Status: Pleasantly Finished <3 :D Thank you all <3

Everything but My Heart

4

Bella just came home again as the clock struck midnight; she crept up the stairs to not wake the body that was slumped on the couch knowing he would need his rest. I was laying on my bed, something I did often these past couple weeks waiting for Bella to roll in. She had been spending all her free time with Jake and two of his friends occasionally. She asked if I wanted to come along but I declined, since I saw the way she reacted when I made one comment about spending time with him I refrained from ruining my sister’s happiness. I heard her shut her door quietly and I rolled over on my side letting my eyes close knowing I could sleep peacefully that night.

I heard voices outside my door as I began to stir, the rain bouncing off the windowsill creating small pings of sound. It was Bella and my dad I clarified as I lifted myself off my bed. “Why don’t you take Tay along with you, I don’t want her to spend the entire day home alone.” I heard my dad say and Bella agreed she didn’t sound upset so maybe she did want me to come. I made my bed tucking in the corners when I heard Bella knock.

“Yeah?” I answered still arranging my bed that would only be slept in later.

“Did you wanna hang out with Jake and his friends today?” She asked not opening the door but talking through it.

“I’d love to.” I really was excited, I hated just sitting home alone but I didn’t like anyone at school enough yet to hang out with them.

“Great, so get ready we’re leaving in like an hour.” I heard her steps go into her room again and I gathered some clothes around the room before skipping to the bathroom. My shower was quick and I left the door open so the steam could clear off the mirror so I could finish my look with my make up and hair.

The hour went by quickly as Bella had the radio turned on low for the first time since I had been in her car, she was humming something but it certainly wasn’t the old song on the radio. “So what are they like?” I asked bringing some conversations up quickly since I knew we couldn’t have been more than a few minutes away.

“They’re boys.” She laughed a little at her thoughts I guessed, “I dunno what much else to say, I know they’ll like you though. Everyone does.” She turned to look at me quickly with a small smile.

“Kinda, I dunno that Jessica girl doesn’t sit right with me.” I flipped my hair and batted my eyelashes that were elongated with mascara to mock her.

“She’s not bad, but she’s also not a very dependable friend, but hey I told asked her to hang out a few weeks ago and so now I have to and you’re coming along.”

“And how did I get so lucky?” I saw us pull into the gravel driveway with the red house; the garages doors were closed probably to eliminate the chances of rain spilling inside.
“Oh please, let’s go I don’t wanna be drenched in the rain that long. Good thing you didn’t straighten your hair today.”

“Yeah lucky me.” I smiled tossing a few curls around with a flick of my hand. “My bangs though, but I can just quickly shield them.”

“Alright well let’s go they’re staring to get nosey.” I noticed the garage door a crack larger than it was before as a figure hid itself back inside. I followed Bella out of the car as we quickly without splashing mud and grit over ourselves head to the shelter of the garage. Bella went ahead and pushed the door open enough for us to squeeze in then I shut it behind me wanting to stall another few seconds before I was seen.

“Bella.” Rang some male voices as I came to her side I saw Jake and two other boys. They were both pretty cute, with the tan skin that I envied so. One was a bit taller with long hair like Jake, which was a shame because he would look so much better with it cut. The other had shorter curly hair that I found adorable. “Hey, dude you didn’t say she was hot.” I heard an attempted whisper from one of the two.

“Yeah, guys this is my sister Taysia, Tay this is Embry and Quil.” She introduced the boys, pointing the longhaired boy first, and then the short curly haired one.

“You guys can just call me Tay.” I said smiling before they each came to shake my hand. “Hi Jake.”

“Hey Tay.” He was wiping his hands on a rag before he went over to give Bella a hug after exchanging a few more lines with her.

“It’s okay, you get used to being ignored.” Embry joked with made me smile.

“That’s okay I have a feeling you guys are way cooler than those losers.”

“Right you are.” Quil joined. “So you’re Bella’s sister?”

“Yes sir.”

“Why is it you look,” Quil paused trying to not be offensive but I knew where he was going everyone always asked.

“We don’t look alike, I have no idea really. I must be a birth defect.” I laughed at how ridiculous that sounded.

“Some birth defect.” Quil smiled again and Embry nudged him hard.

“Don’t scare her away Quil or she’ll never come back.”

“So, what do you guys do, usually?” I sat on a wooden crate that was propped upside down as a makeshift chair; Embry and Quil did the same on other objects.

“Umm, watch as Jake fixes his ‘baby’.” They mocked together at Embry’s answer. “Sometimes we go down to the beach if it’s not raining.”

“Sounds like fun I guess, but it always rains here.”

“Not always sometimes there are days.” Quil assured me. This was how the rest of my day went, mostly spent with Quil and Embry who I liked a lot more than I initially thought I would. They were funny and unlike Jake who was completely enraptured by Bella, throwing in a few comments but Bella didn’t seem to mind Jake’s constant attention. I was glad to see her happy and return to her semi-normal state. If she was happy that was all I needed to be happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay :) I have subscribers and 1 comment, thats kind of a bummer :) but hopefully you guys will give me more <3 The story will get much much better paced now that I have most the basic stuff out of the way :) <3 Rylan

Outfit for this chapter: http://www.polyvore.com/taysia_meeting_outfit/set?id=24382647