Status: Active

Trojan Princess

Patroclus' Glory

Thea grimaced working at the rope that tied her to a pole in a tent, she had to get free and get out of here...somehow. A man entered looking at her thoughtfully.

"The men found her in the temple. They thought she'd please you." Thea shuddered looking away from him.

"Leave us." He ordered, Thea bit her lip eyes scrunching shut she wouldn't give him the satisfaction of seeing her tears. There was pressure on her wrists and then they're free her eyes snap open and she rubs at her chafed wrists. "What's your name?" Thea darts her eyes to the door and back to him as he stands. "You're safer in this tent then out there. Believe me."

"You killed Apollo's priests." She accused, he turned raising an eyebrow.

"I've killed men in five countries. Never a priest."

"Then your men did. The sun god will have his vengeance."

"What's he waiting for?" Thea gaped up at him as he removed his greaves.

"For the right time to strike." Thea replied firmly.

"His priests are dead and his acolyte's a captive. I think your god is afraid of me." He thought she was a priestess...that was good maybe.

"Afraid Apollo is master of the sun. He fears nothing."

"Then where is he?" Thea blinked no retort in mind, he smiled she glared in response before looking purposefully away as he began scrubbing the blood from his body.

"Your nothing but a killer. You don't know anything about the gods." Thea retorted finally.

"You haven't seen twenty summers and you think you know my heart? I know more about the gods than priests could ever teach you. Your royalty aren't you?" Thea ignored him heart thudding painfully fast in her chest as he picked up a lock of her hair sniffing it. "You've spent years talking down to men, you must be royalty. What's your name?" Thea looked at him surprised first he figured out she was royalty now he was asking her name, who was this man? "Even the servants of Apollo have names."

"I'm not a servant of Apollo, and my name is Thea."

"Are you afraid Thea?"

"Should I be?"

"My Lord..." Someone called from outside the tent, Thea's eyes darted to the entrance.

"What is it?"

"King Agamemnon requests your presence."

"Why would I want to look at him when I can look at her?" Thea looked away and rested her head on her knees cheeks flushed a bright red. He was the enemy so why was her stomach fluttering at his comment? "Eudorus, make sure none of the men touch her and burn the bodies of the Trojans." Thea looked up at him blinking in surprise he was giving the enemy proper burial...that was unheard of sure you may call a truce and allow the other side to collect the bodies. But enemies burning their enemies bodies unheard of. Who was this man? Eudorus nodded and ducked out of the tent. "You don't need to fear me girl. Your the only Trojan that can say that."

Andromache petted Briseis's hair as the girl sobbed her head in Andromache's lap. A few tears slid down her own cheeks as she tried to comfort Briseis. Thea had been lost in the invasion and was probably dead at least Andromache hoped she was dead. It was a horrible thought her little sister lying dead somewhere in Apollo's temple but the thought of what those Greeks would do to her especially if they found out she was a Princess of Troy, her heart broke. The scent of smoke, burning flesh, and incense floated into the palace. Breseis lifted her head from Andromache's lap, Andromache stood holding out a hand to Breseis.

"They're burning the bodies." Breseis murmured amazedly as they stared at the pyres.

"They're giving them the proper funeral they deserve." Andromache replied her eyes darted between each prye wondering which one Thea was on or if she was even on one at all.

Thea looked up eyes widening when not the golden blond from before but three men in full armor walked into the tent. Two stepped towards her as the other looked out the door.

"Your coming with us." One of them said reaching towards her Thea lurched away and stumbled to her feet.

"Stay away from me." Thea snapped backing away from them.

"No King Agamemnon wants you so your coming with us." The first one replied lunging forward and grabbing her arm.

"Let go of me!" Thea yelled as she jerked in his grasp kicking her legs.

"Is that the girl in Achille's tent?" Patroclus asked looking over at Eudorus.

"You three with me." Eudorus ordered Polydeuce, Alecander, and Castor followed after Eudorus and Patroclus all pulling out their swords.

"We've no quarrel with you brothers but let the girl go or you won't be seeing home." Thea looked up at the four men, well three men and a boy entered the tent swords drawn.

"King Agamemnon will have your heads." The man holding Thea said before he pushed her down to the ground stepping over her.

"I'd like to see him try." The boy sneered stepping towards them the man sneered and walked out of the tent with his two friends.

"Patroclus you stay with her we'll be outside." The man with black hair said walking out the tent with the other two men.

"Are you hurt?" Patroclus asked kneeling down so he was eye level with her. Thea ignored him lips pursed. "I'm not going to hurt you and neither is my cousin. I'm Patroclus."

"Your cousin?" She asked looking at him, he nodded and smiled that he'd gotten her to talk.

"Yes Achilles is my cousin I'll stay here until he gets back Agamemnon's men won't have you." Thea nodded thankful that he was staying.

"Why are you here?" Thea asked looking at him, he looked at her.

"I want glory and people to know my name." Patroclus replied honestly Thea looked down he'd get his glory with the blood of her people.

"Glory isn't everything." She whispered and pulled her knees to her chest resting her head on them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave a comment