Status: Pleasantly Finished <3 :D Thank you all <3

Everything but My Heart

2

It was still dark when I awoke, the chill overtaking me as I pushed out of my covers. I shuffled my feet around my room grabbing some clothes before making my way to the bathroom. I set the water to beyond steaming just the way I liked it and eased myself in. After a few minutes of cleansing I stepped out the steam lingering on the mirror before I wiped it away with my towel. Since it was my first day I decided to keep my make up simple; black eyeliner along with some lash extending black mascara, the simplicity still made my eyes pop. Bella was waiting as I stepped out towel in hand with a sleepy look on her face. “Good morning.” I smiled trying to cheer her up; I knew she felt bad for screaming last night and waking me up.

“Morning.” She smiled limply before shutting the bathroom door clothes in hand as I tossed them aside as a dirty pile, I would need to get a hamper soon. I resisted the urge to rub my eyes before I went into my closet locating my Vera Bradley little backpack in Twirly Bird Pink that Bella had given me a folder and a notebook to put inside. I slipped it over my shoulders having the small pouch settle perfectly between my shoulder blades. I heard Bella in the shower and decided to head on down and get myself at least a little breakfast before my first day I needed to look perky.

It felt like no time at all as we were in Bella’s truck almost to school we whizzed past the forest, being the only travelers on the road. Our ride was silent again; the new advanced radio in her beat up old truck not even on, it was only a few minutes before the clearing in the trees that held the school was visible. The parking lot was small but it was already almost filled up, many students were standing around outside chatting with friends. I felt my nerves build in my stomach making me a little queasy, as Bella pulled into a parking spot in the second row. “Ready?” She asked glancing at me quickly before she pushed open her door. I smiled briefly before following grabbing my bag from beside me and slipping it back over my shoulders. Everyone’s eyes were on me after they heard the doors shut; I was officially the talk of the school as I saw people lean in whispering amongst each other.

“Maybe she turned lesbian after Edward left?” I heard some say as we walked past heading towards the main entrance. “She’s hot.” I tried not to look around at the faces, but rather keep my attention to the ground as I ignored the comments we heard. I followed behind Bella nearly right on top of her as she turned into an open doorway that displayed a small wooden plaque ‘Office’ above the entrance.

“Hello Ms. Gunter.” Bella said to the middle-aged woman whose raven hair was pulled tightly into a bun.

“Ah Bella, this must be your sister.” She said, I was now standing next to Bella I simply smiled. She turned around before rummaging through a file cabinet spinning back around reading a folder she held. “Taysia correct?”

“That’s me.” I was still smiling as she opened the folder taking out three sheets of paper; I took them in my hands seeing my schedule, locker assignment, and a small map of the school. “Thank you.” I said before she wished us off telling me to come here if I had any questions. Bella was peered over my shoulder at my schedule as we left the office into the now crowded halls of Forks High School where we received looks.

“Alright so I’ll walk you to your first class, do you think you can find the rest on your own?” Bella pulled my arm down the hallway so I didn’t get separated into the mass that was intently following us.

“I should be able to.” I smiled looking at the door numbers as we passed by the endless row of lockers.

“At least we have lunch together, I’ll meet you by your fifth period class so we can go down there.” She told me before we stopped in front of a door that had a picture of something trying to make math seem fun. “Here’s your first class, have fun and just don’t be shy.” She smiled before she initiated the hug.

“I won’t you know me.” I smiled widely before saying goodbye; I saw her turn down the hallway in the opposite direction as I blocked the entrance.

“Are you just going to stand there all day?” An irritated voice asked making me realize my offense a few seconds later. It was a boy, who obviously didn’t give any thought to the idea that I was new.

“Sorry.” I mumbled not really meaning it before I actually went into the room seeing my wrinkled and definitely boring (I could already tell) teacher reading from a book. I approached his desk admiring it’s organization that was a rare sight to find. He looked up from his book as he saw me, I didn’t need to say anything as he simply pointed the chair that was sitting right in the front row. “Thanks.” I said before I took the four steps pulling my bag off my shoulders and sitting down in the desk.

Math and all my other classes were nothing special, only a few teachers asked me to tell a little about myself, this was where their ideas of me and Bella being lesbians were squashed. Bella was perched outside my door as I followed behind the students hurriedly filing out of Ms. Grubner’s horridly boring history class. It was kind of a bummer since history had always been my most favorite subject. “Hey Bels.” I smiled as she caught my attention.

“Hey, how are your classes going?” She made idle chat on our way to the cafeteria.

“Pretty good, a few people have talked to me, every one seems nice.” I paid attention to where we were.

“That’s good.” She looked at the ground, all hints of happiness gone when we got into the cafeteria, “We’re gonna sit with a few friends, is that okay?” She asked me as she looked to a circular table where a blonde boy currently sat next to an Asian looking boy.

“Yeah, I don’t care.” I nudged her to get her attention from the floor, “They’re checking you out.” I kept my voice low.

“Not quite.” I produced a small smile on her lips. We got through the line quickly as Bella left with some spaghetti and a small salad, while I just grabbed a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I wasn’t feeling overly hungry. Our direction was headed towards the table where two other girls now sat we would make it six.

“Oh, so there’s the miss swan we know and love.” The blonde boy called out as Bella had set her food down and started pulling out her chair next to the light brunette girl.

“Yeah, hey guys.” Bella said softly tucking her hair behind her ear as she sat down.

“So what makes you join us again?” The Asian boy asked making Bella blush with her fork full of spaghetti.

“So you guys could meet my sister.” She swallowed quickly to give her answer. “Guys this is Taysia.”

“Hi.” I smiled, “You can just call me Tay though.”

“I’m Mike.” The blonde hairs boy face beamed as he rushed to shake my hand. The light brunette did not look happy at all despite her minor attempt. “This is Jess.” He pointed the girl I was just referring to in my head. I could already tell she wasn’t someone I was particularly going to get along with.

“I’m Angela.” The other girl who was very pretty despite her semi-nerdy looks smiled.

“And I’m Eric.” The Asian boy finally introduced himself stretching over the table to shake my hand.

“Nice to meet you, so uh, what’s fun to do around here?” I asked them as I started to peel the saran wrap off my sandwich.

“Absolutely nothing.” Mike laughed.

“Well that’s not entirely true.” Angela interjected, “There’s the beach in La Push, and Port Angeles which is only like an hour or so drive away.”

“Port Angeles has stores and a movie theater, restaurants.” Eric added in.

“It’s where everyone goes on dates.” Jessica finally said something while fluttering her eyes at Mike.

“Oh well this place isn’t that cut off then.” I smiled at Bella who remained silent. We continued talking about nothings while I finished my sandwich and then standing up.

“Where are you going?” Mike asked seeing how I threw my wrapper away and tossed my bag back on my shoulders.

“Gonna go try to find the rest of my classrooms so I’m not wandering.” I said before saying goodbye to everyone. I was being watched as I left the cafeteria, but I wasn’t alone long as I heard someone walking close behind me as I came into the hallway.

“Hey Tay wait up.” Mike’s voice echoed down the near empty hall, I turned to see him jogging towards me. “I figured it might be easier if ya know, I showed you around.” He smiled. He was cute, but definitely not my type.

“Sure, thanks.” I smiled back as we walked side by side.

“So what made you join us here?” He asked.

“To see my dad and Bella.” I kept my answer short.

“Well it’s a good thing, Bella hasn’t talked to us since ya know.” He trailed off, “Since he left she’s been quiet, and avoiding everyone.”

“So I was told, and that’s why I’m here.” I added.

“Well it’s a good thing.” He repeated smiling wider.

The rest of the day went on as I laid in my bed thinking about how bad off Bella must be. She never said more than three things in any given conversation; she seemed distant even from me. Romeo and Juliet was propped open as I read about the star-crossed lovers. “Things like that don’t happen.” I huffed to myself as I placed a bookmark on my page before closing it. I rolled over on my back closing my eyes remembering Steven, the boy I left to come here. It gave me a good excuse, we weren’t going anywhere far it was just a fling. I believed in love, but on one hand it just crushed feelings, Bella was living proof.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last one for the night :) Don't forget to please please please give me comments :) <3 Rylan

Btw heres the outfit for the chapter :/ I tried to do a hyperlink but it didn't work: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=24076191