Sequel: Never Feel Afraid
Status: In the process of being re-written

Hold Her When I'm Not Around

The Proposals

A year later

3rd person POV

*Jasmine*

“ So, you want me to go where now?” Jasmine asked, holding the phone closer to her ear. “ The Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa… I was there a couple days ago and I realize I left my iPod at the front desk.” Jasmine raised an eyebrow. The girl was lying through her teeth.. But on the off chance that she wasn’t, why would she want Jasmine to go there? “ Ok.. So still not understanding why you want ‘me’ to go there Lexxers.” Lexxie sighed. “ Because your a lot closer to the hotel then I am.. Would you just please go and pick it up? I’ll be by later, because I got to talk to dad about something, so I’ll just get it then.” Jasmine smiled. She wasn’t going to tell Lexxie no. She loved Lexx and truth be told she WAS a lot closer to the hotel.

“ Well, ok, I’ll get my keys and head out now.” – “ NO! NOT right now!” she raised an eyebrow. “ Why not now?” –“ Uuum… Because, because um, you don’t, um have to do it right away… Besides…Hey why don’t you just do it before you meet my dad for dinner? I mean it would save you an extra trip right ? Because it’s on the way?” Jasmine thought about it for a second.. That was true.. “ Uh, ok yea, yea I guess so.” She replied. “ Ok, well, I’ll let you go, I gotta go meet Jimmy, he’s taking me to see that new Alien, comedy.. Paul or whatever.” –“ Ok hun, well I’ll see you tonight.” –“ Later.. Oh have fun tonight Jazzie, bye.”

Lexxie’s POV

I hung up the phone and threw it down on the sofa. “ Well?” Jimmy asked. “ I ALMOST cracked and told her what my dad had planned. She had to ask questions.” He laughed and wrapped an arm around me. “ Well babe, no offense but your NOT the best liar.” I rolled my eyes and smiled. “ Yea.. I know.. But hopefully she bought into it.. At least a little..” – “ She still think she’s meeting your dad at a restaurant?” I nodded “ Good.. I can’t WAIT to hear how it all went down.. Jazz is gonna be so excited.”

I smiled. “ Yea, I’m so happy for them.. Today they’ve officially been together a year.. This will be the best anniversary present for her.” Jimmy smiled at me. “What?” I asked. He shook his head and reached into his pocket. “ Lexxie, I love you so much. We’ve been through a lot, but we’ve stuck it out and are still going strong.. I never want to be without you baby. You’re my world & the most perfect thing in it. ..” he paused, and got down on his knee. I gasped and covered my mouth. He pulled out a little black velvet box & revealed a beautiful diamond ring inside. “ I got your dad’s permission babe.. So, Alexxis Helena Haner, Will you marry me?” Tears welled up in my eyes as I wrapped my arms around his neck, and squeezed him tightly. “ Yes..”

Jasmine’s POV

(later that night.)

I arrived at the hotel and walked into the lobby, up to the front desk.. I sure hope this doesn’t take long. I’d hate to be late for Brian & I’s anniversary dinner. “Welcome to The Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, how can I help you miss?”- “ Uh, hi yes, my name is Jasmine, I’m supposed to pick up a black & pink ipod.. I called about it about an hour ago.” The receptionist just stared at me for a moment, then nodded. “ Ah yes.Um I gave it to the manager. But he is up in one of the rooms dealing with a situation right now but, your more then welcome to go up there and get it from him.” Now it was my turn to stare.. Something was up. I’m not stupid.. However, I didn’t have time to ask questions, so I just asked for the room number, and made my way to an elevator.

* 5 minutes later*

“ 1134, 1135,1136.. Ah 1137, here it is.” I mumbled, knocking gently on the door .“ Um, excuse me?” I called out. “ Come in.” I heard, a deep masculine voice say.. That voice.. It sounded like Brian’s.. But that couldn’t be.. I slowly opened the door.. Soft romantic music filled my ear & there, standing in the center of the room, in a very expensive & beautiful looking tux, was Brian. Surrounding him were white & pink candles & red rose petals all over the floor. “ Uh, wh- wh- what’s going on Bri?” He smiled & walked over to me and got on one knee. Taking my hand he said.: “ Jasmine, you

came into my life a year ago today.. And from that moment , I knew there was something special about you. You’re the most beautiful woman God ever made. And I feel like I could just scream from the roof tops that I love you.. And I do. I can never see myself without you..You’re wonderful to my friends & family. And more importantly me & my daughter. We both love you & want you to officially become apart of the family.. Jasmine, my love, will you marry me?” I broke down into tears of joy. Brian stood up and took me into his arms. “ Yes Brian, I will.”
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END!HOPE YOU ENJOYED!!!Sequel will be about Lexx's life after Jimmy's death.Suggestion came from a good friend (you kno who you are =D)it'll be difficult for me to write.I'll probably be crying alot of the time.Lexx will be 21 in the up & coming story.