Status: Pleasantly Finished <3 :D Thank you all <3

Everything but My Heart

27

Silence filled the room, no one was talking as we waited anxiously all eyes on Alice, waiting for something or anything really to give her a sign of attack. My mind kept flickering back to Jake, who at this very moment was taking Bella to the spot where Edward had set up a camp safe from the fight. She of course requested that Edward be excluded since heavens forbid anything happen to him, but what about the rest of us? Were we chopped liver? Whatever. I kept telling myself to ignore her, just like she and most everyone else seems to do. 

Jake hasn't spoken to me since our day of fun, but I didn't bother contacting him either since knew it would be futile to try and get some sort of explanation on the matter. I desperately wanted to tell the boys to stay out cause they really could get seriously hurt not like we couldn't either but technically Bella was nothing to them other than Jake's little fling. I knew at this point in my heart and my head finally that Jake never had a chance, and never will now that Edward and Bella were engaged. She implored me not to tell Jake or anyone else for that matter so I did like the good person I am. 

Tingles ran up and down my body as a smile spread across my face, everything I had on my mind washed away. I turned to see Jasper with a small smirk on his face and I knew he was the culprit. "You looked stressed." His southern accent soothed in his gentle tone even as the pillow I threw at him flew in the air. He obviously caught it with no struggle as he placed it to his side opposite of Alice. He intertwined their fingers together and the silence resumed. Rosalie was leaning against the kitchen counter looking happier than ever, if only you could see how sarcastic I'm being. Her face held the most sour expression despite her and Bella's understanding of each other. There Emmett was dutifully by her side trying to keep her as calm as possible by rubbing small circles on her back. Carlisle and Esme were the only ones not in the room at the current moment, they were in Carlisle's office discussing something.

I hadn't even noticed the look on Alice's face when Emmett yelled to Carlisle and Esme telling them to hurry. Her face was blank and frozen, we knew she was seeing where they were going to attack us. As soon as Esme and Carlisle burst into the room Alice returned to normal being bombarded with questions. All I really honed in on was the where as best hoping it was near the ravine so the guys could pick up the scent quicker. Alice led us to the spot in the forest the day was and said she didn't see it happening at night which was quickly approaching. That led us to believe they would arrive tomorrow, I excused myself as soon as Alice was sure of our location and I began to make my way to Sam's house. 

They must have heard me coming since they were all on the porch waiting as I slowed myself before the steps. "Hey guys." I loved the fact that I could no longer get winded when running. 

"Any news?" Sam asked, talk about getting right into the business. I nodded repeating everything Alice said and then giving the best information I could on the attack spot. The guys paid close attention and I figured it was no or never to try to talk them out of it. 

"You guys shouldn't be doing this." I said as I followed behind their hulking frames that plopped themselves down into the wooden chairs around the table. 

"Pssh listen babe we live for the danger." Paul answered with his cocky smirk making me roll my eyes. 

"I'm serious Paul." I said but it looked as though the other guys had the same sentiment.

"Don't worry Tay, this is what we're suppose to do. Kick vampire ass." Quil pumped his fist in the air as I held an unamused look. 

"Yeah that seems to be going great since I'm sitting right here." I pointed to myself before tracing some lines in the table. 

"Well you're different." I rolled my eyes again and resisted the urge to say if I had a penny for every time someone told me that. 

"Alright guys." Emily said placing some cookies on the table and they completely forgot everything they were saying. I silently thanked her with a smile as she handed me one before they vanished. You would think I would have learned that I needed to snatch something before they devoured it. I finished my cookie in nibbles as the guys talked about something school related, I think it was the ball that was coming up soonish. 

"Hey short stack what's on your mind?" My eyes met Jared's and I smiled replying with a nothing which he didn't believe but he accepted. 

"I should probably go soon unfortunately." I sighed in realization that this attack was actually happening and there was nothing that cousin stop it, unless we just let them have Bella. Which I really shouldn't have thought that at all since she was after all my sister. 

"What if you get hurt on your way back?" Embry asked as I stood up from the chair hearing someone enter from behind and I hoped it was Jacob but it didn't feel like him. 

"See anything Seth." I was wrong as Sam asked his youngest pack member. "No but Jake's staying with them tonight something about Bella freezing." I waited until I said goodbye to let my mind wander. His muscled bodied was near her soon to be married one and she was probably all over him. Urg it made me sick! No, what did I care? He wants to try and be with her then let him fail hard. I argued with myself as my feet led the way to the Cullens house unbothered. They were all sitting talking over something in the living room but I didn't feel like talking and they could sense it as they remained quietly talking among themselves. I passed by going straight to my room and flopping on the bed letting my head hit the pillow, it hissed as some air escaped. I let my eyes close imagining me being in Bella's position right now, how nice it must or actually not to have two guys after you. I only want one guy after me right now, and it's the one guy who wants absolutely nothing to do with me. Just wait until he find a out about Bella's secret I said lulling myself to sleep. Just wait.  

          
 

    
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay finally :) Sorry I hate life its too busy, not enough hours in the day. I'm going to put another chapter up tomorrow though hopefully and its gonna be a good one <3 So thank you all for hanging in there!

P.s. 27 is my favorite number :)