Older Then Time, Loving Forever

The Shape of the Country

“I’ll show you how we do things at Briggs.” Olivier smirked.

How you do things at Briggs?” Edward quoted, “This is going to be fun,” you smirked, Edward looked at you confused, “You’ll see,” you looked at him. “That’s right!” Buccaneer grabbed Edward’s head, “Lend us a hand, alchemist!” Buccaneer had an evil grin across his face.

Buccaneer grabbed Edward, “Brother!” Alphonse spoke, “You too!” Buccaneer glared at Alphonse. “Hang on! We’re…” Edward stopped as a gun was pointed at his head, “You were threatened and forced to help. No one can blame you for that, right?” Buccaneer smirked till he saw Falman in front of him, “Who’s this?” Buccaneer asked, “He’s out bro.” Edward smirked evilly, “Okay. You’re helping, too.” Buccaneer smirked.

You all went and grabbed loads of tank fuel to dump on Sloth. “What is she planning?” you asked Buccaneer, “You’ll see,” Buccaneer smirked, “Help us Rea!” Edward snapped, “Sorry but a girl like me doesn’t do the heavy loading work, I’ll just stand and look pretty,” you smirked, “AGH!” Edward glared at you, “You still love me don’t you,” you winked, Edward blushed a bit, “Move it! To gate 8!” Buccaneer pushed Edward as you caught him before he fell on his face.

“Let’s go,” you smiled, “Yeah,” Edward nodded as you taken a can from Edward.

You four waited on the lane to Gate 8 as Sloth walked through the elevator doors. Buccaneer ran out and thrown Sloth over. “Now! Let him have it!” Buccaneer yelled, you all poured the fuel onto Sloth, “Good job!” Buccaneer smirked evilly.

“There’s a lot of evil looks going on today,” you muttered blankly.

“Now what?” Alphonse spoke as you, Edward and Falman ran back down, “How do we throw him out of the gate?” Edward asked. You all heard the elevator ding as a huge cannon came through the door, “Wow…” you spoke as Edward and Alphonse froze in fear. “Move, brat!” Olivier called. The cannon fired but it only managed to get him outside not over the rail.

“Hey! One more round!” Olivier yelled, “We’re out of ammo!” the man replied, you sighed, “I guess I’ll be saving the day then,” as you took off, “REA!” Edward yelled as you jumped and kicked Sloth in the chest sending him over the edge and down onto the snow.

“All right!” Edward ran to the edge, “Good job Rea!” Alphonse cheered, “I’m useful sometimes you know!” you laughed, “It’s north-blend fuel. It vaporizes even in extremely low temperatures and with that, it absorbs body temperature in no time. On top of that, we’re in the middle of a blizzard. He’ll freeze all the way to his brain.” Buccaneer walked out as you all saw him freeze below.

“Hibernate until spring comes, dimwit. Buccaneer haul these four down.” Olivier spoke, “Rodger!” Buccaneer spoke, “What?!” Edward and Alphonse we’re scared as you rolled your eyes around your head.

“What the hell?! We helped!” Edward snapped, “You we’re forced to! Wouldn’t that be more convenient for you?” Olivier snapped as Buccaneer dragged Edward and Falman down the corridor. You and Alphonse followed not far behind.

* * *

You woke up in your cell and sighed, “You up Edward?” you asked, “Yea, we’ve been asked to check out that tunnel, your not welcome apparently,” Edward spoke, “As usual, I get left behind…” you sighed, “Tell me everything she says and what you do ok,” you spoke. Edward nodded, “See you later Rea,” Edward waved.

You sat in your cell getting some attention from the guards as you played them into playing a game of cards with you while you waited for Edward and Alphonse to get back. “What’s taking Edward and Alphonse so long?” you snapped, “They’ve as the Major General to help them with something,” A guard spoke, “With what?” you asked confused, “To trick Raven,” another guard spoke, you sat their shocked then smirked, “Those little punks did it again and not told me the plan,” you smirked.

As you sat in your cell Edward and Alphonse came back with Buccaneer and told you that Olivier tricked Raven into asking about an immortal army, and that Solf J. Kimblee was here, “Kimblee?” you asked in shocked, “Yea,” Edward nodded, “I hate that man…” you snapped and sat down as Raven walked past your cell and went into Edward and Alphonse’s. You listened in on what he had to say.

“I’ve heard everything from the Fuhrer President.” Raven spoke, “Pleasure to meet you.” Edward snapped, “It seems you’ve been keeping your mouths shut.” Raven said, “We promised, after all.” Edward sighed, “You don’t seem too happy.” Raven spoke, “Wouldn’t it be strange to be happy after having people taken hostage?” Edward snapped. “Umm… when can we get out of here? The deal was that we’d be able to continue our journey as long as we didn’t get in your way.” Alphonse asked, “Don’t worry, I’ll get you out of here soon.” Raven smiled, “That hole… it’s also a part of your plan, isn’t it? If they find out” Edward asked, “You don’t need to worry about that, either. Major General Armstrong agreed to returning the Homunculus in the tunnel and sealing the hole. The Major General joined forces with us, too.” Raven explained.

Raven left after that and you sighed, “She wouldn’t join them,” you spoke.

Later on one of the engineers walked in and told you what Olivier killed Raven, “She killed him?!” Edward was shocked, “Lieutenant General Raven?!” Alphonse spoke, “I wouldn’t of expected anything less from her,” you smirked leaning on the bars of your cell, “Well, that’s all I needed to tell you.” The man spoke, “Hey! Wait! When the hell are you guys going to let us out?!” Edward grabbed onto the bars of the cell, “Who knows? Ask the Major General.” The man walked out of the door.

You sighed, “Let’s just be patient… its all we can do for now, just relax,” you leaned back on the wall, “I can’t stay put when so many things are going on!” Edward snapped.

The door opened again, and a man you hated to his guts walked in wearing a white suit, “Hey, how’s it going? I’ve come to speak with the Fullmetal Alchemist-” Kimblee taken his hate off, Edward sighed as you just sat in your cell quietly hoping Kimblee wouldn’t notice you.

“Oh? It seems as though I’m not very popular here. I’ve brought a guest today for you two.” Kimblee spoke, “A guest?” Edward asked as you saw Winry walk through the door and stopped in front of Edward’s cell.

“You idiot!!!” Edward yelled, “Why did you come here?!” Alphonse complained, “Why?! To switch your automail to the kind they use up here, of course! Why are you guys in jail, anyway?!” Winry asked, “No one called you out here!” Edward snapped, “What the heck is your problem? I was so worried about you! I wouldn’t have known if the people from the military hadn’t told me about it!” Winry snapped, “The military?!” Edward was shocked.

Kimblee put his hands on Winry’s shoulders, “Come on, you two. The Fuhrer President was very worried to hear of the situation.” Kimblee smiled, “Get. Your. Hands. Off my sister,” you glared; Winry looked at you shocked and was scared by your death glare aimed at Kimblee.

“Take Miss. Rockbell and Fullmetal Alchemist to the automail mechanic room,” Kimblee instructed one of the guards. He looked back at you after they left, “I’d keep those rosy red lips of your shut Reaka,” Kimblee glared, “I’ll talk how I want to a scumbag like yourself,” you glared, Kimblee smirked, “You remember what happened last time don’t you when you spoke out of place Miss Morden,” Kimblee smirked then licked his lips looking down your body, you froze and backed down, stepping to the back of your cell away from Kimblee.

When Kimblee left you fell on your knees.

“Rea?” Alphonse spoke, he could hear you sniffing and he heard that your breathing was shaky, “Rea… are you crying?” Alphonse asked, “I’m not!” you snapped but your voice broke showing the truth to Alphonse. You sat with your bar against the bars and put your hand through your cage and put your hand in Alphonse’s cell, “Please hold my hand,” you spoke, “Sure…” Alphonse walked over and taken your hand.

Edward came back later and explained the plan; meanwhile you had been moved into the cell with Alphonse. “So… why can’t we be let out?” Alphonse asked, “Mr. Kimblee’s orders.” One of his guards spoke, “We’ve been told to only release the Fullmetal Alchemist for now.” The other man spoke, you glared at them but hugged your knees sitting on your bed keeping silent and not paying much attention to the guards.

Later on Edward and Winry returned. Edward explained what was going on, “Winry. You’re currently being kept as a hostage.” Edward spoke, “What? What do you mean? Is this a joke?” Winry asked, “Listen up. I’ve been instructed by the higher-ups to do my duty as a human weapon. So I may have to be party to mass murder.” Edward explained, “What?! But you can’t you just refuse… Oh, so that’s why I’m… No… I’m being a burden to you three.” Winry spoke, “I won’t cry! I’m sorry. I’m just mad at myself for being so happy-go-lucky. Why is this… You two just want to get your bodies back…” Winry covered her face, “About that… They’ll give us a philosopher’s stone if I help them.” Edward explained, “What? A stone? But…” Alphonse was shocked, “Kimblee has one.” Edward spoke, you flinched at the name. Edward glanced for a second in confusion, “Yeah, but those stones are made of…” “I know that!” Edward interrupted Alphonse.

“Do whatever you want, geez…” Alphonse snapped after a minute, “That’s the plan…” Edward said and looked back at the door, “I’ve decided to take the job. Let me look for Scar first.” Edward spoke, “Oh? Why is that?” Kimblee asked, “Scar killed Winry’s parents. I want to avenge them,” Edward explained as Winry was let out. “I see. Fair enough,” Kimblee explained, “And I’ll be taking Al and Rea with me,” Edward spoke, “Since Al’s in that state, Scar can’t use his destruction techniques on him.” Edward spoke, “You can take Alphonse… but Reaka stays, and that is final,” Kimblee glares at Edward. “I’ll be fine Ed just go,” you called, Edward looked back at you worriedly, “I’ll be fine,” you smiled and waved as they all left together.

But you knew, you wouldn’t be fine.