Status: Pleasantly Finished <3 :D Thank you all <3

Everything but My Heart

21

The day was bright and thankfully the night before I made my plan of action. The school was completely surrounded by the forest so it would be easy to take cover I just hoped the Cullen’s hadn’t picked up on my scent. I needed to remain unknown for at least just until the end of the night, most likely after the party Leah told me about that was taking place at the Cullen’s. I sighed sitting on my usual broken down tree scanning the forest for anything, always alert for someone to discover me.

I don’t know if I was ever more excited for anything in either life I had, living or vampire. I hoped she would be happy to see me; I gave my life for her. I wasn’t sure if there was ever a greater sacrifice ever known to man but it seemed pretty extreme to me.

My day passed by slowly until finally it was my hour to shine. This would have been almost true given the fact that of course, today was one of the sunnier days in Forks meaning it was still hanging low in the sky as I hurried through the forest. I peered through the trees seeing my ex high school standing in the fading light, my past classmates skipping excitedly in groups. That would never be me, maybe someday? If I chose to be like the Cullen’s.

I waited for the man I sought to jump into, the janitor who would stand idly off to the side minding his own business under my control. The clock neared seven with only a few minutes to spare as I saw my target emptying a large garbage bag into the dumpster which was hidden by most view, except mine, thanks to a brick wall. I made sure I was hidden well as I jumped to him. He was a lonely man that I could sense the second I entered; widowed with only one daughter whom he hadn’t seen since she in fact was graduating, which was twelve years ago. I made him smile as he entered the school passing a few parents that were scrambling to get into a seat before the ceremony started. He headed to the side standing near the back, my eyes, well his eyes scanned the crowd the objective being Bella or at the very least Edward. Jessica’s speech began and I continued my search I even moved a few times without getting a curious look. Poor man, I thought when I finally spotted Edward. “Now is the time to make mistakes.” Jessica spoke and I saw the look on Bella’s face; it was filled with uneasiness, as if she had several regrets and her mind was thinking of a hundred different things at once. “Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love- a lot.” I listened, liking Jessica, even if by a little smidge more than I previously did soaking in her words. I had an entire lifetime to make mistakes now, well maybe not if I made a big enough one like I might have already done.

Everyone clapped as Jessica marched back to her seat I watched her and she gave me a dirty look, okay I’m the janitor not the Devil, and completely not interested in you. I rolled his dark brown eyes that lost all happiness a few years back. One by one the students names were called aloud, they each marched across the stage and their respective parents and friends and family gave loud hoots and hollers. I kept myself quiet when Bella’s name was called, it would be really odd for the janitor to comment right? She smiled at our dad; my mom wasn’t present which I thought was weird? But I guessed hopefully she would go to Bella’s college graduation, I’d be there anyways.

At this point there was no reason for me to be there anymore so I turned and left, it’s not like I was missing too many more kids. I left him at the dumpster returning to my own body feeling exhausted. I dug up the blood bag I buried for safe keeping in case someone came to poke around. The stars were out now as the clouds shielded them occasionally from my view. I sighed and ripped open the bag quickly so I could gulp the entire bag in record time.

No one had noticed my presence maybe the Cullen’s couldn’t catch my scent? It was gleaming in the moonlight the woods as I hurried to the trashcan obviously unseen even by the people who were exiting the school. Back in the cover of the woods I went for a stroll, surely the Cullen’s would sense me if I was closer to them in my body. I took a stroll in some direction; the only thing I knew is it was guiding me away from my house. I wandered for a while exchanging between walking and running which means I could easily be in another few cities over. Where was I? It looked familiar but I couldn’t place my finger on it. I smelled someone, a vampire, but no one I’d ever met. I remained still hoping to go undetected until I heard them snap a few twigs to my left. I listened hard but hearing was not my strong point unfortunately I guess you can’t be good at everything. “I was looking for you here Tay.” A dark voice called from behind me causing me to spin quickly.

“Who are you?” I noticed his red eyes immediately; it signaled a warning to me even before I took in his pale complexion and sandy blonde hair he couldn’t have been but two or three years older than myself.

“My name’s not important, but what your past and the talents you possess fall highly into my needs.” His voice was smooth, like he wasn’t really threat but I could hear the lingering of menace in his words.

“Well I’m not interested.” I said tunring away hoping that would be enough for the strange boy to get away from me.

“Well that’s not a good enough answer.” He said and I turned for him to push me into a tree, it broke but I was fine as I brushed myself off seeing him charging at me again. I didn’t know what hit me that time, the boy that was attempting to break my bones or a semi-truck. I fell into another tree this time I stayed there for a minute I rubbed the back of my head which was the impact point. His red eyes glared at me as there was a smile on his face. “You know you can’t escape me Tay.” His tone was still meancing as he mocked me, “she needs you.” The few cuts that I had were healing themselves as he picked me up by the arm effortlessly. The tree was shattered as he helld me at his side.

“Please, what do you need me for?” I pleaded a single tear shimmering down my cheek from fright, I knew I could never win in a fight against him.

“Rare you are indeed. Are you headed home Tay?” The mockery still rang before he slammed me to the ground again this time my vision was covered in black, “I’ll be sseing you soon.” He sneered before I heard him take off, leaving me unconcious on the cold forest ground.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long school is finally over :) Lots more time to update now!! My laptop is sort of broken so it still might take some time but I would really appreciate more feedback and thank you to all those who have been <3 Rylan