Musician's Do It Better

Frozen Forest

The day had ended, and my pen was hovering over the empty journal page, alluminated by the single candle I re-light from last night. With a deep breath, I started to write.

Dear Diary,

"I was only afew minutes from exiting the forest, and since I was very cold I was rubbing my left arm with my right hand- creating warmth with friction. I was at that numb point- where you were no where near frost bite, but could barley feel the circulation of blood in your veins. I picked up my speed, walking past and weaving through many trees as I started to see the street and side walk. As the tree's started to thin, and the street lamp made it easier for me to see. I walked past a particularly large tree, and a hand reached out- one pulling me behind the old tree- the other covering my mouth, stopping a shocked outcry.

I was pinned against the tree- fear starting to settle in my stomach and causing me to shake from more than just cold. His mirky blue eyes- like furious storm waters- moved up and down my body, as he kept me pinned with one hand and silent with the other. I felt tears build up and threaten to spill over, as the wind russled my hair and bite into my cold face.

"You'll do." He said, taking the hand off my chest and quickly turning me over so I was pressed with my chest against the tree- my head turned to the left.

I felt cold metal hand cuffs slid onto my wrists and close painfully tight. Then he turned me around and tied a gag onto my mouth- the rough material making the edges of my mouth raw instentky as my tounge reflexivly pushed on it. He roughly grabbed shoulder, and started to pull me along- back through the frozen forest that now looked so grim and evil. I instantly dug the heels of my sneakers into the cold soil- tears flooding down my cheeks as he simply laughed- and threw me roughly over his shoulder.

I couldn't kick because he was holding my feet firmly- couldn't punch because my hands were hand cuffed behind my back and I couldn't scream for help because the gag was to tight and thick to form sounds around. All I could do was cry.

It wasn't long until he threw me into the back of a van- the type companies have to transport materials. I rolled across the floor from the force he threw me0 and the sudden heat of the van on my cold and freezing body sent shoke waves of pain through my body as heat contacted cold.

As he slid the door shut- a loud crash forming as it shut fully and the lock was snapped into place. I was instantly plunged into darkness."


I shut my eyes tightly, one tear making a track down my cheek as I closed the book with shaking hands. When I opened my eyes again, I slipped the pen into the binding of the book, and put it in the top drawer of my end table. Moxie jumped up and curled into my body as I blew out the candle, not bothering to climb under the blankets- though I was cold.

I didn't want to disturb Moxie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Thanks Giving!