Status: updated layout, and summary (:

Existence

Breaking Silence

Annabel
Image

James stood up to retrieve the door, as I sat trying to remember my brother. I was terribly frightened, not knowing what was to come moments from now. I wondered why it was critical I was present. Besides the fact I was the new caretaker, I wondered why I was needed for so many things. I felt flooded, senseless for the moment, until James's voice made me snap back into reality.

"Burke, Dolan, Andrea, come in and take a seat." he said, I turned to see Burke and Dolan enter, but they were followed by a third being. She was tiny and slender, flitting gracefully in the air. She had dark, shoulder-length slanted hair, and her skin was pale with a purple tint to it. The maiden had purple and black butterfly wings, and wore a dark slip with thigh-high black stockings.

As she entered, she drew a circle around her head, leaving a halo for a moment, and then instantly, she was the size of a human. The black stockings had changed to leggings, and her wings had folded into a cloak. Suddenly, her bright eyes met mine and a smile appeared amongst her lips.

"Annie!" she sang, "You're finally back!" she skipped over to me, and took a seat beside me. She glanced me over as Burke, James, and Dolan took a seat at the large table. James cleared his throat, and all eyes turned to him. Alexander was still, as my hands were now folded in my lap.

"Alright, I called this meeting because we all have business to discuss." James began, looking at all of us, and I nodded for him to proceed. "The People of Eternal Darkness is rising, causing all protection to be questionable. Annabel is here for many reasons. One, to save the two people, Damien and Alexander, who may give us extra assistance against the PED's, who have been active in this area for quite a while. Two, to be the new caretaker. And three, to help us uncover vital information about this preserve that we need in order to protect ourself against the PED's.

"All of us here, including the non-present Damien, are vital pieces to stop the People of Eternal Darkness. Anna, your main goal for the meantime to to continue to come and nurture Alexander back to health, as well as talk your ever-so persistent brother into leaving the People of Eternal Darkness, and joining us into the fight against them." I nodded, understanding the command. I knew that even though I was caretaker, I wasn't completely filled in the situation yet, so I was technically under the command of James for the meantime.

"Burke, you are to continue to talk to your sisters about patrolling like they normally do. Dolan, Andrea, you two and I will continue our research, as well as teach Anna all she needs to know about the preserve. When she is free, be sure to include her in all of your activities and outings." they all nodded, Andrea a little more spirited. Alexander stared blankly at the fireplace.

"Now, for the more serious stuff." Andrea said, "I have gained information on the People of Darkness from my sisters. Oriel has told me she has heard from anonymous sources that the Ritual of Suffering will be coming up soon. We have a week to prepare. Also, Heloise Ryanne let out vital information to me. She has told me that the PED's are after the artifacts on this property." James sighed heavily.

"Thats exactly what we're trying to prevent in thie situation, though I knew that was coming," James admitted sourly.

"Artifacts?" I asked, confused. My grandfather, nor James had ever mentioned any artifacts hidden on the preserve.

"The artifacts..." James said, biting his lip. "There are a total of fourty-four magical preserves in this world. Five of the fourty-four host two artifacts each. Caretakers of preserves dont usually know where the artifacts are hidden, and your grandfather knew that there were two of the ten artifacts here. The ten artifacts, when used in sequence, open the Abyss of the Vortex. The Abyss is home to many of the most powerful demons in the universe. Their power combined could turn this planet into complete chaos in moments.

"The People of Darkness have been dormant for years, but for two years now, they have been showing activity. Two preserves have fallen due to their causes, and personally, I don't want Hidden Skies to be next. We need to do everything in our power to protect the artifacts. I'm willing to risk my life to keep these artifacts out of the hands of the PED's." James frowned, "So was Alexander.." I set my hand down on Alexander's knee, and his eyes filled with light once again.

"So.. what exactly are the artifacts?" I asked. James shook his head.

"Who knows, anyways, the last matter I would like to address is confidentiality. Somebody very well could be a traitor. Therefore, I am suggesting to only share information with this group of people. Anna, I would not trust your brother as of now." I nodded in understanding.

"Now Anna, are you ready to see the Hall of Dread?"

Image
fourth chapter(:
I'm sorry if I dragged on in this one,
I was trying to cram in vital information for the
chapters to come.
I enjoy comments/subscriptions :3
don't be a silent reader