Status: Pleasantly Finished <3 :D Thank you all <3

Everything but My Heart

13

I was Jake’s soul mate? The imprint thought still boggled my mind as I sat in art class waiting for some kind of inspiration to strike me on. “Paint something that represents you.” I read aloud quietly to myself seeing that several of my other classmates had begun with such fervor. I sighed looking at the clock seeing I had twenty minutes left to at least start my painting today, despite the fact I had the entire next week to finish it. As the rest of my peers cleaned their supplies at the end of class my canvas was blank.

After a dismal art class that was usually one of my better subjects I rubbed my temple and thanked God that I was headed to my last class. Let me tell you, it couldn’t go slower. Embry was already waiting out in his car since his school day ended sooner than ours. I smiled as I passed right by Bella who was drudging behind Jessica, who was bopping to her car; they were going dress shopping for the dance. I slipped in the passengers seat and Embry gave a friendly wave to Bella who returned an even smaller one before disappearing into Jessica’s silver car. “Have you two made up yet?” Embry asked as he shifted into ‘d’.

“Not entirely, I haven’t seen enough of her since Wednesday.” I admired my nails, “Miss prissy has been avoiding me and spending all her time with her future husband.”

“Awe Tay, you know he’s not gonna end up with her.” Embry smiled in my direction.

“So who then?” I questioned spitefully, anything involving Jake made me angry lately; but I couldn’t help constantly having him on my mind.

“You.” I saw him smiling this time and it was cute and enough to make me smile.

“Okay Embry you can live in your little fantasy world, but I’m telling you it’s never gonna happen.” We arrived outside of Sam’s house, a place that I had come to the conclusion you could find any of the guys at anytime.

“There’s my date!” Paul said as we entered through the open door, which was another constant around here.

“Not yet Paul, tomorrow.” He pulled me into a hug before I had set three steps into the cottage.

“Close enough.” He let me go and I smiled, I was really excited I already had a dress from another dance and I loved it. I met Jake’s eyes, I was hoping he wouldn’t be here and then I quickly averted them to the ground. My heart skipped a beat for the soul second that I even caught his attention I needed to do something about this.

“Where’s Bella?” He asked killing the butterflies that were there only seconds ago.

“Wedding dress shopping with her bridesmaid.” I rolled my eyes standing behind the chair that Embry had seated himself in. Jake remained silent at the glares of Paul and what I presumed Embry as well since Jake stared at him for a bit.
“How was school?” Emily came in from the kitchen carrying a plate of steaming cookies.

“Boring, I officially suck at art though.” I laughed handing Embry the biggest cookie that I could see.

“How do you suck at art?” Jared asked. “All you do is I dunno do random stuff on a piece of paper or out of clay and you can become a billionaire.”

“Yeah it’s that easy when you have an assignment from a teacher who gets paid to tell you that you suck and have no talent.” I smiled back.

“I doubt that you have no talent.” Jake said quietly.

“I mean I guess I do I just don’t know what to do.”

“Well what do you have to do?” Paul asked but before I could answer there was a vehicle pulling into the driveway, a vehicle I had once again not expected to see. There was the rusted, red, beat up Chevy that I currently loathed at the moment.

“I thought she was dress shopping?” Embry asked seeing the truck also.

“She was supposed to be.” I shrugged my shoulders I thought she probably only came to grab Jake and go like she typically did. Jake stood up as I did.

“Sit.” I pointed to the chair and he slowly lowered himself back down as everyone silently watched me walk to the door, going outside to greet my sister. She went to say something but I raised my hand telling her to hold it. “Before you come to steal Jake away there’s something I need to tell you. I’m sorry that I’ve been mean lately. I don’t know what’s come over me.” She went to say something again but she silenced herself this time, “since you’re my older sister I have come to the conclusion that I can’t hate you for the rest of our lives. So do you think we could bury our hatchet?”

“Of course.” Was all she said before I squeezed her into a hug that made her cough when I finally let her go.

“Then let’s go inside. What happened to Jessica?”

“She just let me borrow one of her old dresses cause Angela wanted to go so I decided to back out.” She didn’t seem overly bothered.

“Good cause you’re gonna have some competition for hottest couple.” What I really meant, which she would never know is that she wasn’t really included in the judging. Only Jake; who once again took over my thought as he flicked his eyes from me to Bella when we reentered. Her smile was priceless when she saw him and I immediately in the pit of my stomach felt a twinge of doubt that I truly was Jake’s soul mate.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this one was kinda of short :) but there's a lot more in the next one that needs its own chapter <3 Rylan