Status: Finished

Hope Will Fall Tonight With Broken Wings

Day Out On The Town

Brian was sitting in Velaska’s living room while Velaska was in her room getting dressed. She put on a green plaid mini-skirt and a tight fitting black tank top on over her black and lime green skull bikini. She wore her sneakers but packed her sandals in her day-bag. It also had a towel and her wallet in it. “Okay, I’m ready.” Velaska said walking into the living room.
“I figured we’d get coffee and breakfast while we are out. There’s a great little double express coffee shop. And damn do you look good.” Brian said when he finally got to look at Velaska.
“Oh, thank you; you are looking dashing yourself.” Velaska said with a smile. Brian was wearing shorts and a V neck tank top. They both headed out after saying goodbye to Charlottee. They got into Brian’s car and headed out to the coffee shop. They both got a large coffee and a breakfast sandwich. Then they headed to the beach to enjoy their breakfast.

“It feels like we’ve been dating for more than a week.” Velaska blurted out.
“Yea, I agree.” Brian said
“I thought it was going to be weird, since you are M’s best friend. But it actually feels normal.” Velaska said
“Yea, at least Matt isn’t as upset as I thought he would be. And maybe it would’ve been weird if we dated before you left. But now we are both adults so maybe that’s why it’s not so weird.” Brian said
“If I were you, I’d still try to be on his good side. This could be a test; ya know see how we’d be around him and stuff.” Velaska said
“Yea, could be. Anyway since we’re done eating, would you like to go for a walk along the beach?” Brian asked
“Sure, sounds good.” Velaska said with a smile.

They threw away their trash and walked along the beach holding hands. It was nice just to have a day together. They talked about anything that crossed their minds. “Hey Bri.” Velaska said
“Yea babe?” Brian responded
“I know this might be early in our relationship but, I just wanted to tell you that well I love you.” Velaska said mumbling the last part.
“I’m sorry I didn’t catch that. You mumbled it.” Brian said. Velaska stopped walking and faced Brian. She took a deep breath before she looked into Brian’s handsome brown eyes and said “I love you.” Brian’s smile went from ear to ear and pulled Velaska into a very passionate kiss. “I love you too.” Brian said making Velaska smile just like the one he wore; but then in a second Brian’s smile dropped, which freaked Velaska out.

“What’s wrong?” Velaska asked concerned.
“A woman is about to approach us. DO NOT believe anything she says. I’ll explain when she’s gone. Just trust me, please.” Brian begged with his hands on Velaska’s shoulders.
“Okay.” Velaska said worried and she could feel her hives starting to form on her body.
“Bri, baby who’s this skank?” an extremely high pitch obnoxious voice said from behind.
“Why, hello Brooke. I see they let you out. And she’s not a skank, she’s my girlfriend. Laska this is Brooke, Brooke … Laska.” Brian said
“Hi” Velaska said
“He’s two facing you. I’m his girlfriend.” Brooke said sticking her nose up in the air as Velaska bite her lip to prevent herself from laughing.

“What the fuck is so funny?” Brooke asked snottily. “I tell you your boyfriend has another girlfriend and you just laugh.”
“He wouldn’t be your boyfriend in a million years. Well that’s a lie. He might’ve dated you in high school. But now that he’s an adult he wouldn’t date a fake bimbo like you. Though you might have him looking at your big fake boobs, he prefers my real big boobs any time, any day. So why don’t you just walk away before you embarrass yourself anymore.” Velaska said calmly.
“You fuckin whore!” Brooke screamed as she soon had her hands wrapped around Velaska’s hair.
“Why do they always go for the hair?” Velaska asked as Brooke yanked Velaska’s head back.
“Brooke let go of her hair. You’ll regret it if you don’t.” Brian warned but Brooke ignored him. Velaska grabbed a hold of Brooke’s hand that had her hair in a tight grip.

Despite the pain from her hair, she turned around and punched Brooke in the face. Then Velaska used her forearm to repeatedly hit Brooke’s forearm until she let go of Velaska’s hair. Then Velaska bent Brooke’s wrist and arm back until Brooke was forced to the grounds as Velaska kept her down. “He is not yours. He is my boyfriend. And if I see you talk to us one more time I’ll get a restraining order against you. And next time you lay another finger on me, you’ll find yourself in the hospital.” Velaska threatened as she forcefully shoved Brooke farther into the ground before Velaska let go of Brooke. Brian placed his hand in Velaska’s and they continued to walk down the beach. “So what was that all about?” Velaska asked.
“She’s my stalker.” Brian said
“Do you have a restraining order against her?” Velaska asked
“No.” Brian said

“Why not?” Velaska asked
“She never hurt anyone before. She knew I was married and she kept her distance. She never fought anyone or hurt anyone before. I didn’t think it was extreme enough for a restraining order.” Brian explained
“Well I don’t think she’ll bug you anymore.” Velaska said with a wicked smile.
“That was badass.” Brian said
“Thank you.” Velaska said squeezing Brian’s hand. They stopped for lunch along the boardwalk on the way back to the car and once they were in the car again, they went for a nice car ride around town. It was nice to be together driving around where they were free to talk without being interrupted. And things just felt more intimate when it was the two of them in a car. Velaska held Brian’s hand as she couldn’t help but smile.

A phone call cut into their bliss. “Hey M, what’s up?” Velaska asked
“Nothing too much, V. What are you up to?” Matt asked his sister.
“Bri and I are enjoying a nice drive around town.”
“Cool. Did you guys have dinner yet?”
“No; funny enough we just started to discuss that. Why do you ask?”
“Just wanted to know if you guys were going to come to my house; I told you about me making burgers like three days ago.”
“Right, of course we will. Be there in…” Velaska said and looked out the window to get her bearings “… ten minutes or so.”
“Kay, see you guys then. I’m gunna call Charlottee to see if she’ll be coming or not.”
“Okay, see you then.” Velaska said then hung up the phone.
“What’s up?” Brian asked

“M’s having burgers and we are to be there. He told us about it three days ago.” Velaska said
“I remember him saying something about that.” Brian said as he went down another side street that would bring them towards Matt’s house. By the time Velaska and Brian got there the driveway looked like a mini parking lot. Velaska and Brian held hands as they walked in. “Hey guys. What did you do today?” Val asked as she hugged Velaska and Brian.
“Got in a fight” Velaska said with a smile
“Brian, if you…” Matt started
“With Brooke.” Brian said
“Really?!” Johnny asked
“Yea, totally kicked her ass.” Velaska gleamed
“That’s my girl. It was awesome.” Brian said with a smile and pulled Velaska into a kiss.