Older Then Time, Loving Forever

The One Who Devoured God

* * * Edward’s POV * * *


Waking up I looked around seeing Izumi, Alphonse, the Colonel and Hohenheim were all standing and perfectly fine. “Is everyone alright? What happened?” the Colonel spoke, “You all did good, my human sacrifices.” Father spoke.

“So you did it.” Hohenheim spoke, “Yes. I’ve obtained God himself.” Father spoke as he looked so much younger, could possibly be mistaken to be 20 years old, “God?! That’s impossible…” I snapped, “It’s possible, if one has massive amounts of energy.” Hohenheim glared, “Energy? Ah, the Philosopher’s stone,” I spoke, “No way! Then… everyone’s been turned into Philosopher’s stones?!” Alphonse spoke, “Just how many have been sacrificed?” May stepped forward, “The population of this country is about 50 million,” the Colonel explained.

“Well I did borrow some from your friend,” Father spoke, “Where’s Reaka?!” Hohenheim yelled, Father just pointed down as we saw her lying in front of him. A small pool of blood surrounded her, I was standing there shocked. No movement was coming from Reaka… she couldn’t be… she can’t die… she just can’t…

“Farewell, my friends…” Father spoke and created a light source in his hand. “You, that’s…” Hohenheim spoke, “I can even create a sun in the palm of my hand, now that I’ve obtained God. Shall I release it here and see what happens?” Father spoke then froze and looked away slightly.

“The moment you obtained God was the very moment the counterattack began. For years and years, I’ve planned over and over again, and released my comrades the Philosopher’s Stones inside me, into the soil of this country to prepare for this very day. You noticed something was wrong as soon as you tried to destroy Reaka didn’t you?” Hohenheim smirked, “So you simply cast Philosopher’s Stones at various points, but their just points. Without a circle, you cannot transmute anything. It’s one of the basics of Alchemy.” Father explained, “I do have a circle. I have one of unfathomable power that will activate on its own when needed! It’s the shadow cast by the Moon on the Earth during an eclipse!” Hohenheim explained as Father winced, “You’ll get in my way no matter what, Hohenheim?!” Father yelled, “I came here for that very reason, dwarf inside the flask, ‘Homunculus’!” Hohenheim yelled.

I was shocked by seeing what was happening. Red lights shot out of Father, one of the last ones that came out of him shot inside Reaka. She winced and her hand clenched into a fist. “Reaka!” I called, she looked up at me and staggered towards me slowly, I caught her in my arms and looked over at Father, “Did we win?” I asked, “The souls of the Amestrians have each been returned to their original bodies, and Reaka is finally mortal.” Hohenheim explained, Reaka gasped and looked up at Hohenheim, “With just the souls of the Xerxians he originally had, he can no longer contain the entity we call ‘God’.” Hohenheim finished.

“All I need to do is create more Philosopher’s Stones. There’s more energy in the form of humans than I’ll ever need!” Father sent an attack towards Hohenheim who deflected it upward.

* * * Reaka’s POV * * *


Edward was holding you close keeping you safe from Homunculus as he sent another attack towards you all, but May created a transmutation circle keeping you all safe inside, “May!” Alphonse spoke, “Alchehestry’s specialty is to read the flow of energy in the ground, and put it to use! What’s more, the larger the energy of the opponent, the more energy I can put into use!” May explained, “Mister, behind you!” May cried, Homunculus sent an attack to Van who held up his hands keeping the attack at bay. “Dammit! I didn’t make it in time to cancel out his energy!” Van called, “Stand firm, Uncle! Our defense circle is breaking!” May cried.

“I won’t make it!” Van called, Alphonse pushed Van forward to help him, Edward also went to help him, you stood behind Edward and Alphonse and pushed the both of them forward, “Father, stand firm!” Alphonse yelled, “Damn it, you bastard! Don’t you dare lose your focus!” Edward yelled. “Now I’ve done it! I’ve been a terrible father, but now I wanna show my kids my good side!” Van cried, “If we don’t hurry, the Philosopher’s Stones inside father will be used up!” Alphonse spoke, “Hurry up, Scar!” Edward yelled at the top of his lungs.

Moments later, “Here it comes!” Van called, Edward clapped his hands and started an assault on Homunculus and Pride.

“Take that. The throne you’ve been sitting on so condescendingly is in pieces. Don’t think you can just do whatever you want, you bastard! I’ll send both you and this stinking Truth to the skies!” Edward yelled.

The attacks were immense, they were strong and wild, you stood near Van. May walked to him, “Mister, you laid out the Transmutation Circle that would return everyone’s souls?” May asked, “Yeah. It went well. The Reverse Transmutation Circle Scar laid out would correct the Alchemy of this country. Scar’s brother harbored many doubts from the results of his research on this country’s Alchemy and even came to realize the existence of the Amestris Transmutation Circle. Using it as a base, with Alchehestry he imposed on top of it a Reverse Transmutation Circle that would nullify the power of Philosopher’s Stones. With its activation, the crust energy obstructed by the Philosopher’s Stones would become fully useable.” Van explained as the fight continued.

Van went and helped Edward with an attack as you stepped backwards and sighed, “Being mortal at this point makes me useless…” you looked away. You saw Homunculus jump up into the air as he went up to the surface. “After him!” Izumi spoke, “Okay!” Alphonse nodded and ran over to you, May ran towards you as well, creating a beam taking you to the surface, “You may as well drop me off with Roy… I’m useless being mortal.” You spoke, “You still have your ultimate strength don’t you?” Alphonse asked, you froze and looked at him, “I dunno…” you spoke, you went light headed for a second.

* * *


We’re taking the homunculus powers for you Reaka, it was a wish of Hohenheim we do so, but you will no longer be immortal, this is to help on defeating the bad boy… the powers will vanish after today,” A voice spoke as Homunculus’ hand shot through your chest. “REAKA!” Edward screamed.

* * *


“I… have the powers of the homunculi… but I’m… mortal…” you spoke looking at your hands as your nails grew a bit looking like sharp knifes, “The souls of Xerves stole the Homunculus’ powers and gave them to me for the day to stop Father…” you were shocked, “That’s good news right?” Alphonse asked, “I guess so,” you spoke as you all appeared on the surface.