Older Then Time, Loving Forever

Homunculus

As soon as people were gone Buccaneer walked in and glared at you, “What you looking at pork chop?” you folded your arms, “You’re really pushing it…” Buccaneer glared, you burst out laughing, “Oh come off it you big buffoon… get me out of here now,” you laughed, “Sorry we can’t,” Buccaneer sighed, “Did you find your friends?” you asked, “We found two,” Buccaneer sat on the chair opposite your cell.

“Buccaneer, I never ask favors from you, but I want you to keep Kimblee away from me as much you can, please,” you held onto the bars, “Why?” Buccaneer asked, “I can’t say why…” you hugged yourself and bowed your head down.

A while later Buccaneer left you to your thoughts. You ended up drifting off dreaming of a nightmare from the past.

* * *


“Boy, girl… Hey, you two over there…” a voice called your seven year old self jumped up in shock, “Oh, crap!” 23 called, “Don’t worry.” The voice spoke again; you both looked around the room confused. “Over here.” The voice called again, you pulled on 23’s trousers and pointed at the thing in the flask. “What the hell?” 23 spoke, “Come on. Aren’t you at least a little surprised?” the flask asked, you jumped behind 23’s back when you were little you were very shy, and couldn’t talk very well. “If I do get surprised, will you give me something?” 23 spoke, “I guess you’re always at ease. I like you. What are your names?” the flask asked, “I’m Slave Number 23 and this is Slave Number 39, don’t worry about her being shy, she can’t talk very well but she is bright.” 23 smiled down at you putting his hand on your head. “I didn’t ask for a number. I want your real names.” The flask spoke, “We don’t have names. We’re slaves.” 23 spoke, “Slave? People who are stripped of their rights and freedom and are exchanged as possessions in conveyance?” the flask asked, “Conveyance?” 23 asked, you were both confused of the words the flask spoke. “To transfer property and rights and such. 23 had a blank look, so did yourself.

“You’re both not very bright, are you?” the flask asked, “C-Conveyance, to transfer property and rights and such,” you spoke stepping forward and looking closely at the flask, “Well… this girl is brighter then an older male,” the flask spoke, “Shut up!” 23 snapped, “I don’t understand how I was born from someone like you. You’re the one who gave me blood, aren’t you?” the flask spoke, “They did take a lot of blood from me to use for experiments, the same with 39, she didn’t have much taken from her though because of how young she is,” 23 explained.

“I was born because you both gave me blood. Thank you. Umm… ‘Slave Number 23 and Slave Number 39’ just sounds too cold. I’ll give you both a name, then.” The flask spoke, “Who the hell do you think you are?” 23 spoke, “Don’t you want a cool name? Let’s see… Teo… Teofrastus Bombastus.” The Flask spoke, “Too Long.” 23 snapped, “Ah, it can’t be too long; else you won’t be able to memorize it. You’re dumb, after all.” The flask spoke, “Quit saying that!” 23 snapped, “Then how about Van? Van Hohenheim.” The flask spoke, “Van Hohen… eh? I should be able to remember that. But what about 39?” 23 asked, “Hmmm… Reaka… Reaka Morden,” the flask spoke, you smiled and nodded. “Reaka Morden,” you repeated.

“You spell your names like… Wait, do you two know how to read and write?” the flask asked, “I don’t need to know to work.” Van spoke, you put your hand up, “Yes Rea?” the flask spoke, you smiled hearing your new name, “I… can read a bit…” you spoke, “Ahhh very good, see. This kid is brighter then a fully grown man…” the flask spoke, “I’m right here!” Van snapped, you laughed with the flask’s joke.

“Don’t you both want freedom and rights? Do you plan on ending your life as a slave without gaining basic human rights? That’s the same as being in this stuffy flask. I’m going to share my knowledge with you both, Van Hohenheim and Reaka Morden.” The flask spoke, “Hey… what are you? What should we call you?” Van asked, “The Little One Inside the Flask. So… call me ‘Homunculus’.” The flask had a face appear inside it with one red eye.

Van was taught how to do alchemy while you were both taught to read and write though the Flask taught you how to be a proper lady and how to fight properly in combat. As the time went on you became more confident and learned to speak properly as well.

“You know, we’re really thankful.” Van spoke, “Yes, thank you so much Homunculus,” you smiled and tapped the flask with your fingernail. “For what?” the Homunculus asked, “Because you gave us knowledge.” You smiled, “We’re able to live a good life like this. We’re also happy to be in Master’s favor. It may be possible that I can marry someone in the future and start my own family.” Van spoke, “A family, eh? Humans are inconvenient creatures, aren’t they? The species can’t live on unless they create a community and expand.” Homunculus spoke, “Don’t talk like that. It may be stupid in your eyes, but having friends and family may bring one happiness. For us humans, that is.” Van explained, as he put his arm around you. “Really?” the flask asked, “Then what do you consider happiness?” you asked, “Let’s see… I don’t want to be too greedy, but I guess being able to leave this flask would make me happy.” Homunculus spoke.

* * *


As you and Van were taking a walk through town you heard people talking about something disturbing. “The village to the north was raided?” a man spoke, “I heard everyone there was killed.” A woman spoke, “And the same thing happened in the village to the west last time.” Another man spoke; “I wonder who’s behind it…” the first man spoke.

“How terrible.” Van spoke, “Yeah, how awful.” Homunculus spoke.

* * *


The years went by and you were at the age of 15 now, almost 16 in a few weeks. Looking more beautiful then ever. Hohenheim had aged too, growing his beard and looking a lot stronger then he use to be.

You were waiting where the Homunculus told you as Van and some guards went to get the King to prepare for the ceremony to make him immortal. The king cut his finger with a blade and let his blood fall into the pot in the centre.

“That’s amazing. The King is going to become immortal.” Van spoke, “I guess it’s what they call the turning point of the century.” Homunculus spoke as black smoke started to cover the room.

Suddenly black arms extended from the floors, you grabbed onto Van scared of them.

“So this is immortality.” The King spoke as some men suddenly dropped to the floor, “What’s this?! You said since we’re in the center of it, we wouldn’t be harmed!” The King fell to the floor, you stood there in horror. “What? What’s happening?! Hey! Homunculus!” Van was shocked, “The true center of the transmutation circle is where you’re both standing right now.” The Homunculus spoke, “What?!” you were shocked and scared, “I opened the gate using both of your blood inside of me. You’re a relative that shares my blood, Hohenheim! And you’re my partner, Reaka! Right now, you and I are at the center of the world!” the Homunculus spoke.

A huge eye appeared on the ground and you both disappeared inside it.

You felt your body being torn apart on the inside, “REAKA!” Van called, “HOHENHEIM!” you both reached out for each other but only your fingers touched briefly as you both vanished.

You woke up being shaken by Van as you stared at him, “Van?” you asked, “My Master is dead! Everyone is dead…” Van pulled you up and dragged you to the outside where you saw everyone was laying on the floor.

You both walked through your home, hoping to find someone alive. “Is anyone here?!” Van called, you stopped when you saw some of your friends, “Mori…” you ran over to her body and checked her pulse, but nothing was there. “Nobody is alive Van… everyone is gone…” tears appeared in your eyes as you picked up Mori in your arms cradling her, you screamed out in pain as tears fell down your face. Van walked over and pulled you towards him, “Let’s keep moving,” Van spoke.

You both stopped at a point where you looked over a huge area of your home. Everyone down the road and in the main center was dead. Just lying there on the floor. Nothing moving and no sound to be heard. “Please… someone, say something.” Van spoke.

“It’s no use. Everyone has had their souls taken from them.” A voice spoke. You both looked back seeing a man who you thought to be the King, “Your Majesty! You were all right…” Van knelt down as you followed him, “So… How do you like your new bodies?” you were both confused, you looked up seeing a man who looked just like Van Hohenheim. “It’s… me…” Van spoke, “I created a body for myself using the information stored in your blood Van. Keeping some of Reaka’s traits though. Finally, I can walk with my own two feet.” You recognized who it was, “You’re… Homunculus? What is this?! What did you do?!” you demanded, “In return for you both giving me blood, I gave you names and shared my knowledge with you both. I also gave you an eternal bodies.” Homunculus explained, you froze, “Eternal?” Van asked, “Try focusing all of your consciousness into yourself.” Homunculus pointed at you both.

You did so and heard people talking and screaming inside of your head, tears appeared at the corner of your eyes, “Can’t you hear them? The voices of all the people, who lived in this country, sacrificed for your immortal body. Well, a third of them went to me.” Homunculus explained, “Thanks for your help, Hohenheim. Rea.” Homunculus thanked. Hohenheim screamed out.

* * *


Shooting up from your bed screaming with tears in your eyes.

“Reaka?” you saw Buccaneer looking worriedly at you, “I’m fine… just a nightmare.” You sighed trying to catch your breath, “Could… I have a shower please…” you asked. “Sure… I’ll tell you what’s happened since your long sleep…” Buccaneer spoke.

“How long was I out?” you asked as you started to undress, Buccaneer had his back to you the whole time. Buccaneer was one of the few men you could trust like this, “The Major General has been taken to Central and has replaced the seat of Raven,” Buccaneer spoke as you turned the hot water on, “Winry has gone missing Edward and Alphonse are with Major Miles though Alphonse has gone to find Winry and the group she’s with tell them the change of their plans… though Major Miles said that when he comes back he’ll try and get you out of here and sent to wherever you want to go.” Buccaneer explained, “Ok… when he does get me out I want a ride straight to Resembool,” you spoke, “Resembool?” Buccaneer asked, “Alphonse, Edward and Winry’s home village. If they ever got split up I always told them when they were young and couldn’t find their way to head over to Winry’s. They will probably follow that advice if they are split up,” you explained smiling to yourself thinking about Edward and how much you missed him at this moment.