Status: Pleasantly Finished <3 :D Thank you all <3

Everything but My Heart

26

It was a breezy day, there was no sun out but the weather was still decently warm. We were standing in the forest making a plan for the attack that Alice had seen meaning it was coming sooner than we had thought. I hadn't seen Riley since that day on the beach a week or so back and I was pretty thankful he gave me the creeps. Edward and Bella were huddled together whispering softly to each other not like Jasper and I couldn't hear what they were saying anyway. "God, you'd think for them being as fast as they always brag and all that they wouldn't take so damn long." Jasper chuckled with a bright smile before we heard them thundering towards us, thankfully they had the manners to phase behind the tree getting themselves dressed. 

"We still heard that." Paul's voice said as he came towards us. 

"Well I certainly wasn't quite about it, I think Seattle heard." I pointed in the direction I believed the city to be in, but I was sure I was wrong cause they laughed. 

"Seattle's that way Tay." Jasper's calm southern accent pointed in the opposite way I was.  

"Who cares I was being dramatic." I waved my hand like it didn't matter and it didn't we were here to set the plan for Bella. I skipped to Paul who I pushed making him wobble but he didn't actually fall or really come close. "Doesn't it suck to know a girl is stronger than you." I chuckled before I jumped into Embry's arms as he held me bridal style. 

"Hows it going?" He asked as he set me back on the ground. 

"Same old same old." I smiled before noticing Jake who was entirely entranced in the Bella-Edward huddle, I'm sure he was listening cause he seemed to be getting angry. "Literally." I nudged Embry to look at his friend and he simply rolled his eyes. 

I walked over to Jake's side and he didn't even notice until I put my hand on his shirtless and very muscular forearm, I nearly drooled, but I contained myself. "Hey there stud muffin, what's got your panties in a bunch." He didn't say anything as he looked down at me with that look and I only smiled at him patting his arm a few times before I broke away from him. I was over to Bella and Edward in the blink of an eye and they remained talking until I cleared my throat. "Are we just about finished here?" 

"Yeah, we are." Bella turned away from Edward and turned her attention to smile at Jake who seemed much visibly happier. I sighed and Edward looked as if he had the same sentiment on his mind. 

Edward stood with Jasper grumbling while I was joking around with Paul and Embry. Since my "little" meltdown at Emily's everything sort of seemed the way as it was before, now we simply joked about our rivalry. They still weren't entirely sure on the other Cullen's but no one seemed to mind having me around. It was nice being carefree about most everything except the attack that was coming which still made me anxious. 

"Edward looks pissed." Paul laughed a little and Edward snapped a glare in our direction so I felt the need to defend him.

"Wouldn't you be too if your girlfriend was parading around with another guy? Especially when he's shirtless, buff beyond all belief, and basically the epitome of tall, dark and handsome?" Paul stopped laughing and became serious. 

"I would kill him." The sad thing is I'm sure Paul would so now it was my turn to laugh. "And to me it sounds like someone has a crush." Embry and Paul smirked at me and I rolled my eyes.

"You know it would be a shame to have to break your arm which I could do with a snap." Paul was about to say something else but the duo who had disappeared into the forest came back after ten minutes. Bella seemed happy even after Edward snatched her from Jake's arms he kept giving him a look as if it were like a warning. He sauntered over to us with a pissy look on his face and I knew he would be in a bad mood for the rest of the time we hung out. 

"Ready to go Romeo?" I smirked feeling evil as Paul made his comment and Jake pushed past him as he stormed into the forest. 

"Paul leave him alone." I slapped his arm and I turned to see Jasper, Bella and Edward had left already without me even knowing. "Well so much for saying goodbye, whatever. Let's go Embry." 

"I'm sure Edward just wanted to get away from us." He put his arm around my shoulder before dropping it as they went to go phase. 

"Just to let you know this is a race, and i'm going to kick tour furry asses." All I heard were some laughs except for from Jake who I already saw was in his wolf form. I saw the wolves that were Paul and I smiled staying where I was motioning that I was giving them a head start. "You'll need it." I smiled before I started counting down from three. 

As soon as I said 'go' they were off and they were fast, too bad for them I was faster since I darted past them with a big smile on my face it was like a rush as I knew Emily and Sam's house was near. The guys weren't too far behind maybe a few yards but the fact was that I beat them and I wasn't about to hold it in. I had already begun my victory dance as they phased back to normal, I was shaking my hips and pumping my fists around. "I won, I won." I felt ten again as I stuck my tongue out at the oversized boys who looked completely defeated. 

"You cheated." 

"How in the he'll could I cheat? We were running in the forest it's not like I set a trap like in the movies." Sam, Seth, Leah, Jared and Emily came to see what the new ruckus was. 

"I dunno you used your undead magic on us." Paul smirked.

"Undead magic huh?" 

"Yeah." 

"Well then you won't mind a rematch would you fuzz butt?" I poked his muscle filled chest and he smirked even larger. 

"When and where baby?" I smirked this time thinking thoughtfully.

"Now, to the cliffs." 

"Sure thing Princess." I smiled at him as he went and phased again, I heard Seth and Embry making a bet with Jared and Sam that I would win. Jake was silent since we came back but he watched and I thought I saw something flash in his eyes when I was close to Paul. I ignored it and waited for Embry to count down his time. 

Paul darted off when Embry said one, but I waited a few seconds winking at the guys before I took off I could see Paul ahead of me and I quickly passed him another few seconds later. I kept running till I reached the edge of the cliff stopping to stare at the water below remembering the last time I was here. Paul phased behind the trees and came out shirtless, shocker I know. I smiled with the widest grin I could muster as he merely threw me over his shoulder and I laughed as I pounded on his back. "Okay Fido put me down." I giggled as set me down. 

"Gotta hand it to ya leech, you're pretty fast."

"Thanks Paul that means a lot to me." I stuck my tongue out at him again and looked into the water below. The waves were crashing against the side hard, just like they were the day Bella and I had been here. 

The images flashed through my head again as I relieved the fall in my head remember the plunging feeling into the ice cold water. The last words we ever exchanged were hateful and jealous before I gave my life up for her. I thought I was over this but seeing that image replaying in my head, my own sister pushing me off a cliff. I couldn't snap out of it, the waves crashing, I felt my throat clenching but I didn't even need oxygen.

"Tay!" I felt myself being pulled away from the edge my mind forgetting the events that just happened. "Tay?" Whoever had me shook me gently. 

"Yeah, what?" I shook my own head clearing my thoughts. "I'm fine." I started pulling away but the person held me still. 

"Relax." I felt more at ease as his voice whispered in my ear, I leaned back into him closing my eyes. I could almost feel him smile against my ear and I exhaled loudly making him chuckle. I was going to make a smart comment about my sister but I refrained not wanting to ruin the moment he was actually spending with me. "I may not be thrilled with the idea that your a vampire," he paused dramatically, "but I am very glad you came back." He kissed the top of my head before I felt him let go. I stayed where I was wondering if that was a dream or if it really happened. I turned to see I was all alone literally, everyone had left not very far because I could hear them from the beach below where I could see them splashing in the water, minus Jake. It really happened, I could have fainted but I didn't since I heard him still behind me.

"You coming down?" His husky voice had a smile in it as I turned to see his brilliant glow which made a smile break out on my own face. 

"I thought I would do something first." I nodded my head towards the cliff with a more wicked smile. 

"Are you sure?" I nodded as I danced over to him grabbing his big hand in mine as I led him to the edge with me. He didn't shrug my hand away as we looked at each other it was the first time his chocolate eyes were focused only on me. His lips met mine before I had any idea he was getting closer and I pushed my lips back against him. I was surprisingly the first to pull away after another minute of our tongues enjoying each others company. "Lets do this." I said before we jumped off the edge with Jake's hand in mine every feeling I had about him came rushing back. Nothing in this world could make me happier than I was when I remerged to the waters surface feeling accomplished in more than one way.                
   
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys this is sort of another filler chapter but the big one will be soon :) besides there was finally Jacob action in this one... This will start to become more prevalent since obviously it's a Jacob story. I'll update as soon as I can hopefully before the week is out. <3 Rylan

Oh and p.s. There's a story, Soon Enough I Will Find You Again, by Feelin'LikeAMonster cause it's a little different than some that I've read before.

Oh and p.s.s. A big thank you to becka_bloodlust and a major enormous thank you to Charmed.By.Music... Cause you're giving awesome feedback. So thank you :D