I Don't Love You Like I Loved You

Chapter 7

Nick came by and picked us up around 5:30. I'm glad Amanda ended up with Nick. He was better then the other douche bags she dated. They had choose T.G.I.F. Fridays for the date. I waited nervously for my date to show up. I was more nervous to see who my date was. I had this gut feeling it was going to be somebody I didn't like or was going to have something wrong with him. I saw somebody out of the corner approaching our table. I recognized him instantly. It was Jerry Roush.
''Hey Jerry, you made it,'' Nick said giving him a hug. Jerry handed me a rose and smiled.
''Thank you Jerry,'' I said smiling. He took a seat next to me.
''So you are the infamous Ashley,'' he said.
''I'm not infamous,''
''Some people I know have told me about you, and when i said i was going on a date with you they were all like "take good care of her, she is one of a kind,''
''I hear that alot, that I'm one of a kind, so Mr. Roush what have you been up too,'' i asked smiling.
''Not too much, but you may have heard that I'm filling for Austin from Of Mice & Men for the tour in a few months,''
''Awesome,''
''Can I buy you a drink?'' Jerry asked. I bit my lip and smiled.
''Only if you can guess what my favorite alcohol drink is, you get three guesses,''
''A strawberry margarita,''
''eeepp no,''
''rum punch?''
''not quite, one more,''
''your a hard liquor type of girl so I'm going to with straight up jack Daniels,'' he said. I laughed and shook my head.
''sorry Jerry, but my fave drink is an adios,''
''no way,''
''Yes way, but i got this weird pit feeling telling me not to drink any tonight,''
''Oh, okay that's cool, are you hungry?'' I shrugged my shoulders when he asked me that.
''well if you are i want to feed you,'' he said laughing.
''Sure no problem, i want everything on the menu,'' I said. Jerry flagged down a waiter to take our order. I ordered something small. I didn't't want to seem like a cow in front o f Jerry, he was just chowing down. We made small talk but just talking to him made me feel more comfortable about myself. After we ate dinner, Jerry walked me to Nick's car..
''Thanks for everything tonight Jerry,'' I gave him a kiss on the cheek and handed him a piece of paper with my phone number on it.
''Can I call you anytime?'' he asked.
''Anytime, I'm sure,'' I watched Jerry walk away from me. He got into his car and drove off. I even saw him look back a few times. Nick opened the door for me and Amanda like the gentlemen he was. The drive back to our apartment seemed longer then usual. Amanda stayed outside with Nick to say good-bye to him. I walked up to my room by myself and just plopped on my bed. I just relaxed and shut my eyes.