Status: Pleasantly Finished <3 :D Thank you all <3

Everything but My Heart

14

“Edward?” I asked seeing him sitting in the corner of an bright room but it wasn’t overly sunny as I could see nothing but trees from the walls made of windows. “What are you doing here?”

“You’re in my house Tay.” Edward answered with a slight jest in his soft dulcet tone.

“Oh, well why am I here?”

“I found you, in the forest and I knew it was you. Would you like me to leave you there next time so the wolves can get you?” He had a smile on his face showing there was no malevolence in his statement. He touched my forehead and I was immediately overwhelmed by another voice speaking in my head, ‘can you hear my thoughts Tay?’


I hated waking up in a cold sweat; it was so ironic and it made me desperately want to shower. So shower I did and got dressed as well. Bella was walking past my now open door as I scrunched some mouse in my hair to keep it curly for the night’s dance. “Where are you going?” I asked seeing her in the mirror.

“Just out.” She continued past, but I stopped her before she went down the stairs.

“Can I come?” She was wearing just some jeans and a hoodie and had nothing but her keys in hand so I was assuming she wasn’t doing anything spectacular.

“If you want.” I smiled and shut my door hopping down the steps behind her.

Bella and I were winding up the side of the tall mountain that made my legs burn as she nearly ran. “Slow down!” I yelled since she was a few yards ahead of me. She didn’t respond but she did slow down only due to the fact that we were at the top finally. “Why are we up here?” I asked again but she only neared the edge. I didn’t want to go much closer; heights weren’t entirely my biggest fan.

“I’m going to jump.” There was a solemn whisper in her voice as she peered over at the waves that were crashing about wildly below the rocky cliff.

“Are you crazy?” I challenged myself to get to where she was as I pulled her a few inches away.

“No. It looks like fun.” She looked down again; we could see the rocks waiting for someone to just get impaled on them.

“No, it really doesn’t you’re not invincible Bella as much as you like to think you are lately.”

“You have no idea what I think.”

“Bella, I’m not stupid. I’m your sister. This whole Edward thing had gotten ridiculously out of hand.”

“Shut up.” She said softly not wanting to hear it.

“No, you need to hear this. I know why you do stupid and crazy stunts, you think he’s going to come back to save you. You’re wrong Bella. If he hasn’t come back yet then clearly he’s not going to ever. For whatever reason he left you and you need to get over him.”

“I said shut up Tay.” She repeated again but I ignored her, I wasn’t afraid of Bella.

“You have Jake wrapped around your finger.” I was yelling out of frustration, “I can’t believe that you would nearly take your own life just to try and get some boy back. I don’t understand why you can’t see that Jake would do anything for you. Hell he already does. Is he not the one who’s saving your ass now, he more or less replaced Edward and is a thousand times better but all you can think about is how alone and depressed you are all the time when everyone does anything to make you happy.”

I wasn’t entirely sure how it happened but all I knew was that in a short moment of silence Bella had pushed me. It wouldn’t have been a big deal if I wasn’t stupid and had gotten closer to the ledge like I did. I was screaming and I was sure all of La Push and maybe even to Port Angeles could hear me. I landed with a hard crash as the waves plummeted me further to the bottom of the lake. I could swim but I could never even imagine how hard it was in such a strong current. I briefly made my strength bring me to the top so I could get a breath, but I pulled under again.

My lungs were constricting, as they couldn’t get oxygen. I was lucky for once in my life that there were a few on-lookers to our little fiasco. Warm arms pulled me up where I gasped and saw Embry holding me and I was never happier to see him in all my days. “Embry.” I choked out some water and he pushed us both to shore the current proving to be no problem to him. “She pushed me.”

“I know we saw.” He carried me to where all the other guys were. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I just,” I didn’t even know what to say. My sister just pushed me off a cliff and I more than likely would have drowned if Embry hadn’t come and got me. My own sister tried to kill me because I told her the truth, the truths she didn’t want to hear.

“It’s okay.” I looked up to the cliff but Bella wasn’t there. “Jake’s got her.” Embry’s voice assured me of what I already thought.

“Sorry.” I managed a small smile given the circumstances.

“For what?” Embry seemed perplexed.

“Making you get wet.”

“Oh Jesus Tay.” Embry set me down and I shivered.

“No I’m cold come back.”

“Are we still going tonight?” Paul asked.

“Of course!” I hugged him because I knew he would be warm, and I was so right.

“Well she’s a trooper, gets pushed off a cliff and is still ready to party.” Jared laughed but this time the other boys didn’t.

“Let’s go Tay.” Paul said leading me away.

“Where are we going?” I asked him his arm still around my shoulders to keep me warm.

“To your house silly.”

The dance was nice the gym was decorated and Mike took Jessica to the complete opposite side of the place, I think Paul intimidated him. My dad told me I looked beautiful, as did Mr. Black. Bella and Jacob were there too but we, along with the guys were the only people who knew about the day’s earlier incident. Bella was wearing Jessica’s boring forest green dress that went below her knee, she looked boring all together bit it suited her well. Jacob and her were also on the other side of the room opposite of Mike and Jessica. Mike had never fully recovered from the time Jake nearly ripped his throat out at the movies. A slow song was playing as my head was rested on Paul’s chest my hands around his neck, his on my waist. I closed my eyes a smile played on my lips I only opened them for a flash and saw Jake watching me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay chapter 14 :) Big drama this chapter and some twists to come :) Comments please, just cause I like to know you're thoughts :) <3 Rylan