`Eros

Preface

Sometimes us girls find our self dreaming of our past, how in our child hood we were so happy, young and oblivious to the world around us and cared more about plastic figurines of too perfect women, than we did of guys and our futures.

We also believed in the lies they call fairytales and just assumed that one day we would all get our prince charming and live happily ever after. But when we become a teenager everything changes. Most find that there is no such thing as fairytales. Others hold on to the hope that maybe one day they will find their prince charming, choosing to ignore all sense and logic. I stopped believing in fairytales when I was ten years old. “why?” you may ask, most girls that age are still dreaming about fairies and princesses and asking their daddy to chase away the monsters in the closet.

I still did until one night. I lost my mother, Grace, my father, John, my little brother and sister Leo and Jamie. I lost all of them in one night. I was staying at my best friend Lucy’s house, it was the middle of winter we were living in Tasmania and my parents were going grocery shopping with my little brother and sister. They didn’t see the oil on the road and they were going too fast. The car rolled before going over an embankment. The police said they all died instantly, so there was nothing anyone could do, but maybe if I was their things might have turned out differently.

But then maybe not, when tragic events happens in your life you spend hours and hours thinking of ways that would eliminate the tragedy, but that would require some serious time traveling, and our technology may be advanced in the twenty-first century but we are not that advanced. So we try and move on, try to believe that things will be okay in the end. But eventually we give up believing, we lose all hope, and believe that this is all we have to live for, that people like us aren’t destined to have a happily ever after.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think :)