Status: updated layout, and summary (:

Existence

Mirror Mirror

Annabel

Image

The golem quickly and effortlessly made it's way into the woods, following a thick trail, that fit the cart snugly. As the tall trees passed, I thought about what might be lurking in the shrubbery. As we passed trees with light brown bark, several faces peered out from behind them.

"James? Who are they?" I asked.
"Those are the dryads and hamadryads. The dryads are the tall and slender women with the seasonal dresses. The hamadryads are the onesfarther up, that are dressed in greens and browns. They're only connected to one tree." he explained. I nodded. I heard giggles, and conversing between the beings, speaking the ancient language of Silvian. I knew this, because when I had been here when I was younger, I talked to fairies. They're language and words sounded like English to me, but I suppose people who aren't permitted to Light can't understand.

Soon, we exited the woods, and we were decending down a steep hill. Near the base of the manicured grass, was a large house. It was in perfect condition, except for the gaping hole near the garage. Fausto stopped running, and slowed to a walk. He set the cart down a few feet from the stairs leading to the front door. James and I hopped out of the cart.

"Fausto, Hank and Moira have passed away, Annabel is the new caretaker. You know this, correct?"
"Yes." Fausto said ruggedly.
"You are taking commands from her, correct?"
The golem nodded.

"Command him to stay outside." James said to me. "He can't go inside anyway, the treaty doesn't allow golems inside, but he could go back if we don't tell him."

"Fausto, stay in the vicinity until we return." I said to him. He nodded.

James walked up the steps, and pushed in the door. I followed him into the house, and we entered an open room. There was a large, round table in the center of the room, with chairs surrounding it. And pushed up against the wall, was a dark red couch. Sitting on the floor in the corner of the room, was a man. He was pale, with a blood red tone near his eyes, nose, and mouth. His hair was white, and his eyes in a blank stare.

"This is Alexander. He's catatonic. I don't exactly know what happened to him. He was on some kind of mission, and wandered back here, looking like this. It was some time ago, two years, maybe?" James explained sadly.

I sighed, sympathy flowing through my veins. "What can I do to help?" I asked.
"He responds to touch," James explained, "since you're a creature of Light, I thought, maybe you could save him."
I nodded in understanding. "Have I met him before?" I asked, crossing the room to Alexander. He was shaking, so I laid a hand on his shoulder. His head slowly tilted up toward me. His eyes were instantly filled with energy. I reached down and pulled him to his feet. A smile spread across his lips, as I led him over to the table. James pulled out a chair and I sat him down in it.

"He didn't come here until you were at least 14. He spent two years researching, to find the artifact for the mission he was on, and then went off tracking it. He returned, shortly after he went off looking for it, in this state."

I took Alexander's hand, and his expression brightened again.

"You're making progress! I knew this would help!" James said happily. I smiled, eager to get try to get Alexander out of the state he was in.

"You guys look alike, yet different in so many ways. I wish I could have known him before he was in this state." I admitted. James nodded, grinning. He walked to the door, told Fausto to do something, and returned to pull a chair out for me and him. We both sat down.

"Do you think I return him to his normal state?" I asked. James nodded.
"I've got faith in this matter. I'm positive either your power, or some kind of elixer will cure this problem."

Suddenly, there was a sharp knock on the door.

Image
third chapter :3
sub, comment?
dont be a silent reader