Status: Pleasantly Finished <3 :D Thank you all <3

Everything but My Heart

1

I scanned the crowd looking for Bella as my two medium sized zebra suitcases were perched at my side I balanced my purple duffel bag on top of them. It wasn’t until the group from my fellow passengers left that I saw Bella approach, her mousy brown hair tucked being tucked behind her ears. She always did that when she was nervous or feeling shy, I smiled. “Bells!” I wrapped my arms around her tightly as she came close enough.

“Hey Tay.” She squeezed a little before breaking our hug. “I’m glad you’re here.” I saw her give a small smile before it disappeared.

“Me too, so ready to hit the road Jack?” I smiled before handing her the handle to one of my suitcases with an obnoxiously wide grin.

“Yes.” She rolled her eyes as she tucked her hair behind her ears again before taking the handle and leading the way to her truck.

“So how are things?” I asked before thinking and immediately regretted it. She remained silent, contemplating what to say but I never got a response and I was fine with it. The rest of the way to her car was soundless nothing but the commotion of others and the rolling of the suitcase wheels was heard. We left the airport and I immediately felt the chill since I was highly undressed for my voyage here in my shorts, at least I had a hoodie on.

“I hope you packed better clothes.” Bella’s mouth formed a small smile as she noticed my shivering.

“Hardly.” I smiled back as we wandered through the decently sized parking lot to where Bella stopped at a rusted beginning to fade red truck. “Wow nice ride.” I copied Bella as she tossed my first suitcase into the back.

“Shut up, it’s better than yours.” She did have a point I didn’t have a car, but then again I just got my license a few months ago.

“Too bad I’m only sixteen.” I said as I hopped into her truck feeling the cushiony seats that were very bouncy.

“True I guess, I always forget you’re so young.” I shot her a look,

“Young?” I scuffed as she ignited the engine throwing the gear into reverse and we were on our way to Forks, my new home.

The ride was awfully silent, Bella certainly was not herself, but I guess I could understand why. Our ride seemed longer than it really was I think it was only sense the scenery was the same for our entire journey, except when we passed by the small village of Forks. I think I nearly missed it due to my single blink. The sun was now gone as the moon glow lighted everything and the stars that were plentiful surrounding it. “We’re almost there.” Bella stared blankly out my window as we passed by a driveway that was hardly visible from the surrounding trees making Bella speed faster. I could easily assume that maybe that was where Edward lived. It was only another five minutes before Bella pulled into the gravel driveway next to my dad’s police car. The house lights were on as well as the little lantern style light that lit the small path to the house.

Bella and I exited the truck grabbing my suitcases before we walked up the steps, Bella opening the door with her free hand and ushering me in. “Dad, we’re home!” Bella yelled as we heard footsteps upstairs as he shuffled out of a room and clomped down the stairs.

“There’s my little princess.” My dad had his arms outstretched as he reached the bottom stair pulling me into a hug.

“Hi dad.” I hugged him back smelling a mixture of cologne and beer that made me smile. Sure Phil was a nice guy and all and had never given Bella and I a reason to dislike him, but he just wasn’t my dad. “I missed you.”

“I missed you too Tay.” He said before letting me out of his grip, “I’m so glad you’re here. But let’s show you to you’re room I’m sure you’re tired from your trip.” I merely nodded as he grabbed my duffel leaving Bella and I each with a suitcase as we followed his path. The room was small, just enough room to fit the full size bed that was adorned in zebra sheets along with a small desk that had a matching chair next to it. My closet was walk in and it was the perfect size for my rather large wardrobe.

“Wow dad this is too much, thank you.” He set my duffel bag on the bed before turning to give me another hug.

“Really it’s fine. But I’m going back downstairs to get some rest, been busy lately. Please be safe girls whenever you’re out.” He was in the doorway now.

“We will dad.” Bella and I both responded together.

“Thank you girls, sleep tight and Bella you’re taking Tay to school tomorrow.” He smiled before we heard him go down the stairs.

“Dad’s just a little paranoid now I take it.” I took the initiative to start the conversation. She simply nodded before sitting herself in the desk’s chair. Okay, well this isn’t going to be very fun if she’s never gonna to talk. “So how’s our school?”

“Nothing special, small people are going to think you’re the best thing since sliced bread.” I laughed at her comment that made her smile again.

“Is it that bad?” I unzipped my first suitcase deciding that I should at least start unpacking.

“Well it’s school and everyone eventually stops.” She was still smiling as she came over grabbing a few things from me and setting them in the closet. I thanked her as we made idle chat as she filled me in on things around here, which really wasn’t anything special.

We finished packing about an hour later, as it was nearing nine o’clock. Bella said goodnight claiming she had some homework to finish before she headed off to bed, leaving me to sit on my bed glancing around my new room. I got up looking out the window seeing nothing but the forests edge that was only a few yards away. It looked like it went on forever around here I hoped I would never get lost. I yawned before twisting myself back around flopping on my bed again; I was already in my pajamas. It wasn’t long before I felt myself slipping off to sleep wondering how my first day would go.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm updating the chapters I have out so far :) so one more for tonight and then hopefully the next one will be out tomorrow <3 Rylan