Older Then Time, Loving Forever

Beyond the Gate

Edward was beating the crap out of Homunculus until he fell to the ground, by this time Darius had come over to help you and take you to some soldiers who bandaged up your leg.

The soldiers began to cheer and jump for joy until another fierce reaction occurred. Homunculus stood up, “Stone… Philosopher’s Stone!” Homunculus ran to Greed and stuck his hand in his stomach, “Give me your Philosopher’s Stone!” Homunculus yelled, “Greed!” you yelled.

You could see Greed was fighting the process, “Come, Lan fan!” Greed yelled, she jumped over and sliced Homunculus’ arm off and cut the connection, “Greed!” Ling called. “Greed!” Edward ran over to Ling. “Greed, you bastard.” Homunculus struggled to move as his body changed to another substance. “Greed! Why do you disobey your father?!” Homunculus yelled, “Come on Greed… my son… help us out,” you muttered.

“You’re a cunning brat! Disappear! Fool!” Homunculus pulled Greed out from his mouth, “Greed!” you called, Greed looked down at Edward and Ling then to you, “This is enough… Mother…” Greed spoke, you were shocked, tears appeared in the corner of your eyes, “Greed…” you smiled as he vanished, Edward then punched Homunculus through his chest and more souls disappeared from his body.

“Stones… my philosopher’s stone…” Homunculus spoke, arms appeared “W-What, what’s this?!” Homunculus spoke, “Go back to where you came from, dwarf inside the flask, ‘Homunculus’!” Edward glared, they started to grab his body, he looked around at you, “Reaka! Help me!” he called, “Why?! I wanted to know everything about this world! To be bound by nothing, to be free in this wide world! I gave you a family Reaka… but… you threw it away… I still… love… you!” Homunculus called just as he was pulled inside himself and vanished.

Van looked back at you, “I thought… he could never love…” you spoke, “the dwarf in the flask did care for you, he brought you up more or less, it was also because of the blood you gave him, if you please… made him infatuated of you.” Van explained.

You all went over to Al’s body, Darius carried you over and gently placed you down next to Edward as you put your hand on his shoulder. “I’m sorry… I’m sorry!” May cried, “It’s not your fault. It’s what Al decided.” Edward spoke, “Ed. I have the ‘toll’ you need. Use this Philosopher’s Stone. Use this to bring Al back.” Ling spoke holding up the small bottle, “I can’t, I promised Al we’d never use the Philosopher’s Stone to regain our original bodies.” Edward punched the floor.

You could feel him shaking under your hands. You slowly knelt down next to Edward, “Edward. Use my life to bring Al back. I have just enough for one person.” Van walked over with the help of Izumi, what he said shocked you both. “You idiot! There’s no way I can do that! It’s our own fault that we lost our own bodies! Didn’t I already say a million times we’d never use the lives of others to regain our original bodies?! Why would you sacrifice your life anyway?!” Edward yelled, “Because I’m your father. It’s not about necessity or reason. You are both important to me. I want you both to be happy. I am partly responsible for leaving you both behind, resulting in what happened to your bodies. I’m sorry. I’ve lived long enough. Let me be a father to you at the very end.” Van explained.

Edward closed his eyes, “Don’t be stupid, you shit of a father! If you dare say that again, I’ll kick your ass!” Edward yelled, tears poured from his eyes. You were so shocked to see him cry, you grabbed onto him and comforted Edward. “I’m sorry, Edward.” Van spoke, Edward wiped his eyes and looked back at Alphonse.

He then looked up at Roy and Riza, then at his hands. You saw a small smile on his face as he looked up at May, then looked around at everyone else and finished by looking in your eyes. Edward clenched his fists, “May, Rea. Move away for a bit please.” Edward smiled, he picked up a bar and started to make sketches on the floor.

When he finished the drawing you recognized the symbols.

It was a Human Transmutation Circle.

Edward thrown the bar on the floor, “I’ll be right back. This will be the Fullmetal Alchemist’s final transmutation.” Edward clapped his hands and touched the circle, “Edward!” you called as he vanished.

* * * Edward’s POV * * *


For the last time, I was standing in the white void, with the Gate of Truth behind me.

“Have you come to take your brother back? But how will you take an entire person with you? What will you offered? You’re offering your entire body?” the Truth asked, “If you’re talking about the toll, here it is. It’s a big one, too. This is my Gate of Truth. How I decide to use it is up to me. Am I right?” I smirked, the Truth laughed, “Are you sure, though? Once you lose your Gate of Truth, you won’t be able to practice Alchemy ever again.” The Truth spoke, “Indeed. All there is to Alchemy is beyond the gate. But, it’s also why we’re been manipulated. It’s because we were shown things like the Truth that we believe we can solve everything with Alchemy. But, that’s wrong. It’s nothing but pride.” I explained, “You’re willing to lower yourself to an ordinary human, unable to use any Alchemy?” the Truth smirked, “It’s not about lowering myself. I was an ordinary human form the start. I wasn’t even able to save a girl who was turned into a chimera. I’m just a mere human.” I explained, “Will you really be alright without Alchemy?” the Truth asked.

I pictured everyone’s faces in my mind.

Alphonse.

Roy.

Riza.

Lan Fan.

Pinako.

Armstrong.

Ling.

May.

Winry.

And Reaka’s smiling face.

“Even if I don’t have my Alchemy. I still have everyone.” I grinned, “That’s the correct answer. Alchemist! You’ve defeated me.” The Truth spoke as I clapped my hands and touched my Gate of Truth. “Take it all!” the Truth spoke as the door broke, “The back door is over there, Edward Elric.” The Truth pointed behind themselves, where behind I saw Alphonse waiting for me.

I walked over to him and held his arms, “Why were you so rash?” I asked with a smiled, “You too, Brother.” Alphonse smiled as the door opened, “Alright, let’s go home. Together.” I smiled, “Yeah.” Alphonse nodded.

* * * Reaka’s POV * * *


Edward came back… with Alphonse.

You covered him up with a blanket as he slept. Alphonse woke up slowly as you smiled, “Ooh, he woke up!” Zampano smiled, “Are you alright, Alphonse?” Darius asked, “Zampano, Darius. Everyone… Dad!” Alphonse smiled, “Yo. Welcome back,” Van smiled and held out his hand, Edward helped Alphonse sit up as they shook hands, “It’s so warm.” Alphonse smiled, “Al… Alphonse!” May hugged Alphonse, “May! I… I see. I must’ve worried you. Thank you, May.” Alphonse smiled.

As the day carried on, your leg was bandaged as Edward spoke to Mrs. Bradley about her son and told her some of the things that happened.

* * * Van Hohenheim’s POV * * *


I was standing by myself where Homunculus vanished. “That’s right, dwarf inside the flask, Homunculus. You were born from my blood. I…” I spoke, “Hohenheim, sir. Both of your sons have been taken into the hospital safely.” The man called Armstrong approached me, “Ah, thanks. I appreciate it.” I bowed forward a little, “No. I’m the one who’s thankful. Edward Elric and Alphonse Elric. If it weren’t for them, this country would’ve been annihilated. Thank you so much.” Armstrong bowed to me.

A feeling of joy and happiness overwhelmed me, making me shake like a nervous wreck.

At that point I turned and walked off before anyone else could see me cry.

I headed back to Resembool for the last time, I walked over to Trisha’s grave and knelt down.

“I’m back, Trisha. Edward called me ‘father’. He did say ‘shit of a father’, though. I used to think that living a life longer than normal was nothing but tiresome. But, since I met you and our sons, for the first time, I felt glad to be alive, from the bottom of my heart. It’s been a fulfilling life. Yeah. It’s enough… Thank you, Trisha. Ah, but… in the end, I really don’t want to die. I really am hopeless. Reaka will kill me…” I smiled as my last breath faded.