Status: ongoing!

A series of oneshots.

The Chase

I’m running, I’m running as fast as I can. There are other around me, running too. They’re fast, I can’t keep up. But now they’re gone, and I’m running alone. They’ve gone to find a hiding place, so they can stop running.

But I’m not thinking about that now. I’m just running. I’m concentrating on running alone because if I don’t, I’ll trip and fall, and he’ll catch me. So I’m running, but my lungs can’t keep up. I’m not used to running, I wasn’t built to run for such a long time. I have to keep going though! It’s all a game to him, but I suppose it is a game for me too.

Why is he only going after me though? I guess the answer obvious. He wants to catch me, and not the others. Its unfair, but I suppose if our roles were reversed, I would try to catch him as well. I never would though, he’s so fast.

My breathing is growing quick and heavy, my bodies response to this extra excretion. My movements are slowing, and I can’t keep this up any longer. But I hear him behind me, so close, I must keep running! I simply can’t though.

I feel him come close to grasping my arm, but his reach falls short by a few inches. I push myself to run faster, and for a moment I can! But now that burst of energy is gone, and I’m slowing.

He lunges, and tackles me to the soft undergrowth below. He manages not to hurt me as he flips me onto my back and pins me to the ground. He smiles because he knows he has won. My heart beat is so fast and I’m so mad that I couldn’t get away.

I guess he can see my displeasure. He bends down and kisses me right on the lips. I still want to be mad, but when he’s this close to me, I just can’t be. The anger drains away, and I relax.

Our brief kiss is over, and he helps me to my feet.

“I don’t wanna be it!” I say, frowning. He takes my hand.

“How about we just leave them and go hangout, just the two of us.” He says.

“They’re going to be mad when they find out we’ve gone.” I point out.

“I know.” He smirks.

“Okay, lets go.” I’m grinning as we turn to leave.

I shiver, and he puts his arm around me. Our friends are stupid, I think, they’ll just end up getting drunk by the end of the night. But we, he and I, we’re going to go sit on the beach on the other side of town. Maybe we’ll stay up to see the sunrise, but probably not. Chances are, I’m going to fall asleep on his chest, like I always do. But I’m okay with that, and so is he.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really like this one! :D