Status: Pleasantly Finished <3 :D Thank you all <3

Everything but My Heart

15

My dad’s police car was gone and so was Bella’s truck. I had almost forgotten that my dad had gone hunting with Mr. Clearwater. “You shouldn’t exactly be alone.” Paul said when I went to say goodbye.

“Well what do you suggest then?” I smiled, “would you like to stay?”

“Oh yeah that would go over well with your dad, he didn’t shoot me because I was Jake’s friend and Mr. Black said I was a good kid.” I blushed at the night’s earlier event.

“Okay, then we should have a sleepover with all the boys then.” I suggested he seemed to think it over and then he smiled.

“I think that would be fun, granted we have to take turns patrolling but it will work.”

We were at Paul’s house since his mother worked the late shift at the hospital, where before the left the eldest Cullen Carlisle worked as well. She had never said anything but good things about him, so Paul said, but that might have also been due to the fact that she was oblivious and didn’t know they were vampires. Embry, Jared, Paul and I were there; Sam for evident reasons didn’t need to leave Emily for our little gathering of immaturity. Jake volunteered to be the only patroller tonight when he heard about our plans for the night; he could stay closer to Bella anyways.

Our night was filled with comedy movies, popcorn, and an interruption of terrible news. Mr. Clearwater had a heart attack while hunting; Victoria had him pinned until somehow my dad missed this entire escapade even when Sam tackled her away. We were all in shock when we got the news, it was only hours before that he was sitting in my living room. I didn’t cry but I did feel terrible, we all gathered at the Black household, Victoria was trailed off to Canada again thanks to Jake and Sam.

My dad was there and I hugged him, he had tears in his eyes and I gave him a hug. Bella was still at home Jake still watching over her. Something felt off to me, “Can you take me home?”

“Sure what’s up?” He asked worry glinting in his eyes.

“I don’t know something just seems weird.” He nodded and grabbed his keys out of his pocket before leading me outside quickly. We sped to my house and Embry stiffened when we got to the driveway where Bella’s truck was, sitting next to it was a yellow Porsche. “Embry what’s wrong?”

“You’re sister isn’t alone, there’s one of them in there and Jake too.” I was out of the car before Embry could say anything else and I stormed into the house seeing Jake’s back he was yelling.

“What the hell is going on?” I asked and Jake turned a little revealing Bella and another girl; she was pale as snow and her brunette hair was pixie-like, her hazel eyes shining.

“She thought I was dead, Edward’s going to get himself killed.” She pushed past Jake and Alice followed behind her giving Jake a sarcastic smile smirk.

“Wait where are you going?” I asked grabbing her arm.

“To save him.” She grabbed her arm back. I looked at Jake’s hurt expression that was mixed with such an anger I couldn’t explain. She walked out the door and I followed her to the yellow Porsche where the other girl had already slipped into the passengers seat somehow before we even made it outside. She opened the door and I pushed her aside crawling into the back seat. “What do you think you’re doing?”

“I’m going with you, unlike you I actually care what happens to you.” She didn’t say anything and shut the door Jake’s protests were drown out when the vampire driver sped away faster than anything I’d ever seen.

“Is this Tay?” The girl’s bell voice rang in the otherwise silent speeding car.

“Yeah, she’s the one who fell.” I gave her a dirty look but she couldn’t see from the front seat.

“Where exactly are we going? And sorry but what’s your name?” I asked.

“Alice, I’m Edward’s sister.” She took her eyes off the road to look at me quickly. “And Volterra, we’re going to Volterra.”

“Italy? We’re actually going to Italy!” I was shocked how where we going to get to Italy as fast as they wanted without getting a speeding ticket. We somehow managed to do it as we pulled into the weird and winding streets lined with buildings; all of Volterra was a citadel type city. There were thousands of people parading around in red robes; Alice told me that symbolized the town being pure of vampires for some hundreds of years, man were they seriously wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another shorter chapter for good reasons :) but I'll definately have another one out by the end of the night <3 thank you xBuiltxForxSin (for commenting religiously) and babygirl1312 :)<3 Rylan