Older Then Time, Loving Forever

Journey's End

“Are you ok?” Edward asked Alphonse as he was sitting on the stone cobble wall, you hopped over to him, “come on Al, if I can hobble along you can hobble along too,” you smiled, “I didn’t expect my muscles to have atrophied this much.” Alphonse looked up smiling, “Want me to carry you?” Edward asked, “Nah, it’s fine.” Alphonse smiled, “You can carry me though,” you battered your eye lids at Edward who pouted and looked away, “Why should I carry someone who can walk on there own,” Edward spoke, “Hey… I’m your woman so you should look after me,” you moaned, Edward smirked at you.

“I’ll walk home slowly, so go on ahead, you two.” Alphonse smiled, “Nope. We left together, so we’ll return home together.” Edward spoke, Alphonse stood up, Edward prepared himself just incase Alphonse fell, “Well then, let’s go home together.” Alphonse smiled, “Yeah.” Edward nodded.

You watched the two boys walk ahead, a memory flashed of you seeing the same two boys but much younger. They started talking to themselves.

You smiled sweetly, and thought of Van, who you had been told recently died when he returned here, “I’m going to kill you when I next see you Van,” you mumbled to yourself, “Leaving me here, like a lost sheep,” you smirked and started walking as Edward and Alphonse looked back at you, Edward waved and Alphonse just smiled, “leaving me here with your two amazing sons… I guess I am in good hands now…” you stumbled along, and giggled.

“What’s so funny?” Alphonse asked, “Nothing… just thinking about Van,” you smiled and carried on walking.

As you started getting close to the house you all heard Den barking as he came bounding over and knocked Alphonse over licking him, “Den, that tickles!” Alphonse laughed.

The door opened a moment later and you saw Winry standing they’re looking at you three. She came bounding down the stairs and tackled you all to the ground, “Welcome home, you dummies!” Winry had tears fall down her face, “Yeah.” Edward nodded, “We’re home!” Alphonse smiled.

* * * One Month Later * * *


“Reaka,” Pinako spoke, “Yes?” you looked at her as you were ready with your bags packed, “I just remembered I needed to give you something, Hohenheim left it for you,” Pinako spoke. Edward and Alphonse looked up from their dinner as Pinako gave you an envelope, you opened it and looked at the letter;

Dear Reaka, My Best Friend,

I honestly don’t know where to start, at the beginning or half way through our long journey, but all the time we spent together I do not regret it.

You probably want to kill me because I died before you could save my life yourself, but… in fact you did save me, many times. Without you, probably wouldn’t of been able to live with myself for what happened in Xerves, but having you by my side and knowing we we’re in this together made me carry on. I’m happy that you have met my son’s and you had taught them some things yourself, now you have the chance to live a happy and fulfilling life.

Something you always wanted.

Please, fulfill your life with happiness, its all I want for you.

Van Hohenheim


By the end you were in tears as Pinako held her hand up holding something, “there was also a letter for me, asking me to return this and say, ‘I kept this with me so I knew you would always be there for me, and now our journey has come to an end, I will return it’.” Pinako explained as she dropped a small chain in your hand, “My necklace… I thought I lost this after the incident in Xerves…” you smiled and looked at the little diamond heart, attached to a small gold chain.

“Reaka?” Edward asked, “I’m fine, your father was a brilliant man, you should be happy to have such a man as your father, because I know he is a happy man to have such wonderful amazing sons,” you smiled.

“I’m heading off now, gotta catch my train… I’ve got a chance to help this country get back on track, and I’m going to take it,” you explained and walked over to Edward, “Wait for me,” you smiled, “You know I will,” Edward grinned, you kissed his forehead, “Bye then,” you waved.

Walking down the road tears appeared in your eyes as you put your necklace one, “This isn’t goodbye forever… its goodbye for now,” you muttered.

Waiting at the train station you saw your train pull up.

“Reaka!” you look back at Edward running down the road, “take care,” Edward smiled, “I will,” you nodded, the train horn bellowed, Edward pulled you towards him into a passionate kiss.

“Goodbye for now,” you smiled and jumped on the train, “Goodbye for now!” Edward waved as you smiled, he ran after the train and then thrown you something. You caught it and looked at Edward confused as he came to the end of the platform.

Don’t open till your 18

Said a note on the top.

“I’ll come back the day before I’m 18 then,” you smirked.

* * * Two Years Later * * *


You walked down the road from your new job towards your new home, you were now 17 the same age as Alphonse, Edward was 18.

You heard Den barking as he came running up to you, “Hello there Den you silly doggy you,” you smiled and stroked Den. “Don’t be pulling on my uniform, Grumman was angry that you got at my jacket before,” you explained, “Reaka?” Winry looked out the door, “Hi there Winry,” you smiled, “You came home just in time,” Winry smiled, “There’s enough food for you as well and the apple pie will have some pieces left for you also,” she added.

You grinned, “It’s also my 18th tomorrow, and something told me to come back then,” you smiled and thought of the little box that Edward had thrown you.

You smiled and followed Winry inside the house quietly, you put your bags down at the door and walked into the dinning room where you saw Alphonse and Edward sitting at the table, “Winry why are there- Reaka?” Edward looked at you shocked, “Yep!” you smiled, “Why didn’t you call to say you were coming back?” Edward asked, “Because I wanted to surprise you,” you smiled, “Welcome back, Reaka,” Alphonse smiled, “You seem to have filled out since we last saw each other,” you joked, “Yea, I’m feeling a lot better now,” Alphonse smiled.

You looked over at Edward as he looked really nervous “What’s wrong?” you asked, “Well… erm…” Edward’s face went red, “What?” you asked again, “You… your…” Edward stuttered, “I think he’s trying to say you’ve changed too,” Alphonse smirked, “Hey! I was trying to say she looks beautiful as she always does,” Edward spoke, “Thank you, I guess you like the uniform on me too since I’ve ‘filled out’ a bit also,” you smirked, Edward’s face went bright red.

That night you went to sleep in Edward’s arm, finding out that Edward and Alphonse we’re going on their own journey’s tomorrow.

* * *


Yourself, Winry and Edward all went to the train station together to see Edward off. “Don’t forget to oil it everyday.” Winry spoke, “Yeah.” Edward replied, “Don’t forget to check the tightness of the screws.” Winry added, “Yeah.” Edward replied, “Don’t forget to dry it after taking a bath.” Winry explained, “Yeah.” Edward spoke, “Wait, are you even listening?” Winry asked, “Yeah.” Edward spoke again, you laughed, “Leave him be Winry, if his automail breaks he’ll think ‘if only I listened to Winry’s instructions’. Won’t you?” you smirked at Edward who only glared at you, “Dummy… Just because you turn 18 today doesn’t mean you can get all cocky,” Edward spoke, “Says the cockiest man I know,” you joked.

The sound of the train was heard not far off, Edward flinched and his nerves rose.

“Reaka… do you have the box I gave you with you?” Edward asked, “The box?” you asked then the small box that Edward had given you once before came to mind, “Yes… its right here,” you pulled it out of your pocket and held it.

Edward swallowed hard, Winry grinned to herself as you were confused, “O-open it…” Edward spoke, “Open it, birthday girl!” Edward hurriedly snapped. Opening the box you saw a small diamond ring, “E-Edward…” you were shocked, “Now what do you say?” Winry smirked at Edward as he started to blush, and then pointed at you.

“It’s Equivalent Exchange!” Edward yelled, “Huh?” you spoke, “I’ll give you half of my life, so give me half of yours!” Edward yelled, he was shocked at his own words sealing his mouth shut. You sighed, “Bloody hell Edward, why are Alchemists like this? Saying stuff like ‘Law of Equivalent Exchange’ like your father did, its confusing… How stupid can you get?!” you spoke, “What’d you say?!” Edward asked, “You’re a real moron. You Moron, I’ll give you all of my life.” You froze at what you just said, “E-Er… well with what my job requires and the amount of time I live away from home I’ll have to give you less then that really… I mean about 90 percent of my time… no wait… that’s still too much… 80… no 70…” you stuttered like the shy child you use to be, Edward began to laugh. “Hey! Edward!” you glared, “Sorry… Sorry…” Edward laughed, “Ed…” you spoke, “You’re incredible, just as I thought. You overturned the Law of Equivalent Exchange like it was nothing.” Edward smiled, “What’s that supposed to mean? Are you making fun of my lack of knowledge?” you asked half embarrassed. “I’m not.” Edward pulled you into a hug taking the small box off of you in the process. “I feel much better now. Thanks. I’ll be back.” Edward spoke, you held Edward close, “Yeah, take care Ed.” You smiled as Edward pulled back and taken your left hand in his as he put the ring on your finger.

“Where you work I want everyone to know what you are already taken,” Edward blushed as you noticed what finger he put the ring on. You held your breath and looked at Edward as the train called out to the last passengers.

You kissed Edward just like before, “I love you,” Edward spoke, “I love you too,” you smile as he stepped back onto the train waving to you both at it left.

“Let me see!” Winry grabbed your hand looking at the ring as the train vanished from sight, “It’s beautiful, though Edward could of done it in a more romantic way,” Winry spoke as you both started to walk back home, “Nope… that’s Edward’s way of being romantic, and it’s just how I like it, he’s my one in a million” you smiled, “I guess you’re the romantic one of the couple then,” Winry smiled, “Ha, ha, I guess so, then again I have picked up some charm from Roy Mustang…” you joked Winry laughed.

This is just what I wanted.

This is the start of my new life…

Thank you, Van Hohenheim

I can now have a family.