Status: Pleasantly Finished <3 :D Thank you all <3

Everything but My Heart

33

“This is it.” I said smoothing my dress over my hips one last time since Paul came upstairs and knocked on the door saying everyone was here including Kim and the girls Embry and Quil were bringing. You look beautiful, there’s no way he can regret this. I kept talking to myself inwardly so the guys couldn’t hear me with their supersonic hearing. “Come on Tay we don’t have all night.” Paul groaned knocking on the door to Emily and Sam’s guest bedroom one more time.

I rolled my eyes at him as I opened the door seeing his annoyed face turn into one of pure shock. “Oh my God Tay you look beautiful.” He stammered and bowed calling me milady before he took my arm in his as we proceeded to the staircase. “You look the hottest, just saying.” He whispered almost barely audible in my ear. When we reached the top of the steps he told me to wait so I listened as he stomped down first and cleared his throat. “Attention ladies and gentleman may I present to you her royal highness Taysia.” I giggled before I began my dramatic movie-style descent down the stairs waving my right hand like Mia was taught to in the Princess Diaries.

“Good Eve my fellow towns folk it is wonderful that you have all gathered for this momentous occasion.” They had smiles on their face but didn’t say anything as Paul helped me down the last few stairs not like I needed it but it was gentlemanly.

“Wow Tay that dress is gorgeous.” Emily pulled away from Sam’s embrace to come and hug me. “And you too of course but wow.” I laughed when Embry even left his date to come swoop me into a spinning hug then making me lose my balance nearly after he set me down. Sam came to talk to me after reddened face Embry returned to his date I heard him mutter something about best friend.

“You look absolutely radiant.” Even though I considered him to be more like my older brother with the family like bond we had I still felt a bubble of warmth my stomach. “You look so mature and elegant, and I’m sure your dad would cry if he saw you like this.” My heart dropped when he mentioned Charlie, I hadn’t thought about him in a few weeks since I was staying with Sam and Emily since his visits to the Black house were becoming more frequent with Bella being so busy. “But just forget about all of that and have fun tonight, Lord only knows you need to get out of this damn house.” He smiled putting his hand on my shoulder before giving me a heartfelt hug.

“I hate to break up the love fest but is there any chance I could possibly see my date.” Jake’s annoyed yet holding playful spirit in it called from behind me. I could have sworn when I turned around it was like in Anastasia where Demetri sees her in the dazzling blue dress on the stairway and his jaw falls open when they are in the opera house.

“Well how do I look?” I asked pushing his chin up making his mouth close.

“Y-you look just,” He stammered as his chocolate eyes danced up and down my body.

“Beautiful, radiant, glamorous, stunning, bewitching, enchanting, marvelous, gorgeous, any of those seem appropriate.” I smiled taking his extremely warm hand in mine for a moment before dropping it realizing I was being incredibly rude. “And I apologize sincerely you must be Stephanie, Embry’s done nothing but talk about you, I’m Tay his best friend it’s so nice to finally meet you so I can put a name to the face.” Both Embry and Stephanie turned a lovely shade of red as they turned to smile at each other. She wasn’t his imprint but he definitely was interested in her.

“Likewise.” She blushed and spoke softly I’m sure she was just nervous being around so many new people.

“Are we ready to party?” Jared yelled causing everyone to clap despite the fact half of them weren’t going.

“Knock ‘em dead.” Paul said winking before giving me a small push, which didn’t agree with my heels very much, but luckily Jake caught me and balanced me out before my ass hit the floor. Jake growled quietly at Paul before he grabbed my hand again escorting me outside to where Embry and Stephanie were headed.

The ride there was silent for the most part we exchanged things of interest or hopefulness about the night. I asked Stephanie a few random getting to know her questions where I learned her favorite color is red, which didn’t surprise me from her dress. Her favorite fruit is an apple, also red, and that her least dislikable actor was Brad Pitt apparently she wasn’t a movie buff. Jake never released my hand so it was getting warm from the contact and I smiled happily since it didn’t bother me one bit.

Their gymnasium was decorated in maroon and gold that could only make one assume that those were their school colors. The school looked about the same size as Forks High and from the looks of it there were a smaller amount of students but it was still a dance in full swing with couples grinding on each other everywhere, with the chaperones that looked like they could care less with their books or half finished sudokos in hand. Jake pulled us away from where Embry and Jared where headed with their dates to dance and I gave him a puzzled look as the song we came into ended. Another fast song played, I wasn’t entirely sure the name of it but I was pretty sure it was Pitbull. He dragged me to a table where he sat down finally releasing my hand as I was left to sit on the other side. “Is there a reason we’re not dancing?” He was looking around before his eyes were brought back to meet mine.

“No, I don’t like dancing.” He didn’t have any emotion just like earlier but at least he wasn’t grumpy.

“Are you kidding me right now, I did not spend a thousand dollars on this dress to sit here.” I stood up making a small scene in front of the people who were dancing nearby. I grabbed his hand again tugging on his hand until he stood up to tower over me even in my heels. “Good boy now let’s go.” We didn’t walk far before I turned around and started dancing with him. He stood there unmoving like a statue for the first few seconds before I grabbed his hands and placed them on my hips. A few more seconds after that and he caught onto my rhythm and slowly started dancing more confidently with me. I smiled back catching his eyes for a glimpse seeing he was smiling even wider than myself. I turned my head back around and he began to get into it even more grinding harder and faster as the song changed into another rap song. I held my dress up to my knees since let’s face it you can’t really move very much with a ton of fabric blocking your feet. A guy asked if he could dance with me and Jake took my hand and led me away from him so he never actually got a verbal answer. I giggled as we moved across the gym coming to where Jared and Embry were with Kim and Stephanie. We resumed our dancing and Jake bent down still dancing just making it feel awkward until he readjusted himself whispering in my ear. “What are you still giggling about?”

“You.” I whispered loudly back not like I needed to be that loud since he could probably hear me perfectly. “You’re sort of possessive.” I could hear Jared and Embry laughing now while still dancing but Stephanie had a confused look on her face, while I’m sure Kim understood it was something said. “Especially for someone who didn’t want to be here in the first place and who doesn’t know how to dance.” More chuckles erupted from our friends and Jake growled again and pulled me away for the millionth time that night.

“Listen.” He said dragging me outside past on of his teachers I guessed since he said hello to Jake.

“I’m all ears.” I yanked my wrist out of his hand as soon as we were under the stars and a few hundred feet away from the school.

“What is your problem?” He was getting agitated at me? Oh hell no.

“You Jacob are my problem.” I said walking away from him and towards the forest.

“Come on Tay really, then why did you ask me to my school dance?” He was right up my butt damn super speediness. He grabbed my upper arm halting me and turning me to face him.

“Because you can’t miss prom Jake, it’s like illegal. And I knew you would have fun but I guess I was wrong.” He sighed and ran a hair through his hair that he spiked up but despite that it remained intact. “You look very handsome tonight by the way, I don’t think I ever actually told you that.” His eyes looked shocked as I put a smirk on my face instead of the scowl I had a moment ago.

He certainly did look extra yummy tonight, with his hair and the tuxedo that made him look like a supermodel rather than a high school student from Forks, Washington. I took his hand forgetting that I was even mad at him in the first place, as I got lost in his eyes. “Let’s go back inside.” I offered and we walked side-by-side feeling the cool air since the gym was hot and stuffy from all the sweaty bodies inside.

The same teacher nodded as we both walked through the doors again this time laughing at absolutely nothing as we hit the dance floor just grooving with each other to the song in a silly manner before we returned to grinding. I thought it was crazy that they hadn’t played any slow songs yet and apparently the DJ, who looked like a student, read my mind as some sappy love song came on. I turned around and Jake put his arms around my waist and I just barely got mine around his neck thankfully the heels make it look less than completely ridiculous. I rested my head on his chest as we began the slow step of a circle, which we would do for the next three minutes or so. “Thank you.” He spoke softly his breath tickling my ear.

“For what exactly Mr. Black.” I smirked against blazer.

“Everything. Making me come tonight, being my smoking hot date,” at this he wiggled his arms making me roll my eyes with a chuckle, “for just always being there and I’m just too stupid to realize it.” Finally a confession, my heart raced metaphorically of course as I felt my nerves dance. He leaned my head up to look at him. “I should have known not to fight this all along.” His face was tilting to meet mine and I happily mirrored his movement until our lips convened into the most passionate kiss we’ve shared. We would have continued like this forever until a teacher came behind us and said that was enough before shuffling away to repeat the message to another couple.

“You’re not stupid Jake, but apparently she is,” I pointed my thumb at the woman who just scolded us, “we can practically have sex with clothes on but kissing isn’t allowed?” Jake laughed heartily and pressed another quick kiss to my lips and then to my forehead before he pulled me back to my head resting on his chest.

“I love you Tay, and I have since that first time I imprinted on you.” His voice sent chills through me again.

“I love you too Jake.” I stroked the short hairs on the back of his neck feeling goose bumps rising on his tanned skin. We shared another kiss, which was ended sooner by the same woman threatening to kick us out, we simply laughed at her as she stormed away to another couple again. Jake and I were completely absorbed by each other we hadn’t even noticed the song changing to a bump and grind song as we continued to stand there motionless.

“Will you be my girlfriend?” I should have seen it coming but I was sort of caught off guard as I nodded my head leading him into another make out session. True to her word the PDA policewoman came back and personally escorted us out as we laughed uncontrollably the entire time. We were too happy to be brought down by something like her as she yelled out a warning to the students who took noticed and whooped and hollered at us gleefully.

“Don’t let them back in Steve.” The woman told the teacher who was guarding the door and he smiled at us as we walked hand in hand outside again.

“So was getting me kicked out of my prom worth coming at all.” He had a lop sided smile mixed with a grin plastered on his face.

“Every second.” I smiled at him knowing I would never grow tired of the way our lips merged made my body feel and under the stars of the night we shared our second kiss as a couple. It made me think that old saying is true, good things come to those who wait and I was definitely glad I waited for this one and I knew my life was going to be perfect from this moment on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright guys this is the end of my beloved story and I want to thank all of you for reading <3 I didn't really have a clear cut ending in mind but when I just wrote this it seemed natural and I am glad with where it stands. I hope you guys enjoyed and keep a lookout for my next story and feel free to always shoot me a friend request so I can check out your stuff! :) Love you all and thanks again for making my first story ten stars! <3 Rylan