Status: Pleasantly Finished <3 :D Thank you all <3

Everything but My Heart

3

The next two days of school weren’t anything special, except my English teacher thought I was her prodigy because I understood Shakespeare. People had continued to talk to me; I had made a few more friends but decided to mostly hand with Bella’s crowd. She was locked in her room again while I was in the kitchen with dad. He was sitting at the kitchen table reading over a police file for the third time. “What are your plans for the day?” He asked taking a sip of his coffee that I set down next to him.

“Nothing.” I said as I pulled out the chair next to him popping a squat.

“Well that’s good, Billy invited us over for dinner tonight. Wanted a little reunion.” My face must have been rather ghastly in confusion, “You don’t remember Billy?” I shook my head, I had only been here a few times when I was little and I wasn’t old enough to remember. “I guess that means you don’t remember Jacob either, but he was playing with Bella while you chased them around the yard.” My face grew red as I smiled remembering vaguely.

“I guess I remember that a little.”

“Well, at any rate. Can you go tell your sister about tonight please Princess?”

“Sure.” I kissed him on the forehead before I skipped up the steps and found myself knocking on Bella’s door.

“Yeah?” She called quietly from inside.

“Can I come in?” I asked my hand already twisting the handle. Her answer letting me open the door to see her perched in her armchair facing the window. “We’re going to the Black’s for dinner dad said.”

“I don’t really,” I cut her off.

“Bella, come on, you have to go.” I sternly told her sitting on her unmade bed.

“I know, it’s just,”

“Bella.” I stood up now getting agitated, “Get ready, you’re going.” Without another word I left her room closing the door loudly behind me so she would get the message. I hated being mean but if its what was necessary then so be it.

I went into my own room to change out of my loungewear and into something more suitable for a dinner engagement, even if it was very informal. I made some funky faces at myself in the mirror after I fixed my make up keeping it simple again with only black eyeliner and mascara. I knew I still had time to kill but I hadn’t the foggiest on what to do.

“How far away do they live?” I asked my dad as we were crammed into Bella’s truck, we didn’t want to cruise around in the police car.

“Not too long, five minutes.” He answered I took notice of the six-pack in his hands.

“Mariners playing dad?” He didn’t need to reply I knew every time he supplied the beer, there was a game that was on and we would defiantly be there for a few hours.

“You bet.” He smiled, “hopefully they’ll pull out a win.” The ride continued for a few more minutes no words were exchanged as I did what I always did, just watching the trees as we drove by. “You’re gonna turn here Bels.” My dad said as we entered the lengthy gravel driveway that was lined with motorcycles that looked out of use. The house looked aged with its red paint and the door open, a man in a wheelchair waiting in the archway. Bella was the last to get out of the car as my dad hastened ahead of us to the door. I laughed as they gave each other a semi-man hug, well the best they could with Billy’s condition.

“Well look how decided to drop by after all these years Taysia, and Bella. Bringing the whole family now Charlie?” Billy chuckled as he spoke up as Bella and I came to the doorway.

“Hello Mr. Black.” Bella greeted shyly looking around him, as if searching for someone.

“Don’t worry Jacob’s just changing.” Mr. Black smiled and my sister blushed. “Well come on in now, no need to freeze outside.” We followed him into the plainly decorated house, a few pictures of family but not a ton. My dad plopped himself on the couch as if it was his second home, Mr. Black wheeled himself into place next to him. Bella and I stood as we heard an eagered someone, we already knew whom, clambering down the stairs.

“Bella.” His smile was so wide I thought it couldn’t get any bigger, he certainly had changed since the last time I saw him. I figured he would as much since the last time I saw him I was probably five.

“Jake.” She gave him a hug, well well guess Edward had competition all along I thought smugly the smirk showing on my face I’m sure cause she threw me an off-colored look. They talked for a few minutes, sort of awkwardly as I stood there ignored by all. Not like I cared, it was just a weird feeling. “Oh Tay, sorry. Jake my sister’s here too.” She chuckled in a nervous fashion as she brought the attention to me.

“Oh my god, Tay? Wow.” He pulled me into a hug that was unexpected but not nearly as anxious as Bella’s.

“Hey Jake.” I gave a tight squeeze before we parting. “It’s nice to finally see you again, all grown up.” We all chuckled, even though I knew he was a few months older than I was.
“It is indeed.” He was smiling. I took notice of his muscles after our hug, seeing the tee shirt he was wearing griping him nicely. He was very good looking, but I absolutely couldn’t stand his hair, I hated men with long hair. I was pretty sure that it was longer than mine. His tan skin also made me want to die in envy, my own pale skin that would never see any shade darker than ghostly. “So you guys wanna see my Rabbit?” His excitement got even greater as he motioned for us to follow him back outside in the gloomy weather. We walked past the truck and into the garage that was already left open; there we saw Jacob’s pride and joy as he continued to ramble on about it until we stood in front of it.

“That’s it.” I laughed seeing the red mess that was his pride and joy. Let’s just say it definitely needed a lot more work.

“Hey,” He shoved me aside. “It still needs more work but she’ll come around.”

“Yeah maybe in a few millenniums.” I whispered to Bella not so quietly so he heard, it made Bella laugh.

“Alright shut up Tay.” He said again popping the truck; the engines was shiny and new, as well were all the other parts under the hood. “Yeah, now what?”

“Alright calm down, just fix the exterior and maybe you can give me ride sometime.” I didn’t try to purposely come off as flirty, but it was just in my nature. It was never a malicious thing; it’s a personality trait, girls, guys, no one is spared as long as their relatively close to my age.

“Maybe I will.” He laughed and Bella got a sour look on her face, thankfully my dad yelling that it was time for dinner ended our situation.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay sorry it took longer than I expected I didn't know what really to write since this is a rather boring chapter, I apologize but it does get better :) More Jacob!! <3

Outfit again: http://www.polyvore.com/taysia_dinner_outfit_lt/set?id=24263471