Older Then Time, Loving Forever

The Abyss

Buccaneer told you the recent news of Alphonse going to tell the other’s about Central Army taking control of Briggs and you were released from your prison. “Let me go to Baschool and help Edward and Alphonse please,” you asked, the men from Central glared at you suspiciously, “If you don’t let me then I will have to force you to let me, and I’m pretty sure that people at Central have told you what I’m very capable of doing,” a death glare appeared on your face, scaring the men slightly, “O-Ok… you, escort this girl to Baschool,” the man in charge pointed at another man from Central.

As you walked out following your ‘guard’ you winked at Buccaneer as he grinned, “Later Buccy…” you waved, “What did I say about-” Buccaneer yelled but was stopped by one of his fellow soldiers from Briggs. You laughed and waved as the door closed.

Arriving in Baschool you jumped out and immediately took off when you heard an explosion and saw smoke in the air.

Running to it you found yourself near a mine. You heard Edward yell out suddenly, “EDWARD!” you called, “Rea?” Edward called; you ran in the smoke but suddenly were attacked by a huge chimera. “REA!” Edward saw you get pushed down by the chimera, but another one came out and grabbed Edward by his throat, “Quit resisting, Fullmetal Alchemist! There’s no way for you to run since we can track you by scent!” the lion man spoke, “Shut up!” Edward clapped his hands together creating the blade on his automail and stabbing the lion in his arm; kicking him back in the process.

Edward ran towards you quickly before the other man went to punch you, Edward kicked him back and pulled you up. “How did you get out?” Edward asked, as you both stood back to back. “People in Central talk about my scary ways of persuasion and when I threatened the new Central guards… they let me go,” you smirked, “I’m noticing a new side to Rea?” Edward joked, “It’s a side you’ve always known but never asked about,” you replied as the Chimera’s suddenly attacked.

“Fullmetal!” a man called, “What’s going on?! Where are you? Respond!” you recognized Miles voice, “Miles! Don’t come in the smoke, there are two Chimera’s here… they have a good sense of smell so they have the advantage in this situation!” you called, “Rea?!” Miles was shocked to hear your voice, “Stay out of the smoke!” Edward called. You got kicked back by the lion man and landed out of the smoke. You suddenly heard Edward yell out and a crash a moment after, “Edward!” you yelled, “I’m fine!” Edward called.

“Miss. Morden, please, stay here with us, it’s a lot safer,” a guard spoke, “But I’m the immortal one here I can’t die… so I should be fighting,” you cringed when you tried to stand up. Your leg had broken in two and the bone was sticking out of your leg, “Shit… that’s going to kill when it heals…” you closed your eyes tightly.

* * * Edward’s POV * * *


I made the Dynamite explode into Ammonia after using some material to block my nose. Walking in the mine I saw Kimblee looking a bit shocked, “What’s that smell?!” he asked, “Ammonia. I guess there’s a downside to having too keen a sense of smell. These guys are toast.” I stood up, “So this is how you’re going to act as soon as your hostages are released?” Kimblee smirked, “Don’t know what you’re talking about.” Edward snapped, “Well your girlfriend was suddenly released wasn’t she, waiting up above for you. I’ve known her for quite a while… and I’ve gotten to know her really, really well,” Kimblee had a disgusting look in his eye, which pissed me off.

“I’m just here to beat all the information you know out of you.” I snapped, “Christ, you’re so hot-blooded. Fighting with a young man like yourself during my convalescence would surely break my bones. And I don’t have time to play with you either. I guess I’ll be using this, then,” Kimblee pulled out his philosopher’s stone.

He just saved me the trouble of searching for it!

I ran straight for him as fast as I could. Which by the look on Kimblee’s face surprised him, I dodged one of his attacks then ran around his back catching Kimblee off guard and kicking the stone out of his hands then cutting through the palm of his hand just before he decided to blow up the place.

He lost his philosopher’s stone, and his transmutation circle is no longer useable!

I win! Is that what you’re thinking? The determination not to kill. An admirable policy. But that’s just asking for your enemy to take advantage of you during battle. You should have killed me at that moment.” Kimblee shown another stone in his mouth, a more rounded shaped philosopher’s stone.

* * * Reaka’s POV * * *


“EDWARD!” you screamed as you saw the mine starting to collapse, “Miss. Reaka! Stay back!” a guard grabbed you, Miles pulled you back, “EDWARD! ED!” you kept screaming his name, but the sounds of the metal crashing down and the cement cracking was too loud for you to her yourself.

After it died down you fell on your knees, “EDWARD!” you screamed.

* * * Edward’s POV * * *


“EDWARD!” I heard Reaka scream above, “I can’t… let her cry over something stupid like this…” I spoke, clapping my hands I destroyed the back part of the steel bar through my body. Struggling to move I clapped my hands again and lifted the metal off of the two chimeras.

“Damn that Kimblee…” the lion spoke, “Yo, Fullmetal. You alive? Why did you save us?” the gorilla man asked me, “You’re hurt far worse than us.” The Lion spoke, “Don’t… get the wrong idea… I… need someone to pull… this thing out… of my abdomen.” I spoke, “You’re asking us to pull that steel frame out of you? We’re technically enemies, you know.” The lion replied, “Yeah… please.” I asked.

“Well, we weren’t ordered to kill you or anything. Let’s see.” The gorilla man pulled me up and I leaned back on him as the lion was in front of me. “But if we pull that out, you’re going to bleed out in an instant.” The lion spoke, “As soon as it leaves my body… I’m going to seal the wound… before I bleed to death. You see if I die… Rea will just beat me up…” I smirked wincing all the more at the pain in my stomach, “Are you experienced in medical alchemy at all?” the lion asked, “I’ve attempted human transmutation in the past… so I studied the main points.” I explained, “The main points? I’m pretty sure your organs are shredded to pieces… If you don’t have a philosopher’s stone like Sir Kimblee does…” the gorilla man explained.

“That’s why I’m going to use my life instead of a philosopher’s stone…” I explained, “What?!” the gorilla man was shocked, “It may shorten my life span by a bit, though… I just want to see Reaka again…” I smiled, “Is that okay?” the lion man asked, “I don’t have time to dawdle. If this injury was caused by my softness… then I have to clean up after myself.” I winced, then smiled, “Rea would of most likely slapped me by now,” I smirked.

We suddenly heard a scream up top, “What was that?” the gorilla asked, “SHIT! MY LEG!” I recognized Reaka’s voice and laughed a tiny bit but winced when the lion grabbed the steel frame. “That was Reaka… she is always so loud,” I smiled, “Your girl?” the lion man asked, “Yes…” I smiled.

“I don’t really get it, but you don’t have much time to waste. I’m pulling it out.” The lion man explained, I nodded.

Taking in a deep breath preparing myself for the worst experience of my life. “Do it, please.” I prepared myself.

I need to think of my life as a form or energy…

The pain overwhelmed me but I concentrated on my goal.

The same as… a philosopher’s stone!

That’s right! Right now, I’m nothing more than a philosopher’s stone made out of one soul!

Think back, and try to remember that feeling!

That feeling… of using… life!!


The bar was out! I clapped my hands and immediately touched my skin sealing the wound.

“Is he dead?” the gorilla spoke, “Don’t just write me off like that…” I whispered, “Oh, it worked?!” the gorilla asked, “It’s not completely healed. It’s just a temporary measure of linking the undamaged tissues… to stop the bleeding.” I explained, “Then we need to get you to a doctor!” the lion spoke, “No, I don’t have time… for that…” I said standing up, “H-Hey!” the men both spoke, “I need to go after Kimblee… else… everyone will be in danger… especially Reaka…” I fell forward collapsing out of pain.

Man… if Reaka knew that she’d slap me for sure calling me a baby.