The Genie And The Librarian

FoUr

Image
Thank you SmurfGirl!

Image
Thank you Howl!

Image
Thank you Howl!

He’s gone?

Just like that?

No chanting or special hand gestures?

Not even a nose twitch?!

Weary, thinking that maybe the smoke was just in some kind of canister and he released it so that he could go run and hide somewhere, I grab the perfume bottle and press the button it again.

This time I watched as the same amber colored fog from before seeped out from under the top. Soon the whole are around me was full of the fog.

The fog hovered in the air a moment, then- with a whooshing sound- the fog converged together in front of me and transformed into the man from my bed.

He smiled at me, as if my panic- hey, it’s not every day a really handsome guys just pops right in front of me so give me a break- gave him humor, “Hey, gorgeous.”

Now, I would have liked to have said something witty. Maybe a “Back at ya, stud,” or perhaps even a simple, “Hey, handsome”.

But, no.

No, that would be asking my mind to do too much.

So instead I said, “Genie…”

And, to add to my embarrassment and mental instability (not to mention my lack of wittiness), I also pointed my index finger at his chest.

“You… genie… magic!”

His smiled tuned amused, “Yes, I guess your word for what I am is ‘genie’.”

“But…”

“Is this going to take much longer?” He asked, “’Cause I really hate repeating myself.”

“But... how?”

He sighed, “You didn’t read the book, did you?”

I frowned, “Of course I did. I figured out how to release you, didn’t I?”

He raised an eyebrow, “Did you read beyond that page before pushing my button?”

“I really wish you would quit calling it that,” I muttered.

Then louder, “No. I was curious as to why there would be a secret catch in an old perfume bottle.”

He exhaled, “Of course you wouldn’t read the entire book before you jumped into something you didn’t know anything about.”

I glared at him, “I didn’t think you would pop out of the stupid thing like an animated jack-in-the-box!”

“Jack-in-the-box? You’re comparing me to a child’s toy?”

He sounded incredulous.

Good, maybe then he’s stop making me feel stupid.

“Yes. Only I guess it would be better to say you’re a genie-in-a-perfume-bottle.”

And, as he glowered at me, a brilliant idea began to form, “Wait! I have the perfect background music for this!”

He frowned as I bolted to my entertainment center and rifled through my CD’s, “Background music for what?”

“Our fight, of course!” I said excitedly

“You’re happy we’re fighting?”

“Oh, no!” I exclaimed as I put the CD into the player, “I despise fights, but I figure I won’t let this one ruin my great background song!”

I skipped to the track I wanted and then smiled as Christina Aguilera played through the speakers.

“A pop song? I was figuring rock or metal for a fight, but pop?”

“Just wait!” I hushed him, then turned the music louder when the part I was looking for came up.

I'm a genie in a bottle, baby

Gotta rub me the right way, honey

I'm a geine in a bottle, baby

Come, come, come and let me out.


His brow just rose again and that’s when I remember just what Christina wanted rubbed.

“Well… maybe not the rubbing part… but you’ve got to admit it fits this situation!”

“I don’t have to admit anything.”

I sighed, then laughed as Christina finished with a:

“ I'm a genie in a bottle, baby

Come, come, come and let me out.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha!

Sometimes I think I'm awesome, lol

And, Howl, is the banner's section crowded?

'Cause I think it's perfect!

Lol

Let me know how you guys like this update!