`Eros

Possession.

My room looks like some guest bedroom, all it has is a single bed in the corner with plain cotton sheets, a desk, and a dresser all made out of that cheap pine wood. A milk crate with a pillow slip over the top makes my bedside table, with a lamp.

The things, that the room lacks is personal belonging, I do have a few bits and pieces, but I have to keep them hidden because the few I have are all from my previous life, and Mary would take them if she ever found them. I sit down on my bed closing my eyes I touch the energy and once again it moves at my will, I lift the one lose floor board in the corner of my room and there sitting between all the cob webs and dust is a mobile phone box.

I bring the phone box that holds all of my personal belonging in it to me. I slowly open my eyes as the box gently lands in my hands. I’ve managed to keep them hidden for the past seven years. I carefully lift the box out and begin going through it.

In the box is a family photo taken two days before the accident, we are all sitting around a bench outside; at the same grocery shops my parents were going to the day of the accident. My mother’s engagement ring, her signet ring from when she was a teen, her wedding ring and a few others rings. A gold and silver charm bracelet both filled to the max with charms, a diamond necklace and earring set that my father gave her and a silver locket with another photo of the twins Jamie and Leo when they were just born, they are in my lap and I’ve got an arm around both of them, smiling because I‘m truly happy.

Next are the two opals my parents got me for my tenth birthday. I nagged them for weeks because they are my favorite stone. I finally managed to convince them that I was responsible enough to have such precious, expensive stones and they got me one each, one is a black opal about the size of a twenty cent piece the other is a white opal about the same size. They are meant to be worth a fortune and Mary has been trying to find out what happened to them for years. Also in the box are my father’s wedding ring and his mother’s engagement ring that has supposed to be in their family for generations.

So I’ve got quite a bit of jewelry because it’s small enough to fit in his box and easy to keep hidden. Also in here is one of those small teddy bears I got when I was a baby and a few other bits and pieces. I don’t realize I’m crying until one rolls down my cheek and lands on the teddy. Like the boy that is moving in down the street I lived in a very nice house and had lots of personal belongings, all the clothes a girl could want and a family that loved me. But unlike that boy I lost it all, all because there was oil on the road that one particular night. And now I live with some bitch who only adopted me because of my family’s fortune. I put everything back in the box and put it back using my gift, grab some clothes and head to the bathroom for a shower. I stand in front of the mirror and take in my reflection.

My hair is still tied up so I untie it and let it tumble down my back. My eyes are all red and puffy but when I haven’t been crying they are big but not scary big and are green framed in naturally long, thick black eyelashes. My nose is normal, my bottom lip is big and much fuller than the top, but I don‘t look like a fish, thankfully. My skin tone is a bit pale but I can tan without burning, and I have got clear skin for some odd reason I have never had a pimple, regardless of how much make up I ware.

I’m skinny some say to skinny but I can’t put on weight no matter how much junk food I eat, so that’s a plus. Let’s just say I have hips, Mary says they are big but I like them they give me shape. I have long thin legs, they were good when I use to dance but I gave that up when my parents died. My dance teacher was distraught she use to say I could’ve gone far, that I had amazing talent, but it reminded too much of my past.

She was right though I was a natural, even the hardest of steps I learnt at once; I also have insanely good balance. Again, thinking about my past brings a wave of loss, regardless of how much time passes every time I think of my pass it brings the familiar wave of loss and hole in my gut.

Pushing my emotions aside I undress, grab my brush and get in the shower determined not to cry. By the time I’m dressed, hair is normal looking and I’ve had some breakfast it’s about nine a clock. I grab my phone and wallet, stuff them in my bag and head for work.
♠ ♠ ♠
tell me what you think :)