Status: Pleasantly Finished <3 :D Thank you all <3

Everything but My Heart

20

It was quiet; only the glow from the T.V. was beaming into the otherwise darkness that surrounded the house. I could hear my dad snoring on his usual spot on the couch I only guessed at the fact that was the reason for the T.V being on. Bella was asleep too; her breathing was even she must have been peaceful. I hopped Edward or Jake didn’t decide to pop for a visit I wasn’t entirely ready for a homecoming yet. I slowly made my way to the cover of the forest, I needed to drink, I was so weak from the day’s actions that I was surprised I didn’t keel over. I found a log section from a broken down tree and I looked around listening for anything. I had no idea where the Cullen/Quileute line was and I really didn’t want to run into the boys I didn’t think they’d quite understand. I sat down pulling out one of my many new bags; they were about a size and a half of the other bags meaning I’d hopefully only need one.

I had used my powers immensely today, and did a few stupid things but it was all for the greater good of myself. Selfish I know but if I didn’t want to run around sinking my teeth into everything that moved I need this blood. I controlled two people at once today, something I had no idea I was even capable of. Was it stupid? Yes. Was it necessary? Yes. Was it ballsy? You bet your booty it was. Now that I knew I had the power to expand my control I just needed to practice. It was a smooth yet almost busted operation I just hoped the security cameras were seriously turned off like I controlled, I wouldn’t want the sweet lady who I controlled to lose her job.

The moon illuminated some parts of the forest the areas where the treetops weren’t quite connected with their leaves. I constantly kept my ears and eyes peeled for anything that was a threat as I sipped serenely on my blood substitute. The wind was calm only a gentle breeze passed through the trees as they moved together as if choreographed dancers. It was then I heard a growl from behind me; I froze as I set my bag of lack luster crimson liquid down. Turning I saw a huge wolf, much like my boys, except this wolf was lighter and clearly didn’t recognize me as it continued to growl. I must have been safe still since it didn’t charge it was then my memory kicked in and I hastened to connect to its mind. “Where are you?” A familiar commanding voice asked inside the wolf’s head, now I knew it was a shape shifter. I remained silent hoping he would say something else. “Leah!”

“Don’t worry, she’s on the Cullen side now Sam.” I answered him telepathy through this Leah girl.

“Okay well stay close, she may come back. If you need backup tell us.” Someone else saying something but I didn’t follow his voice nor did I respond. I was too busy trying to see if my idea would work. ‘Phase’ I thought hard in my mind; thank God I had just recharged myself partially. I left her mind seeing her half naked a pair of denim shorts that were on the longer side and a black wife beater tank top lying next to her on the ground.

“What the hell did you do to me?” She demanded furiously looking at me with daggers in her eyes.

“Please I need to talk to you, please calm down. I don’t know if I have enough energy to control you again.” I explained staying on my side and not daring to get any closer like she did.

“You’re a leech, why would I listen to anything you needed to say?” She did have a good logic I supposed. She seemed very much like a tomboy, her hair was cut short and she had strong features accompanied by broad shoulders. None of which were a bad thing to have, I didn’t think she was ugly by any means I just think she would have looked better with longer hair.

“Because I know your pack, and the Cullens, sort of.” I reasoned and I saw confusion on her face.

“Who the hell are you?”

“My name is Taysia Swan, I’m Bella’s sister, well was? Am? I’m not entirely sure with this whole dead and alive thing.” I had a small hint of amusement with this grim topic but she seemed unphased.

“Wait,” She was calmer now as if she was looking me over, trying to understand. “You are, your funeral. You used to have green eyes. It was the day after my father’s funeral.” She was quiet at her realization, oh Mr. Clearwater I nearly forgot all about him.

“I’m sorry for your loss.” I consoled as I now took a step forward.

“Hey don’t come any closer.” She warned. “What are you?”

“A vampire?” I answered not really knowing if that was the answer she wanted and judging by the look on her face it wasn’t.

“I mean do you drink human or animal?” I wondered if she could smell my blood, it didn’t really have a smell to me since it was artificially created.

“Neither, I drink synthetic that way I don’t hurt anything.” I turned to grab my bag so she believed me but there was still a skeptic glare in her eyes. I didn’t want her to see my powers yet as I strolled over picking up the bag. I took a quick sip before stretching my hand over the line where she snatched the bag holding it to her nose. She looked at it for a few more minutes in silence before handing it back over to me.

“So you’re Jake’s imprint.” She said softly after another minute of silence.

“Excuse me?” I questioned nearly choking on the blood that was currently sliding down my throat.

“Never mind.” She hurried the thought away.

“Could you do me a favor?” I asked her having a feeling she wouldn’t obey even if she told me she would. She merely nodded with a shrug. “Could you keep this whole meeting me thing a secret? It’s best if I remain unnoticed for a while.”

“A while? I’d give it maybe until tomorrow by the time they caught your scent. I don’t know though you don’t smell like a vampire, you smell sweet like perfume. I’m sure it would only be days though if you hung out by the forest the entire time.” She was pulling on her clothes now since she seemed to have dropped her guard a little.

“Oh.” I said before sighing and rubbing my temples my plans of staying in the forest were ruined. “I’ll figure something out I guess besides my sister’s graduation is in two days correct? After that I’ll reveal myself.”

“You should be safe, but we’re still on the prowl for the red head. I thought you were here at first from behind.”

“Victoria right?” I asked pulling the log over telepathically seeing Leah’s eyes widen as I placed it in between the division of our two imaginary halves. “Please have a seat on me.” I smiled enjoying the company of talking to someone for more than just a plane ticket or hotel room. She followed after I sat down and I could feel something was tense within her.

“We’ve been after her for months, that stupid sister of yours. No offense.” I chuckled lightly as she groaned her face into her hands.

“None taken.” I waved my hand letting her know I heard it all the time.

“If you don’t mind me asking, why are you here?” That one question triggered a three-hour discussion. I had never bonded with another female, sometimes not even my own sister as I did with Leah. The guys thankfully didn’t come looking for her as the sun was beginning to shine and the moon said goodbye for his twelve-hour nap. We talked about our conditions, our problems and she told me all about her upset with Sam, which she told me made her a complete bitch all the time but I shot her down saying she wasn’t. She wished me luck and gave me a brief hug, “thank you,” she whispered in my ear before she phased again nodding her furry head before sprinting back to the way she must have come from. I hoped she kept my promise, I desperately needed this but more importantly I needed somewhere to hide.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay :) A new friend, remember to comment it juices my thoughts lol <3 Rylan