Older Then Time, Loving Forever

Daydreamer

* * * Edward's POV * * *


“Why did you kill my parents?” Winry asked, “No matter what I’ll say, it’ll only become an excuse. The fact is I killed the Rockbells. With this hand… Girl, you have the right to kill me.” Scar spoke. Winry walked off and grabbed a piece of cloth from a box by the side, “At this rate, you’ll die from blood loss.” Winry started to bandage Scar’s arm up, “Winry!” I was shocked, “I know. But I’m sure Mom and Dad would have done the same. It’s a life Mom and Dad saved. I’m sure there’s a meaning to it.” Winry explained, “You’re saying you’ll forgive me?” Scar asked, “Don’t get the wrong idea! I haven’t forgiven you for killing my parents unjustly!” Winry snapped as she finished the bandage.

“Winry…” I spoke, “Don’t worry; I’m not going to cry. Didn’t I promise you that the next time I cry, it’d be with tears of joy?” Winry smiled at me, I hugged her for a moment to comfort her then turned to Scar, “Hey, Scar. Despite what Winry just said, I still want to beat you to a pulp and drag you over the Rockbells’ graves.” I snapped.

“Should I contact Headquarters?” a guard asked, “Yeah,” Miles replied, “I believe Miles was your name? Can I ask something?” Scar spoke, “What is it?” Miles asked, “You called me a fellow countryman, didn’t you?” Scar asked, “I did. Until my grandfather’s generation my ancestors were full Ishbalans. I wish we could have met under different circumstances, my red-eyed brethren.” Miles taken his glasses off, “Why are you siding with the Amestrian army?” Scar asked, “Because I wish to change the way people feel about Ishbalans from within the country.” Miles explained, “I doubt people would change the way they feel so easily.” Scar glared, “I don’t know how long it’ll take. But there are things only I, a man of mixed parentage, can do. I’m nothing but an Ishbalan pebble that was thrown into the Amestrian army. But there may come a time when a small ripple becomes a giant wave. And ironically, the person who man me realize that is a full-blooded Amestrian.” Miles put his glasses back on, “I’m nothing but a mass of hatred, born from that civil war. I’m glad someone like you exists.” Scar replied.

“Major.” The guard walked to Miles with a phone, “Is this Headquarters? This is Miles speaking. We’ve captured Scar in a building in Area D. Let Kimblee know. No matter what your circumstances are, I can’t just let you go. You deserve to be tried and sentenced,” Miles spoke.

“Wait!” Marcoh called, “Who are you?!” Miles asked. May appeared behind Marcoh, “May!” Al called, “Doctor Marcoh!” I was shocked.

“Please don’t take that man away.” Marcoh came in and explained everything.

“Deciphering research documents.” Miles spoke, “It’s breakthrough research that combines the alchemies from Amestris and Xing!” May explained, “But the essential portions are written in ancient Ishbalan. The only one who can read this is Scar. So…” Marcoh explained.

Miles looked at Scar, then back at May. “You’re the girl who knows Eastern Alchemy, right? I’ve received orders to take you back to the fort.” Miles explained, “Huh?! M-Me?” May jumped behind Marcoh, “Don’t worry. I’ve been ordered to give you a warm reception. Now… if Scar can’t be caught… and if we also can’t let them know that Marcoh is here… It might be better to just hide them at Briggs for now.” Miles thought, “Hang on, what the hell?! You’re taking him, too?!” I stepped forward, “Don’t you guys need him to decipher the documents?” Miles asked, “It pisses me off to think we have to ask him for help… Why don’t we just hand him over to Kimblee and-” “A transmutation circle made from this country. And the history of this country. I’ve heard everything from General Armstrong. Something is about to happen; something that will encompass all of Amestris. Isn’t deciphering the documents of higher priority than anything else? I’m also aware that Ms. Rockbell has been taken hostage. If we do this now, we could make Kimblee take the blame and hide her away at the same time.” Miles explained, I hate the idea and looked away.

Rea would follow this idea and come up with one of her drastic amazing plans.

“Scar, if you decide to lend us a hand, we can postpone your trial to a later date. What do you say?” Miles held his gun up. “I have no other options, do I? I promise to cooperate.” Scar spoke, “Do you really mean it?” Miles asked, “I swear on my Ishbalan blood, my red-eyed brethren.” Scar spoke, “So, that’s how it is. I’m sorry, but you’re going to have to wait a little longer for him to face trial.” Miles looked at Winry, “That’s fine.” Winry nodded.

Jerso and Zampano just woke up, “Oh yeah, I forgot about these two. Kill them.” Miles spoke, “Rodger,” a guard held his gun up, “H-hey!” I spoke, “Hang on! You don’t have to kill them!” Al spoke too, “There’s nothing to be gained from letting them live. Do it.” Miles spoke, “This isn’t about gain or loss! Isn’t there something you could do besides killing them?!” Al spoke.

“Showing us pity, huh?” Jerso spoke, “There’s no need for that. You’re just a kid who doesn’t know anything.” Zampano added, “There’s no future for us anyway, since we’ve got bodies like these. If you’re going to kill us, just do it.” Jerso spoke. Al stood in front of them, “Don’t you two have family or people important to you?” Al asked, “Of course we do.” Jerso spoke, “But when we were transformed to this state, we were publicly pronounced dead. I haven’t seen them since.” Zampano explained, “Don’t you want to see them?” Al asked, “Even if we did, there’s nothing we could do. Look at us.” Zampano replied, “Oh, so you don’t want to return to your old selves? You’re fine with those bodies, then?” Al asked, “Of course not!” Zampano yelled, “Of course we want to return to normal!” Al pointed at Jerso “Then there’s your answer. Please don’t talk as though you’ve already given up. You haven’t even explored the possibility of returning to your old bodies.” Al explained, “How the hell would you know how we feel?!” Jerso snapped, “There’s no way to-” they both looked shocked as Al took his helmet off, “I’m going to get my body back. No matter how many years it may take, I’ll never give up!” Al explained.

“Major!” a guard called, “What is it?” Miles asked, “This isn’t good. A blizzard is approaching.” The guard replied. “It’s impossible to march in a blizzard with the equipment we have right now. At this rate, we won’t make it back to the fort.” Miles explained, “What should we do?” Winry asked, “Isn’t this a mining town? Why don’t we just take the underground mining path?” Yoki spoke out of nowhere as we all looked at him. “Wh-What?! I-It’s just that since this is such a big mine, I figured there might be a path leading through the mountain… I-I think…” “That’s it!” Me and Al spoke, “Sir Yoki!” May smiled, “I used to own a coal mine, after all!” Yoki smiled.

“That would work! The mine exits beyond the mountain.” A guard spoke, “Okay. If you happen to encounter a soldier from Briggs, hand them this. I’ve stated the situation in there, so they should give you refuge.” Miles spoke, “I’m in your debt. I guess the only thing we still have to account for is the girl. Even if she comes with us, wouldn’t the Elric Brothers be the prime suspects if they find out she’s missing?” Marcoh spoke, “we’ll figure something out.” Al spoke, “Don’t mean to brag, but we can work as well as we can talk.” I smirked. “No, Kimblee is a very suspicious man. If we don’t plan this completely, he’ll be doubly suspicious.” Miles explained.

“Where is that other girl too… Reaka?” Marcoh asked, “She’s… in jail at Briggs,” I growled, “I’ll help Rea escape from Briggs, don’t worry about that Edward,” Miles spoke.

“Umm… this may be a bit strange coming from me… But… What if I were kidnapped by Scar?” Winry spoke up, “Kidnapped?” Al spoke, “So… what you mean is… We free him, and…” I pointed back at Scar, “Yeah. Scar runs off with me in his arms, and you pretend like you’re desperately trying to stop him… or something like that.” Winry explained, “Do you think we’ll let you do something that dangerous?!” I yelled, “I’m a hostage right now, anyway! I have to risk my life to escape, or it’ll never happen! This is what Rea suggested if anything like this happened!” Winry explained, I froze for a second, “But with Scar?!” Al spoke, “Yeah! You don’t need to risk your life?!” I snapped, “Quit trying to do everything by yourselves! I’m tired of it! Plus Rea said he would do it because he owes her!” Winry snapped at me, “Scar owes Rea?” I was shocked.

“Apparently she saved him from a bunch of thugs when he was very young… you probably don’t remember it Scar, but I’m sure your brother told you about the Amestrian who saved you,” Winry looked at Scar, who looked shocked, “That girl… the one I…” Scar closed his eyes, “I thought she looked familiar but ignored it,” Scar spoke, “I’ll do this to return for what Rea did for me,” Scar spoke.

I hated this idea, and the fact that Rea helped him when he was very young… burned me even more. “Kimblee’s squad is here,” a guard spoke, “Dammit! Scar, if anything happens…” I snapped, “I know. I will keep my promise.” Scar spoke as I broke the rock around his arm.

“Could you… could you take us, as well? I understand you don’t trust us, so you can keep up bound.” Jerso spoke, “Sir Kimblee shows no mercy to men who can’t do their job. We’ll get killed either way. And besides… we don’t want to give up, either!” Zampano spoke, “We can trust you, right? If you two happen to betray us and get in our way, this country could fall to ruin. Including the people you two hold dear.” Marcoh explained, “Hang on! What do you mean?! Central never told us anything like that!” Jerso was shocked, “Tell us the details! What is this about?!” Zampano asked.

Jerso and Zampano returned to their true form has a human. “Is this fine?” Miles asked, “Yeah. You all will probably feel safer this way too.” Jerso spoke, “Scar, we’re going to have to ask you to put on an act.” Miles explained, “I know.” Scar spoke, “Keep the vow you swore on your Ishbalan blood.” Miles replied, Scar just nodded.

As we walked down the stairs Winry gave me her earrings, “Hold onto these for me. I’ll be waiting for you at the fort!” Winry ran up the stairs.

“Kimblee, you bastard! Why the hell didn’t you keep an eye on Winry?!” I yelled running out of the exploding building.