Older Then Time, Loving Forever

A Home With A Family Waiting

You walked up the path to a familiar place as you stopped and looked around, “It hasn’t changed much,” you smiled, “Hey! Granny Pinako, I’m gonna need your help again!” Edward called. They walked up the path towards the house as you looked back over the fields, “Man I missed this placed…” you smiled and put your bangs behind your ears.

“Who’re you calling ‘Small’ you half-pint hag?!”

“What did you call me, you little runt?!”

“You heard me, guppy geezer!!”

“Chibi-chump!!”

“Micro-mini Granny!!”

You bowed your head down, “Yep… hasn’t changed,” you sighed and turned around just as you saw Edward get hit on the head with a wrench, “How many times do I have to tell you to call before you come in for maintenance!!” you guessed that it was Winry who was yelling. “Winry, you jerk! You coulda killed me!” Edward yelled, “Ah ha, ha! Welcome back!” Winry yelled.

“Hey Winry!” you waved, Winry was shocked when she saw you, “Reaka?” she questioned, “Yea, long time no see huh?” you smiled, “You haven’t aged a day since we last saw you Reaka,” Pinako explained, “Well you know what condition I’m in Pinako,” you smiled, “Mm, yes, anyway lets get inside,” Pinako said.

You stayed outside as Winry complained at Edward about his ‘broken to bits’ as he put it automail. You stroked Den as Armstrong carried Al to the back where you were and Edward followed and sat down next to you, “So how long will it take?” you asked. “Three days…” Edward explained, “Meh, the days will fly by,” you smiled, “It’s so boring around here… Nothing to do…” Edward lay back on the ground as you frowned, “Things have been so rough lately, maybe taking it easy is not such a bad thing, right?” Alphonse said, “I’m not the kind of person who takes it easy!” Edward waved his arm about, “That’s for sure…” you muttered, “What was that?” Edward looked at you.

You looked back at him, “You never take a day to relax, I bet your muscles are really tense, you need to at least have once a week chill time… seriously Edward… the amount of stories I heard about you guys around central it was like you never had a week off…” you sighed, “Well you seem to be on the move all the time,” Edward sat up, “Yea but I do chill out once in a while, everyone needs to have a break sometimes… and this is now for you and Al,” you stood up and pointed at him, “So just shut up and take a chill pill and relax for a bit, don’t make me hold you down and yell cos I want to relax too,” you pointed.

“I know! If you’re that bored, why don’t you go visit mom’s grave?” Alphonse suggested, “Visit mom’s grave huh… But what about you? You’re in no condition to go anywhere.” Edward spoke, “I don’t want to have to ask the Major to carry me, so I’ll just stay here. We’re leaving for central as soon as the auto-mail’s finished, right? You shouldn’t miss this opportunity to go pay your respects.” Alphonse explained, “You’re right… I guess I’ll go over a there for a little bit.” Edward stood up.

He began to walk off as you sat down, “Actually, Rea? Do you want to come?” Edward asked, “Yea, you were a really good friend of mom,” Alphonse spoke, “If you guys are ok with it?” you asked, “Sure we’re ok with it, I wouldn’t of asked else,” Edward spoke, “Ok.” You smiled.

You, Edward and Den started heading over to Trisha’s grave. “Hey, Edward! What’re you doing back?” A man called, “Long time no see!” His son smiled, “You’re still as small as ever.” The man joked, “Don’t call me small!!” Edward snapped, “You still doing that government whatever job?” the son asked, “Is this your girlfriend Edward?” The man asked, “No, I’m not Edwards girlfriend! I’m just a friend! Nothing more!” you laughed and put your hands up in defense, “Sure… right Edward,” the man laughed as you saw Edward’s cheeks go a little red, “She’s right! She isn’t my girlfriend!” Edward spoke up, you could see he was a little embarrassed, “don’t get embarrassed Edward, she looks very beautiful,” the man smirked, “Erm… thank you, but I’m not Edward’s girlfriend… really,” you were trying to explain that, but the man was just trying to wind you both up. Which it was working well with Edward?

You both carried on walking, “Sorry about that, they tend to wind me up a bit,” Edward sighed, “A bit?” you smirked, “Shut up…” Edward looked away, “Aww, you have a bad temper anyway Edward, I would be shocked if you weren’t wound up so easily anyway,” you smirked. “What’s that meant to mean!” Edward looked at you shocked, “Nothing~” you sang and skipped forward.

You got to the grave yard and found Trisha’s grave, Edward put the flowers in front of it and stood back, “You know, being immortal sucks…” you spoke, “that was out of the blue,” Edward replied, “Not really, it sucks because you out live every friend, lover, or person you meet,” you explained, Edward looked at you, “You’ve been in love?” Edward asked, “Once… a few decades ago, but obviously I had to leave, I mean he couldn’t grow up and I stay the same age, it wouldn’t work, but… he died alone because he said he wouldn’t love anyone else but me, I wanted him to be happy, but… I couldn’t be with him… it’s a terrible curse… immortality, you have to give up everything you love and hold dearly… which is why I left you guys… so I wouldn’t get any strong attachment to you both and end up with the same pain when you two got older and passed on. I couldn’t bare the pain… not again…” you closed your eye as a tear slipped through, Edward looked away, “I never thought of being immortal like that…” Edward looked down, “At least you aren’t immortal,” you spoke.

“Reaka,” Edward spoke, “Hm?” you looked at him, “I’m going to make you mortal again, so you can live your life like the rest of us,” Edward explained with determination in his eyes, you smiled and jumped towards him and embraced him, “Thank you, Edward, in return I’ll help you and Alphonse get your bodies back to normal,” you smiled with tears in your eyes.

You both walked to where his house use to be, “So you burned down your home when you left?” you asked, “Yea,” Edward replied, “You still have a home you know, with Winry and Pinako, they treat you both like family,” you explained. Edward smiled a little.

“Let’s go. Everyone’s waiting for us,” Edward spoke, “yea,” you smiled, then taken Edward’s hand, he looked at you shocked as you smiled at him.

The three days went quickly as Edward had an excited (NOT) look on his face, “Ready? Here we go…” Pinako spoke, you walked around and made Edward hold your hand.

“One…”

“Two…”

“Three!!” you heard a clank and Edward squeezed your hand tightly, and gritted his teeth from the pain, “Ohhh… every time… I hate that moment when the nerves get connected.” Edward sighed, “Don’t be such a baby. Okay, trying moving it.” Winry replied, “Soon, I can kiss this pain goodbye once and for all. Everything’s gonna be great once I find the philosopher’s stone and get my old body back.” Edward smirked, “Be a shame. You’re our cash cow.” Pinako spoke, “That’s right! Why be in such a hurry to get back to normal? Auto-mail is cool!” Winry smiled, “The smell of oil, the creaking of artificial muscles, the whirring of bearings and the beautiful form base on the principles of biophysical research! Oh my… how wonderful auto-mail prosthetics are!!” Winry fantasized, “Engineering otaku.” Edward plainly stated, “shut up, alchemy otaku.” Winry snapped back, you chuckled a little at them both.

“All done! How is it?” Pinako asked, “Feels good.” Edward moved his arm and leg. “I know you’re not the type to do any kid of daily maintenance so this time I used steel with a high percentage of chrome to make it rust resistant. But it’s less durable this way; so don’t be too rough on… Hey! Are you listening?!!” Winry yelled as Edward ran off, “Don’t worry Winry, I’ll make sure he takes care of it,” you put your hand on her shoulder, “Thanks Rea,” Winry sighed.

“It will be fine,” you waved and walked outside to see Edward and Alphonse sparring against each other.

You smiled at them both as you could see that they had both matured over the years you were gone, “Your not the little boy I remember Edward,” you smiled. Edward looked over towards you as you waved a little, Alphonse waved too, and you waved back at them with a small grin on your face.

You smiled at the boys and waved in return, “Come on brother, stop staring at Rea, let’s train,” Al spoke, “What do you mean ‘stop staring?!” Edward looked at him, “It’s obvious you… like Rea,” Al leaned towards me, “What?!” Edwards cheeks heated up, “You should tell her brother, she might feel the same,” Al spoke, Edward folded his arms, “I have no idea what your talking about,” Edward snapped and glared to the side, Al sighed at him, “typical brother…” he spoke.

You walked down the stairs and walked to the side of the house and looked out to the scenery, it was beautiful, reminded you of your old home where you lived before you came immortal, Xerveus, the old city that was destroyed. You sighed and closed your eyes listening to the sounds of the earth.

The birds singing, the wind blowing, the tree’s flowing in that wind, Den barking in the background. This was relaxing, especially for you, you hadn’t felt so relaxed in years.

“Within the difficulty of accomplishing my one and only wish, I

Want to show you that I’ll protect you to the end, for something irreplaceable, it’s a promise that I want to fulfill

Within the world covered in doubts, I still haven’t found the answer

Nevertheless, I advance forward- Why?

Cypress trees stretch into the sky; the road pointed straight forward.

Let’s believe in the miracle called ‘now’

A dreamlike reality- If it’s something that I can change with my hands

Within the difficulty of accomplishing my one and only wish, I

Want to show you that I’ll protect you to the end, for something irreplaceable

I vow to my pounding heartbeats, I’ll keep on running until I burn up

Within the eternal love, which I can feel it indeed surviving, it’s a promise that I want to fulfill

Sunflowers bloom at the foot of the hill; the dazzling and spreading yellowness

Shines the light of hope

When it comes to things that I can change

There should be a varied way of living

Let’s risk everything; I want to be shining within my granted time

I’m just only breathing and being here; even though it’s just that, my feelings overflow

I have my happiness; just by being able to think so, how much

Light, enough to be lovely, will this moment release?

It’s a distance far too long to advance on alone

Won’t someone open this door? I’m waiting

Within the difficulty of accomplishing my one and only wish, I

Want to show you that I’ll protect you to the end, for something irreplaceable

I vow to my pounding heartbeats, I’ll keep on running until I burn up

Within the eternal love, which I can feel it indeed surviving

It’s a promise that I want to fulfill” you sang to yourself, a song that you use to sing to earn money where you use to live, people enjoyed hearing you sing, and loved seeing you dance along softly to the music in the dress you use to wear.

You had changed since then, you weren’t who you use to be, you weren’t much of a lady any more, more of a tomboy, but you still had lady like qualities hidden within you, which were starting to show once again.

You soon didn’t realised but you fell asleep till dark.

You didn’t have dinner with the others because you told Pinako that you weren’t hungry so you sat outside looking out. The others finished dinner and sat at the table for a bit.

“When it comes to things that I can change

There should be a varied way of living

Let’s risk everything; I want to be shining within my granted time

I’m just only breathing and being here; even though it’s just that, my feelings overflow

I have my happiness; just by being able to think so, how much

Light, enough to be lovely, will this moment release?”

Edward, Al, and Armstrong moved to the window quietly and saw you sitting to the left of the window with your eyes closed singing to yourself. Your voice sounded sad, and different, you sounded like an angel… if they existed.

“It’s a distance far too long to advance on alone

Won’t someone open this door? I’m waiting

Within the difficulty of accomplishing my one and only wish, I

Want to show you that I’ll protect you to the end, for something irreplaceable

I vow to my pounding heartbeats, I’ll keep on running until I burn up

Within the eternal love, which I can feel it indeed surviving

It’s a promise that I want to fulfill”

You finished and sighed then your eyes opened for a second then closed slowly as if you were falling asleep.

“Maybe a lullaby she knew as a child a few years ago?” Armstrong questioned, “A few years ago? I’m guessing you don’t know her situation Armstrong,” Pinako sighed, “What situation?” Armstrong asked, “She’s immortal, she doesn’t tell many people, but if you’re a friend of her’s then it won’t harm you to know, that poor girl has lived many years… and has only seen pain, its no wonder her voice sounds so sad and longing when she sings so softly, I don’t know what happened to her to make her immortal, and I’ve asked her once, and I’ve never asked her again,” Pinako spoke, “What did she tell you?” Al asked, “She said, ‘I wish I was brave enough to answer,” Pinako replied, “Brave enough to answer?” Armstrong questioned, “it confused me too,” Pinako smoked her pipe.

Edward stood up, “I’m going to carry her to her room,” he walked out. Edward walked around the house and looked down at you, Edward knelt down besides you and moved your hair out of your face, “How did you become immortal… I never really thought to ask,” Edward sighed, “Because its too painful to reply,” you looked at me, “Your awake,” Edward was shocked, “Yea… and when I feel brave enough to tell you I will… I just feel too weak to talk about it,” you looked away and hugged herself.

Edward stood up and sighed, you looked like you were going to cry, Edward was going to make you cry! “Has… anyone told you, you have a beautiful voice when you sing,” Edward said out of the blue, hoping it would cheer you up, it seemed to of worked, you looked at Edward shocked then smiled, “Thanks, Edward,” you smiled then hugged Edward surprisingly.