Older Then Time, Loving Forever

The Adults' Way of Life

* * * Edward’s POV * * *


Myself and Scar went back to see if the Colonel was alright, but he had his foot on Envy, Hawkeye had her gun at his head. I transmuted the ground to throw Envy towards me as I caught him in my hand, “Fullmetal. Hand him over.” The Colonel glared at me, his eyes were full of hatred, “I’ll say it once more. Hand him over.” The Colonel glared at me intently, holding his hand out. “I refuse.” I spoke.

Staring each other down I was worried the Colonel would do something completely reckless, “He deserves the worst death possible.” The Colonel spoke, “I refuse.” I simple said, “Hand him over! If not, I’ll set your right arm ablaze along with him!” The Colonel yelled, “Well said! I’ll fight you head-on! But before we get to that, take a good look in the mirror! Do you plan on standing at the top of this country with a face like that?! That’s… That’s not what you’ve been working your ass off for, is it?!” I yelled trying to get through to Roy, making him calm down and hopefully make him see that this was wrong. What he was doing is wrong!!

“So you’re going to let your emotions take over and descend to the path of a savage. I guess that’s fine. If you’re going to insist on living for revenge, I won’t stop you.” Scar explained, “Hey!” I looked back at him in annoyance, “I don’t have the right to interfere with someone’s revenge. I’m just interested to see what kind of world will be created by someone held prisoner by hatred.” Scar explained, that seemed to shock Roy.

“I won’t let you kill Envy, Colonel. But still, I don’t plan on letting Envy live either. I’ll take care of him.” Hawkeye explained, “I… I finally tracked him down!” the Colonel clenched his fist, “I know that! But… But what you’re about to do isn’t for the sake of the country, and it’s not for the sake of helping your comrades either. Your trying to dispel your hatred. That intent alone is gnawing at your heart. You can’t fall down that path.” Hawkeye spoke.

The Colonel sighed, “Shoot me if you want. But what will you do after you kill me?” the Colonel asked, “I don’t plan on living free and easy. After this battle is over, I plan on taking flame alchemy, an art that brings about madness, to the grave along with my body.” Hawkeye explained, the Colonel snapped his fingers and sent an explosion down another tunnel.

“That won’t do. I… can’t lose you. What’s with this situation, I wonder. Being scolded by a child, and being cautioned by a man who had been after my life for revenge. I made you go through something dreadful again. I’m the biggest idiot in the world.” The Colonel held the gun in Hawkeye’s hand, “I’m sorry.” The Colonel spoke and fell on his knees. So did the Lieutenant.

“Are you guys retarded? Now you’re just sugarcoating your words? Are you playing a game of ‘let’s be humane’? You’re making my skin crawl. Are you humans really that extravagant? Just do what your instincts tell you! You haven’t forgotten, have you, Colonel Mustang? Scar’s been after your life! If I recall… it was also Scar who killed the runt’s friend’s parents too, right? Oh yeah, and the chimera made from the girl and the dog from East City! Wasn’t it also Scar who killed them? And on the other hand, you, Scar! What happened to that hatred you had, due to so many of your brethren being killed in Ishbal?! That woman over there got all puffed up from being called the ‘Hawk’s Eye’ and shot to death many of your friends! This is the greatest chance for all of you! Come on, just do it! The cast is assembled! Hate, cry, kill, be killed, and writhe in agony! Get down on all fours! There’s no way you pieces of shit can just hold hands and be jolly! Come on, puny runt. Come on, Hawkeye. Mustang! Scar!” Envy tried his best to taunt us, but we all knew the reality of things, he just wanted to twist them, in a way, we felt sorry for him.

“W-Why? Hey, why? Hey. Hey! Hey! Why is this happening?! W-Why?! Why the hell?!” Envy cried, “Envy. You’re… jealous of humans. Humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than you homunculi, but even if they got discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their path, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get on their feet. And you’re envious of those humans.” I spoke, Envy just looked at me not saying anything for a while.

“Humans… Humans…” Envy spoke then tried to get out of my grip, “Hey! Stop trying to get away!” I snapped, “Whoa, hang on!” I spoke and went to grab him with my other hand but Envy bit it. I dropped him on the floor as he stopped. Hawkeye went to shoot him, “Hold it. He doesn’t have much longer.” Scar spoke, “This is a disgrace. Being turned into a rag like this… Being beaten up by you humans… Beaten by an existence on the same level as shit… And to make matters worse, a brat like you who’s shitty even by a human’s standards…” Envy suddenly started to cry, “Dammit…! Dammit! This is a disgrace! A disgrace! I, Envy, am jealous of humans? I, Envy?! It’s the greatest disgrace… to be understood by a brat like you.” Envy cried, he sat back on his hind legs, “I don’t know how much longer you can get away with sugarcoating your words, but do try your best.” Envy started to pull out his philosopher’s stone and then destroyed it.

He started to turn to ash on the floor, “Good-bye… Edward Elric,” Envy vanished, I was shocked by his sudden act.

* * * Reaka’s POV * * *


You walked behind Van heading towards Father in the centre of the room. “Just you two?” Father spoke then closed his book, “I figured you’d bring your sons.” Father spoke towards Hohenheim, “It doesn’t take very many people to scold a brat who committed a blunder, does it? The Dwarf in the Flask. Homunculus.” Van spoke, “Slave Number 23, Slave Number 39, the man and woman who gave me a part of their body. This time, you’ll become a part of my body, Hohenheim. And you Reaka will stay with me forever.” Father stood up.

* * * Edward’s POV * * *


“Huh? That’s strange, I could have sworn it was this way… No, was it that way?” I looked down each arch we passed, “Are you lost, Fullmetal?” the Colonel spoke, “Shut up! We’re lost because we came back to make sure that a certain incompetent moron wasn’t doing anything dumb!” I snapped, “No one asked you to do it.” The Colonel replied, “I’m surprised you can say that! If Scar and I hadn’t been there, you definitely would of fallen from the right path!” I yelled, “Quit demanding my gratitude. It’s thanks to the Lieutenant that I was able to stop myself.” The Colonel explained, “What did you say?!” I yelled.

* * * Reaka’s POV * * *


“You’re being so sullen even though we’re in the middle of a heartfelt reunion?” Van spoke, you glared at Father, “You’ve gotten really boring.” You folded your arms, “You used to be pretty fun, with all those emotions.” Van added.

“Lust,” you spoke.
“Greed,” Van continued
“Sloth,” you smirked,
“Gluttony,” Van glanced at you,
“Envy,” you glanced at Van,
“Wrath,” Van spoke,
“And pride,” you finished, “They say man has seven sins. Too much greed would certainly destroy one’s self, but on the other hand, all of those emotions are absolutely necessary to understand other humans. Why did you let go of them?” Van asked, red light appeared from the ground as Father went to attack you both, Van pushed you back from the fight as it was a fight of alchemic skills.

Father sent Van into the air on a podium, but Van created stairs leading down, “Geez, that was dangerous.” Van spoke, Father broke one of the pipes and sent it to the destroy the stairs Van was walking down, “Van!” you screamed as he fell, “Listen to what I have to say!” Van yelled, as Father created a trap waiting below him, “You’re kidding me!” Van yelled as he fell inside, you ran out the way as the attacks were taking up a lot of room.

Van created a door on the trap and walked out, “Cut it out man. I’m not too good at fighting.” Van spoke, Father sent spikes towards him. Van jumped back towards you, creating a dragon head coming out of the ground flying towards Father who did the same towards Van. The dragon heads clashed in the middle and bits of stone flew about the room, “Answer me! Why did you create the homunculi, keep them by your side, and have them call you ‘Father’ and Reaka ‘Mother’?!” Van called as he created more dragons to attack Father, who only defended himself, “Back when you were in the flask, you used to even make fun of the community known as a family! Could it be that you actually wanted a family like other humans have?” Van asked, and all the alchemy in the room stopped.

Suddenly Father went underground, which shocked you both, you ran quickly over to where he was and touched the ground where he once stood, “Where is he?!” you turned around towards Van, who had a painful look on his face, “Van?” you asked, seeing the red light behind Father’s face came in sight, “It’s not that I want to become human. I want to become a perfect being. I’m going to be taking… the philosopher’s stone that’s inside of you.” Father spoke, “VAN!” you screamed and went running over to stop Father but he used a small power of his alchemy to make the pipes grab you and bring you down on your knees holding you down, on your knees with your hands held horizontal almost pulling them from your body.

Father let go of Van and he fell down on one knee, “Van…” you spoke, confused by what just happened. “Finally, your expression changed.” Van looked back at Father, “What did you do?” Father asked, as his hand shook, “Something you didn’t do. You probably won’t understand. You threw away something important along with your emotions.” Van spoke, “Something important?” Father asked, “Don’t even think you’ll be able to defeat us easily.” Van glared.

* * *


You were still chained to the pipes as Van explained what the simple difference was, “Sergence was a master carpenter. He often came to the palace for repairs. Remember him? And his son, Dozle, looked up to his father and worked hard in order to succeed him. And Caiya, the florist girl. She was kind and thoughtful. Sari, the horse owner, really loved to drink. We got along well. Little boy Tommy’s dream was to become a scholar. Gidalush was a chef. He once got fired for giving a free meal to a traveler with no money. Andal, a fellow slave, hated me for gaining the master’s favor. Zul was a hopeless villain and was only awaiting his execution, but apparently he wants to get back at you before that.” Van explained, you smiled to yourself, you had spoken to some of the people inside you like Van did himself.

“Get back at me?” Father asked, “Those are the souls that just infiltrated your body. They’re cooperating with me for the sole purpose of defeating you.” Van explained, “You’re saying that the philosopher’s stone is working together with you, each one retaining its own will? When they’re nothing but an energy form?” Father asked, “Do you think its impossible? It almost drove me nuts to deal with these crazed souls one by one. But I had plenty of time to talk to them. Thanks to this immortal body you gave me.” Van explained, “You talked to them?” Father asked, “That’s right. And that’s precisely what you didn’t do. I’ve already spoken to every single one of the 536329 people inside me.” Van spoke.

Just then a spike appeared out of Father’s head. “D-Damn you…!” Father snarled, “Go back to where you came from, the dwarf in the flask, Homunculus. Sorry, but I’m going to be destroying your container.” Van spoke as several more spikes appeared out of Father’s body. “Tearing apart your skin is the same thing as breaking your flask. You’ll turn into dust. Experience the will of the ones you looked down on.” Van spoke.

You sensed something darker coming, seeing his blood ripped unnaturally on the floor you looked at Van in worry as the spikes returned inside Father’s body and then a new pitch black form landed back besides you, you struggled against the pipes trying to get free. Homunculus was a black humanoid figure with white teeth showing as he grinned, eating the flesh he survived in. “Aren’t you the one who’s looking down on someone, Hohenheim?” Homunculus pointed at Van, “You can survive even after abandoning your skin?” Van asked, “Don’t think for a moment that you fools are the only ones who progressed.” Homunculus spoke as many eyes appeared on his body, looking like Prides shadow. “Didn’t I tell you that I’ll become a perfect being?” Homunculus smirked.

Homunculus looked down at you as you looked at him with fear in your eyes, “leave her alone!” Van yelled, but Homunculus rammed his hand between your chest like he did with Hohenheim. “REA!” Van started to run towards you, “If you come any closer not only will I take her philosopher’s stone but I’ll kill her as well,” Homunculus spoke as you started to cough up a little blood, “Rea…” Van looked at you as you smiled a little, “Don’t… ack… bother.” you coughed, “Though… you shouldn’t touch a ladies… chest on a first date,” you smirked as so did Homunculus, “Still got an attitude even when in pain. I knew I chosen well.” He spoke.