Status: Pleasantly Finished <3 :D Thank you all <3

Everything but My Heart

23

Bella's gentle snoring was in my ear as I peeked my eyes open to see her drooling on the pillow, usually I would have been grossed out but I had nowhere to go since her arm was draped tightly around me. I shook her gently stirring her slightly because I knew we had a big day ahead of us. The Cullens were going to train me in how to fight like a vampire, except I figured it would be more or less the same thing as being a human. Bella's grip loosened as she yawned pushing her eyes open as they stared at me a smile spread across her face. "You have no idea how happy I am to see you again." I smiled at her words and gave her a quick hug before pushing the cover off us. "Let's go sunshine we have a trying day." She looked glum again but I winked at her before I skipped to go get ready.

Edward had his arm hung around Bella's shoulder as we waited for the wolves to arrive, if they were even going to show. I felt the butterflies in my stomach and cursed them wishing I could just run, which theoretically I could but in was here for Bella. Jasper had showed me a few moves before, just the basic blocks and punches so I could at least do something when we practiced more. We heard them coming, their paws gently crunching the sticks and leaves underneath them. They were just as massive as I remembered and I stayed towards the back of the crowd so they couldn't see me as well. "They don't trust us enough to be in their human form." Edward nearly sneered to us as they formed a semi circle on the small ledge of land above before it dipped into the plain where we stood. 

"They came, that's all that matters." Carlisle spoke softly as they hesitantly came down a little closer with no difficulty of the terrain. I took a deep breath and I felt a hand touch my arm. 

"Relax kiddo." Emmett smiled and I returned a nervous one. 

"Do you think you could translate?" Edward was directed by Carlisle and he simply nodded. "Good morning, thank you for coming. Jasper has some past experience when it comes to fighting with newborns." Carlisle began wasting no time his eyes flashing to meet my silver ones. Carlilse said a few more things and Jasper took over explaining to them why a newborn differed from any other vampire. I listened closely hearing him say that I was a great deal stronger than them with my human blood still hanging out inside my body. I had seen a glimpse of this in practice but I didn't know how true it was. But if I was so strong then hey couldn't I take on that guy in the forest? Riley, as I came to learn his name this morning. Maybe because you didn't fight back moron, I spoke to myself in my head. 

Bella glanced over to see one of the biggest wolves looking at her, "hey Jake." She mumbled and Alice stood by her side.

The practice started out with Emmett and Jasper, I watched amazed as the whipped around each other dodging attacks and trying to lay blows on each other. Jasper pinned Emmett to the ground after he tried to tackle his opponent. "Never lose focus." 

Next was Edward and Carlisle, Carlisle was the victor after the good fight when he surprisingly popped Edward to the ground after he thought he had won. "Always keep an enemy down." 

I sighed knowing it was my turn after Alice and Jasper had their love on the battlefield moment, my opponent was Edward. I had been hidden this entire time and now the boys would see the monster I became, I half expected them to think that they would rather have me completely dead. "Go get him tiger." Emmett winked encouragingly as I stepped from behind from. 

"Its alright Tay, he'll go easy." The mention of my name brought the wolves attention up and I couldn't look into their eyes as I took my place. I felt like I would throw up before I heard my name being called from behind me since thats where I decided to stand. I knew it was Embry. I choked and Edward nodded his head and I turned around seeing him shirtless. So long had I dreamed about seeing them again and now here I was feeling sick and ashamed. "You're alive?" He was the only one who phased the others watched interested but I had no idea what they were thinking. 

"Sort of." I chuckled darkly at my own sick joke and he smiled. I couldn't take it anymore as we stood there watching each other. I ran to him, which was very quickly the wolves looked uneasy and shifted a little until I tackled Embry to the ground hugging him tightly. I felt a few tears slip from my eyes instead of the typical one, they landed sparkling on his bare chest. 

"I'd rather have my best friend be a vampire than dead I suppose." I looked at him with a smile before I stood, the butterflies went away a bit but I much would have rather just stayed with Embry. I wiped the glitter wetness away from my eyes smudging a bit of my eyeliner in the process. Just because I looked like a bum in my comfy outfit didn't mean I didn't make myself presentable. I looked overly quickly for the first time at the wolf I knew was Jake and his chocolate eyes watched my every move.   

"You know, I think we're done for the day Tay. We can meet again tomorrow morning same time same place." Carlisle spoke looking at me and I shook my head, "let's just get this over with now." I smiled again taking my same place getting ready by copying Edward's stance. 

"If I can tackle a werewolf I think I can take you on." I told Edward trying to intimidate him with the new found power I just witnessed. He stilled himself for a few seconds before he ran at me but I simply put my hand out and he fell to the ground hard. I smiled and then proceeded to help him up ignoring one of Jaspers rules but he took my hand and twisted it behind my back. I kicked the backside of his knee making his leg give a bit and then I launched myself plummeting him to the ground again, this time I sat and held his hands near the side of his face. He went to head butt me but I back away he then turned us over but I pushed him off me and he landed gracefully on the ground. I quickly scrambled up waiting to see who would attack first, I guessed he was leaving it to me. I ran towards him seeing he was running as well, I slide beside him as I went to punch the side of my head he turned and grabbed my arm which I pulled away quickly as I kicked and pushed him to the ground for the last time before I looked into his eyes seeing he was done. "Not bad, now sadly I can't get out of your newborn death grip." He smiled as I released my hold on him.  

"Damn girl, where did that come from?" Emmett slung his arm around my shoulder as soon as I helped Edward up and Rosalie looked a tad bitter. I saw Bella speaking to Jake whom was focused on her for now, but I didn't let myself care I was on such a high.  

"Umm, I dunno exactly." I smiled feeling confident, not only did I have kick ass powers but at the time I was stronger than most. 

"Better not mess with this chick, shes small but she will kick your ass." He spoke to no one particular and I rolled my eyes seeing Jake watching me intently again but I shifted my eyes to the ground. It was then I looked up to see a familiar light colored wolf standing directly in front of me, Emmett moved to go be with Rosalie, I didn't know if it was because she was so close.

"Hello Leah." I was debating whether to touch her or not and I decided to pat her head adoringly as a friend. She nudged me with a pretty good force and I fell to the ground softly since I wasn't prepared for her "attack". "Hey now unfair." Everyone from both sides watched the interaction take place as Leah and I played around which we didn't notice. Her head nudged me as she had me "pinned" to the ground I could have very easily got up but I decided to be creative. My eyes flashed before I was inside Leah's head I saw myself lying on the ground blank and more or less lifeless. I made her phase, she had clothes on I knew since I was technically her right now. Everyone watched in shock at my power in use. I made her then smile and do a small jig, something I knew she would never usually do. I went back to myself pushing off the ground seeing normal Leah at my side. 

"Again really?" She gave me a hug this time, she had been very helpful hen I was alone and planning the whole graduation bit. 

"Eh use the power you got right?" I shrugged before she turned to Sam who nodded his head. "Leaving?" 

"Gotta follow the boss man.". I sighed already knowing her situation with Sam since she told me the day before yesterday. I still liked Sam, I knew it wasn't his fault. 

"See ya Leah, stay safe okay." 

"After seeing what you can do girl, I'm keeping a knife on me."

"Not much good that'll do ya." I laughed and she transformed again into her beautiful wolf self in a matter of minutes. I waved to the rest of the boys, I would have to ask Edward what they were thinking. I could still see the pain in Embry's eyes as he turned to walk away following Sam. I waved to him alone as my smile faded, I needed to see him again. I wasn't about to let the constraints of being a vampire ruin some of the best people I had ever known. Jake was the last to leave as he muzzled himself against my sister and Edward growled softly. His eyes flashed to Edward and then to me as he walked away joining the rest of his pack. I couldn't help the butterflies returning and the sickening sadness that struck me as I looked into Jake's eyes. It was if at that moment I realized I could no longer ever be with him. But if that was the case then why, why did I feel like my heart was beating again?                              
♠ ♠ ♠
First off a big thanks goes out to XxFrozenxHeartxX and BloodSavior for commenting :) You made me write the next chapter at 3:44 in the morning. I finally made the boys discover Tay :) Not exactly what I originally had in mind but in some cases this works out better. Oh and Tay totally kicked Edwards skinny pale ass :D I love feedback <3 Rylan