hear something?” you asked, “Hear what?” Edward asked, “Can’t you hear it?” you asked in shock, Edward and Alphonse shook their heads.

The ground broken suddenly and someone climbed out from under the ground. You all saw a huge man climb out from under the rubble. You recognized him immediately from past encounters. “Homunculus!” Edward spoke, “It’s Sloth…” you muttered, “Sloth?” Edward looked at you, “What’s he doing here? Is he here to stop us?” Edward asked, “I don’t know… last time I saw him was before you guys were born…” you explained as he fell asleep.

“Don’t fall asleep!” Edward and Alphonse yelled, “Is he dangerous?” Edward whispered, “Only if you really piss him off… he tends not to bother with anything because it’s too much of a drag for him…” you replied quickly.

“What?” Sloth asked, “Well, you know. You heard about us from your Father at Central, right?” Edward asked, “Y-Yeah. We just came here to search for ways to get our bodies back…” Alphonse spoke, “Who… are you guys?” Sloth asked, “I… have to dig. What a drag… Such a drag…” Sloth walked to his left slowly dragging his hefty feet. “His common catchphrase is heard by all…” you sighed, “Wait, could it be that he…” Edward muttered, “Yeah. Maybe Neither Father nor the Fuhrer President have told him about us yet.” Alphonse whispered.

Suddenly a gun was fired at Edward’s feet as he jumped in shock. “You bastard! So you are spies from Drachma!” Buccaneer glared, “We’re not!” Edward and Alphonse yelled. “Then why are you speaking to the intruder like you’re friends?!” Buccaneer yelled, “We’re not friends!” Edward yelled. “You can’t trick me!” Buccaneer yelled again, “We’re not lying!” Edward replied. You saw Sloth pick up a pipe and go to throw it, “MOVE!” you pushed Edward and Alphonse quickly out the way as it landed where you once stood.

“There’s… so much room here. Where am I? Do I not have to dig anymore?” Sloth spoke, “Fire!” Buccaneer yelled as they shot bullets onto Sloth, they just bounced off him like they were bouncing balls.

You, Alphonse and Edward all got up to the top floor where Buccaneer was as Sloth made his way up on the platform. “This is bad! He’s head for the development lair! After him!” Buccaneer spoke, “We need to go after him, too!” Edward spoke and followed the soldiers, “Right!” you and Alphonse agreed.

You three ran through and saw Olivier had just fired the cannons in Sloth’s face. Edward saved a group of people as Sloth knocked a load of boxes back. Edward ran over to Olivier, “It’s no use General. He won’t die no matter what!” Edward spoke, “Won’t die?!” Olivier was surprised, “What do you mean?! Why do you know so much about that thing?” Buccaneer snapped, “Because its like myself… but not entirely like me,” you snapped.

“I don’t like Dilly-dalliers!” Olivier smashed her sword sheath on the tank, “let me talk to her Ed,” you whispered, “Answer everything that you can answer!” Olivier snapped as you stepped forward. “How do you know about that thing?! Are you spies from Drachma?” Olivier asked, “They are not! They are my friends and if you must know Edward is my boyfriend!” you glared, “Then is that thing a spy?!” Olivier pointed at Sloth with her sword, “We don’t think so,” you replied, “Does that thing know you?!” Olivier asked, “It knows me but not the Elric’s,” you replied, “What is that thing?!” Olivier snapped, “We can’t answer.” You glared, “Who is commanding him to act?!” Olivier asked again, “We can’t answer!” Edward yelled, “And why can’t you answer?” Olivier glared, “Please try to realize…” Edward glared.

“This is my last question. Do you three plan to ally yourselves with us?” Olivier asked, “I don’t want to see the people here die.” Edward spoke, “Tell me what his body is made of.” Olivier looked at Sloth. “I’m fairly certain his body structure and composition are identical to humans.” Edward spoke. “Identical to humans, huh… Buccaneer, bring me some tank fuel. I’m going to pour it on him.” Olivier commanded. “Roger!” Buccaneer ran off, “Setting him on fire isn’t going to work… you tried that on me once remember?” you snapped, “I’ve already gathered from the previous attacks that he won’t die. In that case, I’ll just shut off his bodily functions. I’ll let him have something far worse than flames.” Olivier looked at Sloth with determination.

“I’ll show you how we do things at Briggs.” Olivier smirked.