Status: Pleasantly Finished <3 :D Thank you all <3

Everything but My Heart

31

Weeks went by and my ribs were as good as new, Jacob and I still had our continuous circle of affection; one day we were as happy as any young couple and the next we would be at each others throats. Bella and Edward were starting to plan their wedding which surprisingly enough to everyone he accepted quite easily much to Jacobs dismay. Bella apologized a while back taking the blame for everything and saying she would stay away from Jacob, but I wondered if it was mostly due to her marriage.

I felt uncomfortable as I sat in the oversized clothes my head pulled back into a head-retching ponytail with a scratchy curly black wig. My vision was slightly blurred form the non-stop irritation from the brown contacts I was wearing as my butt ached in the plastic chair. I was undercover at the moment in the flower shop where Embry was having the overly enthusiastic woman telling him what flowers he should put in the corsage. Yes everyone it was that time of year for the juniors. He flashed me a white daisy and I gave him a half ass thumbs since I was suppose to be a guy after all and flowers just don’t seem like something a man would enjoy. “Blake are you going to help me at all?” Embry pretended to be annoyed but before I could answer the lady scowled at me and returned to customer servicing my friend.

I was so happy for him, apparently the girl he was going with is the same person he’d had a crush on for the past two years. Since he finally plucked up the courage to ask her she had said yes, and from what Seth said she seemed really excited. “My brother really doesn’t care much for these kind of events, he hasn’t even asked anyone to go with him yet and it’s next week.” I heard Embry’s voice explain to the lady who gave me yet another look that made it seem like I set fire to her stupid flower store.

“Well you better get your act together young man since prom is like a practice run for marriage.” She was cheerful again probably stuck in the rumination of her own teenage years. I couldn’t help but laugh before I shook my head and left the hard plastic chair behind me as I got some fresh air that was fragrant free.

My hood was up; the huge old school style headphones that weren’t actually playing anything became invisible since most people didn’t sparkle in the sunlight. A few people eyed me silently labeling me a degenerate wondering where my life turned wrong and scooted past me quickly. I’m not saying I didn’t look like a hoodlum in my dark wash denim jeans that were hardly held up by a borrowed belt and a black sweatshirt that was easily three times my size. I was walking down the street watching the ground before I knocked into someone who cursed rather loudly and I immediately knew the voice. “Watch where you’re going asshole.” Wow he really did have anger problems. I almost spoke out loud forgetting the fact I looked male so the female voice wouldn’t really fit very well.

“Paul.” I didn’t sound believable at all but it made him stop and turn around, as I was right behind him now.

“”Listen I don’t know how you know my name but back off buddy.”

I was close enough now that it was safe to whisper, “Paul you idiot it’s me.” I flashed the hood off of myself just enough to see him.

“Tay?” I nodded slightly then shielded myself from the flower lady who was walking Embry out. “Oh my God Taylor how awesome it is to see you again man, how have you been.”

“Same ole things, what about you?” People passed us by and Embry said goodbye to the persistent shopkeeper once more before trailing over to us. Paul never answered but greeted his fellow pack mate. “Jesus Embry, I thought maybe you two were gonna get engaged.”

“Shut it Blake.” He emphasized the name and gave me a light shove.

“Oops. Guess I got your name wrong.” Paul laughed and I shook my head at the two idiots I was with as we strolled down the street, Embry looking very masculine with the small plastic container carrying his handpicked corsage.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I'm sorry it's short and completely a filler but I had no idea what else to write :) Besides I updated within the month so I thought it was good enough. I have big plans for the next one so keep the love coming <3 Rylan