Status: Pleasantly Finished <3 :D Thank you all <3

Everything but My Heart

6

I hadn’t seen or heard from Embry the entire two weeks after he got mad at Jake and stormed off. I had spent some time with Quil who was wondering at the disappearance of his two best friends. Even weirder than that was when Mike, Bella, Jake and I went to the movies; Jake got mad at Mike for reasons that weren’t entire clear to any of us and he just left. Bella was relentless in her effort to connect with him, but he didn’t answer either of us. She told me she went to see him yesterday and his hair was cut his muscles were bigger and he was running around in only cut off jean shorts in the pouring rain. He hardly said anything and whatever he did say was mean; but she said the last thing he said was a clue before he left to join some larger boys who Bella said Embry was one of them, who had also changed from what she could see.

“Jake’s just sick.” My dad told Bella and I before he left to go fishing with Mr. Clearwater. “Billy told me when I was over there last night, he has a terrible fever apparently. Poor boy.” Mr. Clearwater agreed saying Quil’s been enjoying my company.

“Well Tay and I were gonna head down to the beach since it was pretty nice out.” Bella said suddenly I nodded instead of giving her a weird look.

“Alright well I love you girls, I’ll see you later tonight. Please be careful girls there’s been even more disappearances lately.” My dad kissed the top of our heads before he left, Mr. Clearwater said goodbye and they left in his truck to wherever their lucky fishing spot was.

“We’re going to the beach?” I asked her after I was sure we were alone.

“No, I wanted to show you this really amazing spot in the woods.” Bella’s smile grew a little, which was an unusual sight to see, “Edward used to take me there.”

“Oh. I’ll just go get changed then.” I said running upstairs to change into more comfy clothes aka sweatpants. I put on ore deodorant, “might as well run while I’m out.” I said to myself before meeting Bella back downstairs who had her shoes on.

“Ready?” She smiled.

“You betcha.”

We jogged since I convinced Bella to change so we could get some long deserved exercise other than gym class, which she was terrible in. The woods were dark except there was a clearing ahead was you could clearly see a breaking in the trees due to the immense light. There were tons of flowers of all kinds as we walked through the small path that was wound throughout them. “Wow, this is amazing Bels.” I said bending myself to get a whiff of the lilies I stood near.

“Edwards showed me how he spa-,” Her voice trailed off it was another few seconds before she spoke again, “Sparked my love interest.”

“Oh, well that’s sweet.” I said sincerely sitting among the flowers Bella followed.

“Sweet indeed isn’t it.” A deep voice called from behind us in a small distance; we immediately stood again seeing as a tall dark skinned man was now standing in front of us.

“Who are you?” I asked wondering where the hell he came from and how he got from there to here so fast.

“Laurent.” Bella said just as shocked as I was. She knew him?

“I didn’t expect to find you here.” He cooed walking forward. “I went to visit the Cullen’s, but they house is empty. I’m surprised they left you behind. Weren’t you sort of a,” He thought of the right word to say, “Pet of theirs?” Pet? I was so confused.

“Bella, what is he talking about?” I grabbed her arm. She shook it off before answering.

“Yeah you could say that.”

“Do the Cullen’s visit often?” Bella looked conflicted, as I knew I wasn’t going to say anything, whatever this was I didn’t get a good vibe from the man named Laurent. Bella gasped and choked on her words a bit as she spoke.

“Yeah, absolutely, I’m fine.” I knew she was lying and I was pretty sure he could tell too, it was only now I noticed his blood red eyes that sent shivers down my spine as he smirked at me, “I’ll tell them that you, stopped by. I should probably tell Edward, he’s pretty protective.”

“Yes but he’s far away.” He knew as he came even closer to us, why we weren’t preparing to run was beyond me.

“Why are you here?” Bella demanded the fear ringing in her voice.

“I came here as a,” he didn’t seem very fluent in English with all his pauses but the accent gave me ideas to believe maybe he spoke something else, “favor, to Victoria.”

“Victoria.” Bella said blankly staring simply at Laurent, her face turned even paler than mine, if possible.

“She asked me to see if you were still under the protection of the Cullens. Victoria feels its only fair to kill Edward’s mate, given he killed hers.” These words he said calmly as he came even closer this time I pulled Bella back a little. “And who is she? A friend?”

“Sister.” Bella said stupidly.

“Oh, she could be Victoria’s twin you know. But, it is only fair an eye for an eye right?” He smiled evilly.
“Edward would know who did it.” She rushed fast, “And he would come after you.” She was trying to help us, but I didn’t think he cared.

“I don’t think he will.” Bella’s plan was failing, “After all, how much could you mean to him if he left you here unprotected.” Bella just stood there motionless pain reading all over her face.

“I don’t think Victoria will be happy about me killing you, but I can’t help myself. And your blood is just so mouth watering, sweet like sugar yours will be ginger.”

“Ple-eease don’t.” Bella chocked out, I was too unnerved to say anything or even move as he ran a hand through my vibrant fire red hair that must have resembled this Victoria’s before turning his attention to Bella. “You’ve helped us,”

“Shh, don’t be afraid. I’m doing you a kindness. Victoria plans on killing you slowly.” He whispered as he tilted his head closer to her neck. “I promise I’ll make it quick, I promise, you will feel nothing.” He took a few steps away and Bella simply closed her eyes.

“Bella!” I pleaded.

“Edward I love you.” Is all she whispered softly as he moved to strike her, but he stopped his attention turning to the rustling of the forest. I didn’t know if I was crazy but I heard growling coming from the darkness of the trees.

“I don’t believe it.” He said so softly I hardly heard him. It was then a giant black wolf came snarling slowly form the trees where Laurent and now mine and Bella’s attention was. There were several other wolfs of various color following behind him from the trees. Laurent started to run and the wolves chased after him, they all sped off except for one who stopped to look at Bella and I. Those eyes looked so familiar but I couldn’t place them. Where did they come from, and what the hell is going on? Bella and I watched them take off for a second before we ran back through the forest. We slowed up for a second as we neared our house.

“Would you care telling me what the hell that was?” Bella had tears in her eyes now and I softened myself but I was terrified. “Who the fuck was that? And Victoria?” She still remained silent but I blabbered on, “And what are the Cullens?”
“They’re vampires, the Cullen’s, Laurent, Victoria. Edward killed James, who was Victoria’s mate; Laurent was their third Covent member.” Bella sobbed gently now as I gave her a hug.

“Hey everything’s gonna be okay.” I let go and we proceeded to walk to the house with was in view now. We stormed into the house as Mr. Clearwater and dad were in the kitchen.

“Dad I saw them!” Bella rushed as she leaned on the kitchen table our dad turned his attention from the sink.

“What are you talking about?” He asked alarmed.

“Bella, wait.” I didn’t know if we should tell him, something was telling me we shouldn’t.

“No, in the woods.” She continued and I rolled my eyes.

“What do you mean the woods, what the hell where you girls doing in the woods?” My dad seemed irritated, Mr. Clearwater watched silent from the corner.

“Their wolves! I mean like huge wolves.” She was still yelling.

“Are you sure Bella?” Mr. Clearwater piped in looking at her oddly.

“I saw them they were after,” She paused, “Something.” Mr. Clearwater groaned as my dad thought.

“Wolves? Alright well, Harry feel like going hunting?” Our dad asked as Mr. Clearwater came closer. “Get some of you’re guys together?”

“Yeah, sure.” He seemed annoyed, not at my dad, but at Bella as he, “I’ll just uh,” He didn’t even finish before he left the kitchen and our house.

“I should go to the station.” My dad stood up hurriedly.

“Yeah you should go.” Bella practically ushered him to the police cruiser.

“Can you girls please do me a favor and stay in the house.” He urged one last time before he left out the front door.

“Yes.” I answered for the both of us before he took off. “You know he’s going to kill them, the wolves who saved us.”

“Laurent has probably already killed them.” She said glumly she was still in terror, “And Victoria is after me.”

“Bella it’s going to be okay. She’s not after you. You’ll be fine.” I hugged her again and led her upstairs to her room where we spent the rest of the day huddled together where she fell asleep in my arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay just like I said second chapter of the night :) Even more action awaits <3 Rylan

Outift: http://www.polyvore.com/taysia_forest_outfit/set?id=24448339