Status: Pleasantly Finished <3 :D Thank you all <3

Everything but My Heart

16

Bella ran through the crowd pushing all the red-donned freaks aside, me following right behind her tracks. We seemed to be running towards a clock tower and the time was almost noon. Edward was hidden in the last remaining shadows of the buildings security; he took a few steps closer to the dangerous light. “Edward!” Bella yelled, as we were extremely close now. He heard her and tried to step back after his shirtless chest gleamed a little in the sunlight. He was still partially exposed, not to the point where any on-lookers noticed, but Bella slammed him backwards into the shadows with a hug. I followed also my eyes peering into the crowd as my sister and Edward shared a long awaited kiss. I thought we were free; until two men dressed in floor length black robes only their extremely pale faces showing. “I won’t be needing your services after all gentlemen.” Edward looked paler than the last time I saw him, if that was possible, there were dark circles around his eyes. In other words he looked terrible, even though I knew now was not the time.

“Aro wants to speak to you again.” One of the men spoke but Edward made no attempt to move as he held Bella close to him.

“No rules were broken.” Edward sounded like he was beginning to get mad.

“Why don’t we just take this to a more appropriate place.”

“Bella, Tay, why don’t you join the rest of the festival?” Edward said his sunken in eyes not leaving the black adorned figures.

“No, the girls come with us.” The dark haired one answered this time in place of the blonde.

“No, you can go to hell.” Edward defended making me smile letting a small chuckle escape my lips, the blonde seemed amused but the other gave me a scowl. Just then the door opened revealing Alice’s figure, covered by a shawl, slipping through the door’s crack. The light slivered into our sight then quickly disappeared as she closed the door behind her she immediately removed her wrappings. “Come on guys, it’s a festival. Wouldn’t wanna make a scene.” She smirked throwing a smile in my direction since mine was still present.

“No we wouldn’t.” The dark haired man flashed an insincere smile before clicking was heard as another person approached our way.

“Enough.” She spoke her red eyes glowed and they seemed to peer right through me, her platinum hair was pulled back into a tight bun making her seem more mature than the young age she looked.

“Jane.” Edward mumbled to the ground not looking her in the eyes.

“Aro sent me to see what was taking so long.” The ruby eyes flashed across all of us before she turned sharply that’s when we began to follow.
“Just do what she says.” Alice whispered after Bella gave her a look. The dark haired man handed Edward a robe as we walked by, he was still looking at me oddly so I turned my attention to the floor feeling very out of place. The door we went down looked eerie as the old bricks looked ancient in the cover of darkness, thankfully there was enough light to make out the descent.

“After you.” Jane stood aside after the first small flight letting our gang walk first leaving me to walk aside Alice. Edward whispered something to Bella, and she replied. I wasn’t entirely sure as to what was said but it made Jane show a sign of amusement. We entered an elevator after another small flight of stairs there was opera music playing and I was stuck in between the two male vampires I had just encountered. The blonde still giving me a small smile as m backside was nearly pressing against his. The short ride was silent and awkward but I felt a little uneasy since elevators were never a favorite of mine, I couldn’t be entirely sure but I was sure the snigger from the dark haired man was directed to my snapped shuteyes.

The elevator opened and I silently thanked God with an exhale as I rushed myself out, not caring what waited outside the doors. There was a pretty woman, probably in her thirties if I had to guess, she said something in Italian but no one answered. Bella and Edward exchanged a few more words before Jane pushed open one of the huge white ancient style double-doors. The room inside was astonishing; it had an incredibly high ceiling that was arched by inset tiles that led to one circular window at the top that let in a small amount of light. It wasn’t a hazard though because it was such a great distance it hardly shown at all. It was beautiful, the columns made me forget the reason we were even there for a moment before we were led to the center of the room. “Sister,” A voice broke out from a very soft spoken male, standing aside looking our way, “You were told to bring back one, but you have two and two halves.” He looked to say more but he was cut off from a man standing from what appeared to be a throne-like seat.

“What a nice surprise. Bella is alive after all.” He came sauntering over quickly as if he genuinely was excited. “Isn’t that wonderful. I love a happy ending.” He scanned his new crowd his eyes lingering on me for a moment. “And who’s this charming girl? A friend Bella?”

“Sister.” Edward answered before Bella could try to muster a nervous answer and the man traveled to him, pulling up Edwards red robe to touch his hand.

“They are so rare.” He smiled again at his mention of happy endings; they had a small what would have been idle chat if it weren’t for the awkwardness of the topic, Edward’s desire for Bella’s blood.

“Aro can read every thought I’ve ever had by one touch.” Edward said loudly so Bella and I could hear. “And now you know everything,” He directed to Aro, “so get on with it.”

“You’re a thought reader yourself Edward, but you can’t read her thoughts.” His crimson eyes flashed interested in Bella. “I would love to see if you were an exception to my gift as well.” He stood back a few steps looking at Bella holding out his hand. “Would you do me the honor?” Bella said nothing as she cautiously stepped towards him giving her his hand. He caressed it creepily staring down at her hands as if they were going to show him something. It was then I noticed two other men sitting on either side of the throne the man who stood before Bella was in, they were watching intently.

“Interesting.” His voice ended the silence, “I see nothing.” There was still a smile on his face. “Maybe you.” His eyes honed in on me and I looked at Bella unmoving but he must have desperately wanted to know as he quickly was in front of me his hand outstretched with his smile flashing. I slowly lowered my hand onto his afraid if he could see my thoughts at everything that had taken place with the guys, the fact that they were werewolves and I knew some of their secrets. His cold hand rubbed over mine but this time he watched my eyes as he read.

“Remarkable.” He gently dropped my hand before turning around thinking thoughtfully. “I wonder if you are immune to all gifts? Shall we Jane?” A sadistic smile spread across the girl from the journey down’s face.

“No.” Edward dodged forward only for him to be frozen, the utmost pain written all over his face as he struggled to keep himself silent, the only thing I heard escape Jane’s lips was ‘pain’. Bella and Alice were silent as they stood there but I couldn’t handle it anymore.

“Stop.” I shouted at her, her focus changing to me as Edward fell to the ground Alice now rushing to his side. The boy who addressed Jane as sister earlier restraining Bella slightly for reasons unknown, Jane stared at me now as Edward gasped, I knew he was free from Jane’s grip.

“Jane.” The creepy man from before beckoned her eyes not leaving mine. “Yes master?”

“Go ahead dear.” He said softly.

“This might hurt a little.” She warned before the word slipped from her pale lips, her ruby eyes bearing into my green ones, fear didn’t fill me because in all honesty I wasn’t scared of her at all only annoyed. The same emotion, annoyance, was beginning to read across her face as I smirked at the fact her power was useless against me. The man shrieked in laughter and clapped his hands.

“Remarkable, they confound us all. What do we do with you now?” He was hardly looking at Bella at all.

“Aro, you already know what you are going to do.” The eldest looking man in the room called out from his throne where Aro, whom I guessed was the creepy man, now stood next to.

“They know too much.” The opposite younger looking boy added. “Their a liability.” Aro looked long fully at me before finally looking at Bella.

“That’s true.” Aro said sighing almost in his words, “Felix.” It was magic as Edward flipped himself up in front of Bella, protecting her from the dark haired man from the corridor slamming him to the floor. Alice went to aid but the other man from before, the blonde, easily snatched her holding her against him tightly.

They fought viciously, one moment it looked like Edward was down for the count, his head cracked the floor severely if he were human there would be no doubt that he was dead. He bounced back, his injuries completely unnoticeable but it still seemed Edward had the lower hand. His body was thrown all around the room and I couldn’t watch but Bella stood horrified. The fight continued for what seemed like forever until Felix finally had Edward pinned, his head between his captor’s hands. “No please!” Bella shrieked repeatedly until Aro halted Felix. “Kill me, kill me. Not him.” She had no breath left in her.

“How extraordinary.” Aro came toward Bella. “That you would give up your life for someone like us. A vampire, a soulless monster.”

“Get away from her.” Edward gasped from Felix’s grip.

“You don’t know a thing about his soul.” Bella seemed angry. Aro started saying something in Italian, if only I knew it, his eyes glanced over at me one last time. “This is a sadness, too bad he doesn’t intend on turning you.” Aro got closer to Bella until it was my turn to interrupt again.

“Take me.” This did stop him immediately so I came into contact with his beaming crimson orbs peering into my soul it felt. “I can see you’re much more interested in me anyway.” He stepped towards me leaving Bella to seem dejected. For the first time since we had found Edward my mind thought of Jake, I could never be with him if I did this, but it was okay. Bella would have her chance with him; she had to be smart enough one day to see that Jake was at least more human than Edward, whom she couldn’t be with forever.

“You’re gifts would make for an intriguing immortal.” He said bringing his cold hand to my cheek caressing it gently making me look into his eyes. “I accept.”

“Aro, she is the least of our worries.” The older man form before stood again to interject. Aro merely raised a hand which silenced the man.

“Now now Marcus,” Aro soothed, “I have never seen more compassion in one moment, let us thank the stars that this is unraveling. But be warned,” He know turned to Bella who was joined by Edward and Alice who were set free, Aro’s hand kept mine in clutch. “
“If you intend to remain with the vampire crowd you will eventually turn. With that I let you leave, but be known that we will, check up on you.” The trio was silent as Bella stared at me I gave her a smile for reassurance, there were no tears seen one either of our faces. It was then I had realized I hadn’t entirely stopped Bella from being doomed as an immortal, I had only prolonged it. Maybe, just maybe as I saw my sister’s face for the last time leaving me in a room surrounded by vampires that I knew I had given her a chance to make a better decision, the decision I would have made.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey :) I bet you guys thought you'd never hear from me again <3 Have no fear I AM BACK!!! I've just been mega mega mega busy but no more :) I made this one longer and I'm starting on the next one. Comments are appreciated since that's part of the reason for the delay :) <3 Rylan